Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Music?

Music?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post September 29th, 2016, 9:24 pm

Points on hand: 120.00 Points
Do we have an official music thread? If not, here's a raga https://youtu.be/qPeQlkJH_uk
I LOVE YOU JESUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Post September 30th, 2016, 12:18 pm

Points on hand: 1,336.00 Points
I guess I'll go next. Heres my playlist.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcdOQkX8GS7dv3jpTnc3yhdTH8rVpl6Op
Its best if you put it on shuffle. Its a great mix of all the different genres.

Post October 1st, 2016, 4:50 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^^ Raga is mythical... I didn't know that thing. Thanks for expanding our world! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post October 17th, 2016, 7:28 pm

Points on hand: 104.00 Points
I love to listen to a lot of different music of different genres. I also wear lots of band shirts and have some other forms of merch too! Some of the bands I listen to are:

Metalcore/Electronicore:
Asking Alexandria
Chelsea Grin
Rings Of Saturn
As I Lay Dying
Cannibal Grandpa
Bisector
Pleading With Iris
Fit For A King
August Burns Red
The Acacia Strain
The Devil Wears Prada
Blessthefall
Attila
Born Of Osiris
I See Stars
The Ghost Inside
Parkway Drive
It Dies Today
Abandon All Ships
Bring Me The Horizon
Ice Nine Kills
Motionless In White
We Butter The Bread With Butter
Skip The Foreplay
Attack Attack!
Miss May I
Issues
Capture The Crown
Upon A Burning Body
The Word Alive

Metal:
Ingested
Abhorrent Decimation
Pathology
Death
Cannibal Corpse
Fleshgod Apocalypse
Havok
Wolves In The Throne Room
Deafheaven
Fallujiah
Origin
Nile
Cephalotripsy
Unfathomable Ruination
Amazing Grave
Visceral Disgorge
Black Crown Initiate
Carnifex
Benediction
Decapitated
Behemoth
Napalm Death
Obituary

Rock/Pop Punk:
Dance Gavin Dance
Hail The Sun
Alesana
Pierce The Veil
Sleeping With Sirens
The Misfits
Black Veil Brides
Aerodrone
Cinematic Sunrise
All Time Low
Forever The Sickest Kids
The Summer Set
Falling In Reverse
Get Scared
Underoath
Confide
Waterparks
As It Is
Neck Deep
The Story So Far
Drop The Anchor
Sum 41
Simple Plan
Blink-182
System Of A Down
KoRn
Slipknot
Disturbed
Rise Against
Deftones
Silverstein
Mayday Parade
Fall Out Boy
My Chemical Romance

Electronic/Dance (not much but I like some):
Blood On The Dance Floor
Sinners Are Winners
Ghost Town
Deadmau5
Jack ??
Skrillex
Ke$ha
Cascada
Brokencyde
Dot Dot Curve

Alternative/Pop:
Panic! At The Disco
M83
Capital Cities
Twenty One Pilots
Melanie Martinez
Halsey
Troye Sivan
Hayley Kiyoko
Incubus
Walk The Moon
Death Cab For Cutie
PVRIS
Taking Back Sunday
Black Keys
OK Go

Post October 17th, 2016, 8:21 pm

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points
I'm not really picky at all about alternative rock. I sometimes listen to bands and artists that a lot of the internet hates or would consider snark bait. I listen to other types of music too but I think rock and its various subgenres are my favorite kind of music. Loud music at concerts kinda gives me a rush.

Post October 17th, 2016, 8:36 pm

Points on hand: 6,689.00 Points
Guns N' Roses, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Metallica, MOTLEY CRUE, Linkin Park, Alice Cooper, Avenged Sevenfold, Airbourne, Slash, Slipknot, Volbeat, Velvet Revolver. Basically almost anything rock that can be played on the radio lol
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head??
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Post October 17th, 2016, 11:58 pm

Anyone who's fond of "RCT2 or 3" background music? Just wondering! :lol:

Post October 18th, 2016, 1:01 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

I'm pretty diverse with music though I mainly listen to electronic music and all rock/metal. I can post a few awesome songs from well known bands as well as unknown groups if people would like
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post October 19th, 2016, 6:31 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I mainly listen to Metal and Classical music, in their various guises, predominantly death metal.
However, pretty much any music is fine in my book, with the exception of really odious gangster music, or particularly bland pop music.

About 80% of my playlist is either metal, classical, or music from movies/games. About 10% is various types of electronic music. The remaining 10% is made up of just random stuff that I happen to like even though it's by Avril Lavigne or someone like that.

It's hard for me to sum up my taste in music :lol:

Post October 19th, 2016, 10:28 am
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Yeah if I were to sum up my two most listened to styles of music by subgenre it would be Death Metal and Progressive House. So much music lol
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post October 19th, 2016, 12:16 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
yay101 wrote:
Fall Out Boy
My Chemical Romance
Panic! At The Disco

You have the complete fat-girl lineup right there lol.

Also grunge was the poop. Learn how to twiddle the knobs on your amps jesus christ.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post October 19th, 2016, 12:45 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Been getting a lot into Ice Nine Kills lately and just saw them the other day in concert and they were absolutely amazing! I also got to meet the band members and they are very sweet and care about each one of their fans... just ads to it!

One of their albums takes famous horror literature/movies and makes them into songs. Ill put down a few videos for you all to enjoy!

Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Post October 27th, 2016, 2:52 pm
Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points

Post October 29th, 2016, 7:16 am

^^ Tunes that are showing off (maybe) their power! :D

Post October 31st, 2016, 7:30 pm

Points on hand: 739.00 Points
How about we showcase my own music, shall we?

This is the latest release by my metal band. We are called Bloodtouch. Have a listen.
https://bloodtouch.bandcamp.com/album/samhain-grim
Subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Follow me on Instagram!

Post October 31st, 2016, 7:36 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

I've photographed like 1000 live sets and this year flew across the country from Boston to San Francisco to see my favorite band (Neurosis) play their 30th anniversary shows if that's worth anything. Here's some of my live music photography, probably about a third of what I've actually shot over the years. I should upload some stuff some time. https://www.flickr.com/photos/boulderdashcci

I have very broad taste, mainly rooted in post rock and ambient.

Post November 4th, 2016, 4:58 pm
Xenon User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 375.00 Points
Bank: 431.00 Points
lol240 wrote:
Anyone who's fond of "RCT2 or 3" background music? Just wondering! :lol:

Yes, actually. Being an RCT3 player, I really like Nemesis Quest for most of my coasters, not sure why.
hyyyper wrote:
Turbo wrote:
WCD-Ltd wrote:
Some of the complaining people lived up to 200 Km away
That's a joke right? What complaint could they have possibly given?

They should only be allowed to complain about the coaster being built too far away from them.

Post November 14th, 2016, 5:43 am

One of my thoughts: What is your favorite or best song used in NoLimits 1/2 builder's POVs? :)

Post November 24th, 2016, 10:33 am

Points on hand: 104.00 Points
Blase Rhine wrote:
Been getting a lot into Ice Nine Kills lately and just saw them the other day in concert and they were absolutely amazing!

I absolutely love Ice Nine Kills and I feel that at least the Nature Of The Beast album is by far their most clever and innovative album. The other albums were cool but a little directionless and I feel they actually have an established sound now. Communion Of The Cursed or Star Crossed Enemies are probably my favourite songs by them.

Post September 13th, 2019, 11:37 am

Points on hand: 1,111.00 Points
Bumping this thread because why not. I like music! I wanna talk about it! Yeah!!

MY FAVORITE ALBUMS
Merriweather Post Pavilion by Animal Collective (my profile picture, in case anyone was wondering)
Lift Yr. Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven by Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Twin Fantasy (Mirror To Mirror) by Car Seat Headrest
In The Aeroplane Over The Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel
The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance (judge me all you want, this is still one of the best concept albums ever)
You Won't Get What You Want by Daughters
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy by Kanye West
OK Computer by Radiohead
People Who Can Eat People Are The Luckiest People In The World by AJJ
Vampire Weekend by Vampire Weekend
Nonagon Infinity by King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
iridescence by BROCKHAMPTON
Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not by Arctic Monkeys
Nevermind by Nirvana
The Money Store by Death Grips
Nothing's Shocking by Jane's Addiction
Lincoln by They Might Be Giants
Person Pitch by Panda Bear
Surfer Rosa by Pixies
Proof Of Youth by The Go! Team
Last edited by Dombot on September 19th, 2019, 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
// 1. Intimidator 305 // 2. Kumba // 3. Twisted Timbers // 4. Goliath (SFoG) // 5. Mako //

"I am a bright and colorful pinata and God is a 13 year old birthday boy whose parents have just announced their divorce"

Post September 18th, 2019, 12:11 am
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Dombot wrote:
Bumping this thread because why not. I like music! I wanna talk about it! Yeah!!

MY FAVORITE ALBUMS
Twin Fantasy (Mirror To Mirror) by Car Seat Headrest
In The Aeroplane Over The Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel
OK Computer by Radiohead
Vampire Weekend by Vampire Weekend
Nonagon Infinity by King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not by Arctic Monkeys

You've got quite a good collection here! I love a lot of these albums (I've quoted them above). Twin Fantasy was one of my favorite albums last year and still is one I come back to quite often. Beach Life-in-Death is one of my favorite songs of all time. ITAOTS is a classic and I adore all 3 parts of King of Carrot Flowers. I also really love Radiohead, but it's hard to choose between Ok Computer, In Rainbows, and Kid A for my favorite album of theirs. I also really love the Bends. King Gizzard is also a great band. Haven't gotten around to listening to their latest record yet, but Nonagon, Microtonal, and Fishing were all great! Wasn't the biggest fan of Arctic Monkeys' latest record, but their old stuff and AM are great rock records.

I try to listen to a wide variety of music, but I am most definitely an indie/alt/folk rock kinda guy.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post September 18th, 2019, 6:38 am

Points on hand: 1,111.00 Points
^ Hoo boy, I have to break this down now. Pardon my nerdiness. :P
Paradox wrote:
Twin Fantasy was one of my favorite albums last year and still is one I come back to quite often. Beach Life-in-Death is one of my favorite songs of all time.

Have you listened to the original version before? The 2018 remaster is great, but to me there's just something about the messy DIY aesthetic of the Bandcamp release that punches you in the gut with emotion. It's hard to explain, but once you get it, it'll slap you in the face and you will feel sad. Beach Life-In-Death is a huge highlight for me as well, so good.
Paradox wrote:
ITAOTS is a classic and I adore all 3 parts of King of Carrot Flowers.

ITAOTS was the album that got me into music. It was also the first album I ever bought on vinyl.
Paradox wrote:
I also really love Radiohead, but it's hard to choose between Ok Computer, In Rainbows, and Kid A for my favorite album of theirs. I also really love the Bends.

I'm admittedly not a huge fan of Radiohead. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they're a bad band, but aside from OKC, nothing really stands out to me. Kid A has never been my cup of tea, but I can definitely see why people enjoy it. Idioteque is fun, and The National Anthem is pretty cool, but other than that, I'm just not the biggest fan. Same with The Bends- I can understand the appeal, but for me it's just not my thing. I do really enjoy Thom Yorke's solo stuff, though- Anima is one of my favorite records of the year so far.
Paradox wrote:
. King Gizzard is also a great band. Haven't gotten around to listening to their latest record yet, but Nonagon, Microtonal, and Fishing were all great!

King Gizz is incredible. I got to see them live a few weeks back and it was genuinely one of the craziest experiences of my life. The setlist was perfect, nothing but bangers the whole way through. Insanity. Also, listen to Infest The Rat's Nest. It's wild.
Paradox wrote:
Wasn't the biggest fan of Arctic Monkeys' latest record, but their old stuff and AM are great rock records.

Can't say I blame you on not liking Tranquility Base as much. It's a cool concept, but it's definitely their weakest album.
// 1. Intimidator 305 // 2. Kumba // 3. Twisted Timbers // 4. Goliath (SFoG) // 5. Mako //

"I am a bright and colorful pinata and God is a 13 year old birthday boy whose parents have just announced their divorce"

Post September 18th, 2019, 12:43 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Have you listened to the original version before? The 2018 remaster is great, but to me there's just something about the messy DIY aesthetic of the Bandcamp release that punches you in the gut with emotion. It's hard to explain, but once you get it, it'll slap you in the face and you will feel sad. Beach Life-In-Death is a huge highlight for me as well, so good.

I have listened to the older version, but I much prefer the newer one. I can see how people love the messy lo-fi production but I like the more polished record.

I'm admittedly not a huge fan of Radiohead. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they're a bad band, but aside from OKC, nothing really stands out to me. Kid A has never been my cup of tea, but I can definitely see why people enjoy it. Idioteque is fun, and The National Anthem is pretty cool, but other than that, I'm just not the biggest fan. Same with The Bends- I can understand the appeal, but for me it's just not my thing. I do really enjoy Thom Yorke's solo stuff, though- Anima is one of my favorite records of the year so far.

The first time I listened to Kid A I absolutely hated it. I decided to give it another chance and ended up loving it for some reason, which was a very strange experience.

ITAOTS was the album that got me into music. It was also the first album I ever bought on vinyl.

The album that got me into music was Strange Trails by Lord Huron which still remains my favorite album ever for that reason.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Return to Off Topic Discussion