Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Man Drowns at Wild Waves Water Park in Washington

Man Drowns at Wild Waves Water Park in Washington

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
FEDERAL WAY, Wash. -- Authorities say a 33-year-old man has died in an apparent drowning at Wild Waves Theme Park in Federal Way.

Wild Waves officials said in a statement Sunday that lifeguards pulled the man out of one of the activity pools around 5:30 p.m. Saturday evening. Lifeguards and first responder teams began CPR.

https://twitter.com/Southkingfire/statu ... 5981954048

??? South King Fire (@Southkingfire) August 21, 2016
South King Fire & Rescue says its crews arrived and performed CPR on the man, but were unable to revive him.

According to CBS affiliate KIRO-TV, some witnesses pointed fingers at the lifeguards, claiming they were slow to react. Other witnesses describe the scene as chaotic and say the lifeguards took time to debate about what to do.

Park officials issued a statement saying their ???thoughts are with the family in this difficult time.??? They also said they???re helping authorities with the investigation.

Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/man-dies-at ... -drowning/
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Points on hand: 5,955.00 Points
Another accident?

JFC.
Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Hey look! My home park is finally mentioned on Coa... Damn.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

rip :( I wonder why the lifeguards were slow to react. Busy on their cellphones or just too crowded to notice it happening right away?
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

As someone who lives near the park I'm assuming it was in the wave pool. If so the crowd of people is normally so thick you can't see the water itself. Especially on days like when this happened. It was 95-98*F

If they saw him they likely were trying to figure out how to get to him. Either way at least someone should have gone in to bring him up.

EDIT: if in any other pool the same situation may have occured. Lot of possibilities.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!