Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area [NL2] Songbird

[NL2] Songbird

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post August 13th, 2016, 10:01 am
Jer User avatar

Points on hand: 1,089.00 Points

Alrighty then, after a long absence I think its time to start using NL2 again for more than just competition tracks.

I wanted to start out with a style ive never done before, a Dive Machine. This one is loosely based off one I built in RCT2. Except the layout is more how I would have done it, without RCT2's restrictions. So in reality other than the name Songbird the layout is totally different.

The colors are not set in stone, but so far the layout is. Looking forward to your feed back, I'm mostly concerned about shaping right now, the gs seem to be in check for a dive machine, as do the mechanics of the lift hill and drop.

I also have 3 or 4 coasters on backlog to upload from other offsite competitions. None of them are really rather amazing, but I would like to get them up to keep my uploads updated in case I change computers again.

Thanks guys!
Phoenix|Maverick|Skyrush|RFII|Leviathan|Bizzaro[SFNE]|Bdash|Griffon|El Toro|Verbolten
RIP Chiller: 1997-2008

Post August 15th, 2016, 3:12 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,058.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Interesting shaping on the Immelman dive loop, I can't help but feel it enters and exits it quite straight compared to the traditional B&M immelman dive loop. Does it flow alright / forces all in check?

EDIT: Dive loop not immelman - silly me :shock:
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post August 15th, 2016, 6:30 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Can you post a side view of the drop? Dive machines tend to pull out the instant the drop hits 90 degrees.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post August 15th, 2016, 8:26 pm
Jer User avatar

MKingy: Yeah I feel the shaping on the dive roll was off, but the flow and forces are in check, it hits 4.0 on the entrance on 3.5 on the exit.

Paradox: Here is a side profile of both vertical drops. It does seem to be vertical for longer than a usual dive machine.

And yes I have done more layout since the first post, not much and progress might be slow due to work this week. However please keep the feedback incoming, ill take everything into consideration, and do my best to respond.

Phoenix|Maverick|Skyrush|RFII|Leviathan|Bizzaro[SFNE]|Bdash|Griffon|El Toro|Verbolten

Post August 15th, 2016, 10:11 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Your dive loop reminds me of the one on SFGAM's Goliath. When a ride is so huge you can get away with stuff like that at least!
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post August 16th, 2016, 1:22 am
mkingy User avatar

I think the dive loop needs to twist the other way - I was looking at some videos and pictures of Griffon and the first Immelman on that has similar track shaping to your dive loop, but twists the other way to make it look a bit more natural. That's based on this.

I feel like the actual immelman after the 2nd drop could do with twisting earlier too - the shaping looks a little off in the last picture. Perhaps a bit more of a pointed apex and some more banking ala this part of Griffon

On a different note I really like the sweeping turn into the MCBR it's got a lot of interaction with the previous elements and looks a lot of fun!
Coaster Count - 198

Post August 27th, 2016, 8:02 pm
Jer User avatar

Hey, im sorry for the absence, these last few weeks have been crazy so I really wasnt able to work until tonight.

I fixed the banking on the dive loop and immelmann, I hope they look better for shaping now, as well as adding a floater hill and barrel roll. The interaction looks as good as it is now, it should only get better with supports.

Looking forward to your feedback

Post August 31st, 2016, 4:55 am
mkingy User avatar

Yeah the shaping looks loads better now! I like the finale - keeping the ride low to the ground is sure to increase the feeling of speed.
Coaster Count - 198

Return to Hard Hat Area