Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 Is this possible with terrain editor?

Is this possible with terrain editor?

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post July 19th, 2016, 1:56 pm

Points on hand: 67.00 Points
Just wondering if you could take a plan view of a coaster and paste it on the terrain and use it like a template?
Was going to use a google map image if possible. This is the map location that I was planning on using.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Alt ... -1.8886531

Yeah.. I want to recreate Alton Towers :o

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
You can use the overlay function within the views to paste a picture onto the plan view. However getting the actual terrain topographical information is much harder (plus I don't think google maps has any accurate information for Alton Towers).
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 67.00 Points
Thanks. Though it would be possible but unsure how to implement it. I'll have a bash later. Will try and source the terrain topographics and if successful, I will post findings here.
Once again... thanks.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I have no idea what data the UK has available but perhaps you could get a topographic map of the area. Keep in mind that if you have a 3m contour interval 2m rolling hills won't show up between those contours though, so it would still be very general.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
What I do for a template is, In Sketchup, I use the 'Add location' function. That lets me choose a top down view from google maps, then it puts it in my model. Export that as a .3ds, and make an object in NL2. Now you have a template you can move around much easier, and the scale is right and you don't have to figure that out.
Plantoris

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2