Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Six Flags New England 2017 - S&S Free Spin

Six Flags New England 2017 - S&S Free Spin

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post August 10th, 2016, 9:19 pm
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
This document from the City of Agawam pretty much confirms that Six Flags New England will be adding an S&S Free Spin coaster in 2017.
http://www.agawam.ma.us/filestorage/286 ... agenda.pdf

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
NO PLEASE
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
The whole point of making changes to a park is to bring customers back and to attract new customers to the park that have never had a reason to visit before, in my opinion. They have achieved only the former and, with such a shamefully lackluster addition, have actually given me incentive to NOT return. Luckily for them they still have Superman, Wicked Cyclone, and Cold Stone Creamery, so this park is an exception in my book.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
slosprint wrote:
They have achieved only the former and, with such a shamefully lackluster addition, have actually given me incentive to NOT return.

Sheesh, enthusiasts are so picky these days that they would be more willing to go to a park that adds nothing than go to park that is adding a ride that does not appease them. This new 4D coaster is not replacing a beloved attraction or is going to be disruptive in any form, in my opinion, so I do not see how this would not be an improvement to the park. SFNE received Wicked Cyclone last year, so it makes sense that the park is receiving a ride with a lower budget for next year.
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Huh S&S free fly coasters look pretty cool - should be a nice addition to the park!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Gerstlauer should work on creating their own "Free Spin" coaster, IMO, using the "Sky Roller" system! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Cool addition. Fun looking little rides.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
Those rides are actually pretty fun, but WAY too short.

Six Flags is obviously still in cut and paste mode. You're either getting a S&S 4D, a Justice League or a Flat or two. Yep. Pretty much phoning it in.
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Rumor is SFGAm is supposed to be getting one of these near B:TR. I find that odd since it's the only park to escape the Larson Loop and Starflyer additions thus far.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
I'm a little surprised SFNE is getting one of these since SFGAdv just got one this year and I'm guessing there's a bit of overlap in their markets. In my opinion, La Ronde would have been the better choice for it in the north east. However, the general consensus is that these rides are decent so it should be a good addition to the park.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Paradox User avatar

This ride will literally be the 5th clone at the park. I'd much rather they tear down the water ride and put a couple flats in like one of those packages SFoT got.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Um, getting 6 same rides means that they will get the title of "6 Flags 6 Clones" haha! ;)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Paradox wrote:
This ride will literally be the 5th clone at the park. I'd much rather they tear down the water ride and put a couple flats in like one of those packages SFoT got.

Six Flags will probably be announcing pretty much nothing but clones for next year. Be glad at least your won't be a relocated one this time.

Paradox User avatar

Manic Monte wrote:
Paradox wrote:

Six Flags will probably be announcing pretty much nothing but clones for next year. Be glad at least your won't be a relocated one this time.

Knowing SFNE, they'll relocate Green Lantern from SFMM and put it right next to the 4D free spin.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Current prediction:

It'll do the two color paint job thing like joker, but this will be Batman Vs Superman. Left side Batman, right side superman. Merchandise sales for days.

Points on hand: 671.00 Points
Paradox wrote:
Manic Monte wrote:
Paradox wrote:

Knowing SFNE, they'll relocate Green Lantern from SFMM and put it right next to the 4D free spin.

Well, the .pdf doesn't specify what brand of 4D coaster. ;)

MagnumFreak25 wrote:
Current prediction:

It'll do the two color paint job thing like joker, but this will be Batman Vs Superman. Left side Batman, right side superman. Merchandise sales for days.

That actually doesn't sound too bad! Except...didn't the BvS movie flop in theatres?

Well, it was a horrible movie and the reviews were absolute poop, but it made some pretty good money still. (*cough* anything six flags does *cough*) Doesn't they need to specifically do it with the movie.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Batman vs Superman - the ride as good as the movie should have been.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Manic Monte wrote:
Paradox wrote:

I'm honestly surprised a bunch of X-Flight (SFGAm) clones haven't popped up everywhere that has room.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 1,681.00 Points
I just rode Splashwater Falls yesterday, and let me say this: it's a waste of water, and it doesn't belong in the park. I barely got wet at all. I actually was trying to tell people there would "be a coaster next year in this spot, mark my words," but I don't think people wanted to listen, smh :roll: :lol:

I would love if they attempted to reuse the current station building, but there probably would be enough room, so we'll see what happens. Anyone got any other interesting theme ideas (other than BvS, which really wouldn't work imo)?
I'm not brand new to NL2 so ignore how many posts I have atm, I post a lot other places :)

??????????????????? ?????? ?????? ?????? ????g???????? ???????????????????

Paradox User avatar

Left Twix vs Right Twix the ride
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Manic Monte wrote:
Paradox wrote:

I'm honestly surprised a bunch of X-Flight (SFGAm) clones haven't popped up everywhere that has room.

I think they would have if S&S hadn't come along with a cheaper, more compact ride. It's weird how conservative chain spending has become almost across the board. From Busch, to Cedar Fair to Six Flags. They're all resorting to clones, re-hashes and small trinket rides.

I mean, I get it. The theme park business has become so unpredictable that ROI has become their God. But at least there use to be one BIG ride every year. Outside of Dollywood and Cedar Point, chains just don't want to invest heavily anywhere anymore.

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!