Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Cedar Point 2018 - Steel Vengeance RMC Mean Streak

Cedar Point 2018 - Steel Vengeance RMC Mean Streak

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post August 8th, 2016, 2:39 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I don't think that there are pointless layouts throughout the world. Always fun to see those characteristics! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post August 12th, 2016, 12:00 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I know most of us probably browse screamscape, but cedar point will be revealing more or all of 2017 next week on Thursday, August 18th.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post August 12th, 2016, 12:02 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
It wouldn't surprise me if they expand into the Soak City parking lot and then make up for it with additional parking in part of the area Mean Streak used to occupy.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post August 14th, 2016, 5:24 pm

Hope that one of their extreme thrills will invade the pool area, yea, to wow swimmers! :)

Post August 18th, 2016, 8:33 am
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
Soak City getting renamed to Cedar Point Shores and getting new trapdoor slides from WhiteWater West for 2017.
CP2017.PNG
https://www.instagram.com/cedarpoint/

Post August 18th, 2016, 8:44 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

Ah redoing Soak City. I'm not surprised to be honest since it's kind of like the bastard child of that peninsula.

Post August 18th, 2016, 8:44 am
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Cedar Point Shores Water Park

Big waves are coming in 2017!

Announcing the new Cedar Point Shores Water Park! It's 18 acres of splish-splashin family fun, featuring three completely new water attractions, upgrades to food and merchandise locations, new cabanas and so much more.

NEW Ways to Cool Off

You'll find all-new attractions designed for big thrills and little thrills.

Point Plummet - It's a six-story-tall aqua-drop body slide that will simultaneously send four riders on a nearly vertical free fall when the floor drops out from under them!

Starboard Surge & Portside Plunge - Located on the same structure as Point Plummet, these two, five-story tube slides can accommodate single riders or pairs and sends them through an enclosed tunnel before shooting them out into the sun through intense drops and turns.

Lakeslide Landing - A family splashground of epic proportions! There's 12, kid-sized water slides that line the perimeter of a zero-depth-entry pool, giving kids their own mini water thrills while parents can relax under shade structures and enjoy an oversized lounge and sun deck area.

NEW Ways to Dine

The new Crystal Rock Cafe will cook up delicious food items guests won't be able to resist. The menu includes food items like:
Fresh-baked flat breads (caprese, buffalo mac & cheese and more)
Farm salad options (crispy chicken BLT, Asian chicken and chicken Caesar)
Pesto-glazed grilled chicken sandwiches
Fresh-breaded chicken tenders
Waffle fries
Tater tots
Cheeseburgers
Bratwurst
Loaded potato wedges

NEW Ways to Chill

The all-new cabanas, located on both sides of the massive wave pool, receive upgrades like free Wi-Fi, charging stations, ceiling fans, TVs and dedicated food and beverage service. The cabanas can accommodate friends, families or even family reunions!

More New Upgrades

Cedar Point Shores will receive a completely new entrance gate, a new poolside bar, new family changing/showering areas, more lounge chairs, additional shade, improved landscaping and unobstructed views of Lake Erie.

Invest in 2017 Summer Fun NOW

Cedar Point Shores opens in 2017 and the best way to enjoy the super-soaking fun AND The Roller Coaster Capital of the World is with a 2017 Platinum Pass! Enjoy unlimited admission to Cedar Point and Cedar Point Shores, Early Entry, FREE parking, exclusive ride nights, in-park discounts and so much more. Platinum Passes for 2017 will be going on sale soon!

Get set to get wet in 2017 with Cedar Point Shores Water Park!

PPheader.jpg

LLheader.jpg

Post August 18th, 2016, 9:26 am

Goodbye the name "Soak City" that is familiar... :sad:

Post August 18th, 2016, 2:43 pm

Points on hand: 671.00 Points
This would be the perfect opportunity to combine admission for both CP and the former Soak City...If they were crazy enough to lose all the added resort revenue that is.

Post August 18th, 2016, 3:03 pm

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Well no. They'd make more money this way. A lot more. 3 parks are better than one. Also, besides the water park Breakers is getting an extra 6-story tower and Breakers express is getting that already announced expansion. No announcements about the dry park have been made yet, expect SOMETHING to come. Probably not very big, but Mean Streak still has a small chance. Stay tuned for tonight though.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post August 18th, 2016, 3:45 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

The general rebranding, awnings, etc should look great.

Post August 18th, 2016, 11:38 pm

MagnumFreak25 wrote:
Well no. They'd make more money this way. A lot more.

I agree though?
Sodexo wrote:
This would be the perfect opportunity to combine admission for both CP and the former Soak City...If they were crazy enough to lose all the added resort revenue that is.

Post August 19th, 2016, 10:11 am
stevecoaster User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,031.00 Points

MagnumFreak25 wrote:
Well no. They'd make more money this way. A lot more. 3 parks are better than one. Also, besides the water park Breakers is getting an extra 6-story tower and Breakers express is getting that already announced expansion. No announcements about the dry park have been made yet, expect SOMETHING to come. Probably not very big, but Mean Streak still has a small chance. Stay tuned for tonight though.

Yes, I am very certain CP will post cryptic videos like with Mantis regarding Mean Streak's fate. I still seriously doubt it's being demolished.
Vasco XTR

Post August 23rd, 2016, 10:53 am
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Hmm...
McClure was coy when asked about the future of Mean Streak, Cedar Point's massive wooden coaster that will close next month.

Roller coaster fans are hoping that instead of being torn down, Mean Streak will be converted into a new ride ?????? a so-called hybrid coaster with a wood frame and steel track.

McClure said any announcement of what will replace Mean Streak will come after the ride's last operating day, Friday, Sept. 16, the opening night of HalloWeekends.

"We'll string it out for a while," said McClure. "We like that people are curious."

He added, "The only thing I can tell you right now is that we won't disappoint you with what we do back there."

http://www.cleveland.com/travel/index.s ... rt_m-rpt-1

Post August 23rd, 2016, 11:46 am

Points on hand: 3,266.00 Points
I think pretty much everyone is expecting an RMC at this point. If McClure truly means that statement "we wont disappoint you", then it pretty much has to be an RMC at some point. Anything less would cause disappointment from that crowd. Right?
Lightning Rod|Intimidator 305|Fury 325|Twisted Timbers|Storm Chaser|Wicked Cyclone|Skyrush|Maverick|El Toro|Voyage

Post August 23rd, 2016, 12:07 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Is it bad if I'd prefer them to make T Express on steroids instead?

Post September 10th, 2016, 12:17 pm
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

What will happen to Mean Streak's wood after it closes at Cedar Point?

SANDUSKY, Ohio -- One of Cedar Point??????s beasts is getting the axe.

But when Mean Streak joins the park??????s ??????dead rides,?????? what??????s in store for its towering lumber?

??????Everyone has been asking what we??????re gonna do with the wood,?????? says park spokesperson Tony Clark. ??????We??????re taking it down. We??????re not gonna really give it to anybody. We??????re not going to sell it. We??????re not gonna auction it. It??????s gotta go. If that changes and we want to build some special chairs or furniture and sell it in the park, we??????ll let people know, but I don??????t think there??????s big plans for that wood.??????

The coaster, a rickety journey along 5,427 feet of track, features 1.7 million board feet of treated southern yellow pine.

When Cincinnati-area sister park Kings Island demolished its troubled Son of Beast wooden coaster a few years ago, a limited number of track pieces were sold to fans. Cedar Point currently has no plans in place to sell any piece of Mean Streak.

Mean Streak, once the tallest and fastest wooden coaster, will unleash its final screams on Friday, Sept. 16 at 7 p.m. -- the same day HalloWeekends opens.

Although Clark won??????t even hint at what could fill Mean Streak??????s footprint, speculation is swirling among thrill seekers that its existing structure will be repurposed to become a wood-steel hybrid coaster built by Rocky Mountain Construction. A similar example would be RMC's Twisted Colossus coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia, Calif.

??????I cannot tell you anything about what??????s happening here,?????? Clark said. ??????I can??????t tell you what we??????re doing specifically with the area. I can??????t tell you what it will be. I can??????t tell you when that??????s gonna happen because if I did, I??????d be looking for my replacement here at Cedar Point. I like my job, and I??????d like to keep it. Everybody will find out at the direct and exact moment that we are ready to spill the beans.??????

To date, more than 26 million people have climbed aboard Mean Streak since it opened in May 1991.

http://www.wkyc.com/features/what-will- ... /315488209

Post September 10th, 2016, 12:46 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Put the bents in Mystic Timbers lol

Post September 10th, 2016, 12:47 pm

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Is it bad if I'd prefer them to make T Express on steroids instead?

No, no it is not. I really hope Cedar Point doesn't drag this out past the 16th, but it seems like they intend to.

Post September 11th, 2016, 10:35 pm

aj74205 wrote:
No, no it is not. I really hope Cedar Point doesn't drag this out past the 16th, but it seems like they intend to.

Gotta love em

Post September 15th, 2016, 8:49 am

You guys ready for the 16th? Almost there. Time Flies. :)

Post September 16th, 2016, 12:14 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post September 16th, 2016, 9:44 pm

Got removed from the official park ride list, already. Their announcement was real... :sad:

Post September 17th, 2016, 3:01 am

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
I want to say I have never been so insulted and infuriated with an amusement park before today. Went to go see Mean Streak off, got there around 7:45pm and it was already closed.

Because at 1pm yesterday a tweet went out that it would only be open for one hour. ONE IN THE AFTERNOON ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT TO HAPPEN FIVE HOURS LATER :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

That's abesolutely not fair! I planned and juggled and took off work early to make it down there for that to find it closed not even two hours after the park opened. That's bulls***.

and then I went to guest services to voice my complaint and at least see who I needed to talk to to get my pin and they said "you should have checked the site and twitter" IT WASNT POSTED UNTIL 1PM THE DAY OF!!!!! That was a a slap in my already insulted face from Superviser Emily at Guest Services. To look me in the face and basically say, "sorry for everything you went through to get here for this event today but you should have done more".

I might not even renew my pass next year. HEATED

Post September 17th, 2016, 7:27 am

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
When they announced closing they said it would only be open for a couple hours. Originally it would have closed at 8 I believe, and if you only got to the park at 7:45 you probably still wouldn't have ridden it.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!