Board index Roller Coaster Games Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3 [PC] Roller Coaster Tycoon World revealed, EARLY 2016!

[PC] Roller Coaster Tycoon World revealed, EARLY 2016!

Discuss anything related to the Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 and 3.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Well there was an update this morning on the release date (11/16/16) with no information concerning what it actually is. I haven't played the game in several months, so I'll give it another whirl today and see if it ended up stunningly average or if it's an inherently broken product like the SimCity travesty.

EDIT: There is a new main menu. It kind of reminds me of Windows 8 in appearance. The rides and people move and mill about in the background.

I'll be sporadically updating this throughout the day. Every time I add an update, I'll use a line of dashes.

-------------------------------

There are "lands" that have several "missions" within them (scenarios), and from what I can tell completing each one unlocks something. There is a story where you are or are working with or for a female CEO with white hair and the body of an attractive 22 year old woman. Introductory tutorial was totally revamped. As far as video game standards go, they managed to make it effective and not condescending like many tutorials are. The tutorial is split over several missions, which is a clever way to divide it up and hide categories. Much better than "cleaning your park tutorial" or "getting started".

*Why can't I paint the goddamned flat rides still?

--------------------------------

* STALLS ATTACH TO THE SIDES OF PATHS! Their inability to do that earlier pissed me off so much earlier.
* Souvenir shops allow you to select a target audience (kids, teens, adults)
* "Influencers" now appear in scenarios. They're like the VIP's from RCT3. The one I got is a corporate wet dream, as he "really wanted to buy a cool souvenir". One teddy bear stand later and he's storming the internets and the twitters saying I'm cool as poop.
* "Heat Maps" remind me a ton of this game that starts with a "P" and rhymes with "Architect"

---------------------------------

* Paths and lamps are still a bit finicky. While paths actually connect to each other much easier than they used to, they intersect the terrain uniquely. Currently I'm in the "learn to fudge the land" tutorial level. I accidentally placed a hovering lamppost on the left. It's a good feature to place things a bit off the path, however it needs to recognize "air".
* I also noticed here the camera tends to stay a set distance more or less off of the terrain, sometimes it zooms oddly while scrolling around.
*Modifying the terrain leaves trees and rocks floating in mid air. If you don't notice this at first, it leads to some interesting "why is this creating a collision?" like events
Last edited by Coasterkidmwm on November 16th, 2016, 12:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Now that my computer is operational I may do another breakdown of this game soon. I will at some point, but very soon.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

True Addicts
True Addicts

I'll be back on later with more updates on how things are going, and later tonight probably some alcoholism.

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

you and I should get on a Skype or discord call and livestream our reactions.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

True Addicts
True Addicts

Found a bug:

People refused to use my restrooms unless I charged a quarter for them (minimum). No explanation for that one lol.

Reviewing more later tonight. So far the tutorials have been:
1. Move around, build paths, and click stuff
2. Staff
3. Terraforming/scenery
4. Manage and build a park, flatrides only so far

True Addicts
True Addicts

What in hell numerical organization is this? This is why nobody respects artists.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Pahahaha. Good to see you giving the game a chance though!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

True Addicts
True Addicts

It's not a bad product, it's just stunningly average. I guess it's the Nissan Sentra of games. Aside from bits like not being allowed to color rides, and the swinging ship taking up so much goddamned room at this point i think it gets much more hate than it deserves. It was thrown into alpha way earlier than it should have been and it's fairly obvious Planet Coaster spooked them.

The game functions and the worst part about it is that the coasters look goofy, but they did allow you to do whatever you want with them. If this was released to compete with say SimCity 5's awful product, it would have wiped the floor with SimCity 5.

I cannot repeat enough that it most definitely succeeds as a functional product and doesn't deserve the hate it gets, however it's too restrictive in the flat rides department and has goofy looking coasters. You also have to remember that enthusiasts are not the target audience. There are multiple people on steam who are casual players that prefer RCTW. It's not a majority, but they're out there.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
My question is, are they offering enjoyable scenarios compared to RCT3? :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 3,557.00 Points
They might have other issues, but the only noticeable issue I have is the way the supports look.

It's like they made them ugly on purpose so the modders can mod.

Unrealistic Coasters wrote:
It's like they made them ugly on purpose so the modders can mod.

RCT3 effects, still, yeah... ;)

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
Would you say its worth buying while its on $20? Or is it so bad its not even worth that?
What are these for?

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points
CKidd wrote:
Would you say its worth buying while its on $20? Or is it so bad its not even worth that?

The game makes me angry, I wouldn't play it if it was free. Just my opinion.
Taron>Helix get mad

True Addicts
True Addicts

CKidd wrote:

If you make over 100K a year yes, otherwise no

Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

I make over $100K a year and I would not spend $20 on this game or even bother pirating it.

gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
It's not a bad product, it's just stunningly average. I guess it's the Nissan Sentra of games.

:lol: this proper creased me

Any funny news? We kind of want to let player's minor complaints slide! :lol:

Points on hand: 67.00 Points

Previous

Return to Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3