Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Tayto Park incident

Tayto Park incident

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post October 23rd, 2016, 9:02 am

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,183.00 Points

Post October 23rd, 2016, 9:31 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I'll assume Ireland has actual regulations and isn't a libertarian cesspool while writing this.

I'm going to bet they allowed a capacity law to be broken (inadvertently via a dumb employee that doesn't know how to use a clicker or willingly for $$$), which overloaded the stairs. At least it wasn't a fire, those are when things get really ugly.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post October 23rd, 2016, 11:01 am
Xenon User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 375.00 Points
Bank: 431.00 Points
At least it wasn't a fire, those are when things get really ugly.

Yeah. I don't really want 1984 happening all over again.

If you're completely oblivious to what happened back in 1984, Six Flags Great Adventure's Haunted Castle attraction burned to the ground. Seven teens died in the incident, trapped by fire and smoke. Their bodies were found in a corner of the haunted castle, where there were no exits to be seen, and some of their faces were pressed against the air vent. In fact, their bodies were so badly burned that they all had to be identified by their dental records.

After the investigation, authorities found out that there were no smoke detectors, sprinklers, and not enough exits in the haunted castle, hence why the teens were trapped. However, Six Flags got away with it since it was considered a "temporary attraction" and was supposed to be replaced next season with a higher-quality permanent haunted attraction. Well, obviously, this was cancelled.

Today, everyone forgets about this, but whenever I go to SFGAdv, I imagine the area to the right of the main gate, where a haunted house once stood, but then going up into flames and thick, black smoke because of one simple thing: A cigarette lighter. :|
hyyyper wrote:
Turbo wrote:
WCD-Ltd wrote:
Some of the complaining people lived up to 200 Km away
That's a joke right? What complaint could they have possibly given?

They should only be allowed to complain about the coaster being built too far away from them.

Post October 31st, 2016, 12:13 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ I've seen that "hair-raising" accident in the archives. :sad:
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!