Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 NL2 vs Planet Coasters

NL2 vs Planet Coasters

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post August 21st, 2016, 12:16 pm

Points on hand: 114.00 Points

Post August 21st, 2016, 12:24 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
No.

One is a simulator.

One is a video game.

They'll sit next to each other quite happily.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post August 21st, 2016, 1:10 pm
SNJ

Points on hand: 668.00 Points
mkingy wrote:
No.

One is a simulator.

One is a video game.

They'll sit next to each other quite happily.

Agreed. I see myself playing both regularly. I just had a long session playing PC and now I am back to NL 2. They bring different things to the table.

Post August 22nd, 2016, 8:28 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Love his beautiful lines, too, which impress people! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post September 19th, 2016, 12:05 pm

Points on hand: 3,557.00 Points
Though Nolimits 2 is considered a simulator, I'm sure people would love to see people in the seats as opposed to having empty seats. Really, the only thing making Planet Coaster a game are the goals it sets for users. Goals like "keep guest happy and make money" are really the only things making it a "game." Take those things out, it's pretty much a cartoon version of NL2. I don't know if you can recreate roller coasters in Planet Coasters and have it be everywhere the real coaster is in a side by side video.

Post September 19th, 2016, 7:27 pm

Points on hand: 1,598.00 Points
From what I've used of planet coaster, the flexibility of the coaster editor is fantastic, and not too hard to learn. My only complaint is how difficult it can be to make custom inversions, and lack of wooden coasters, but they'll update it with more features. It's miles ahead of RCTW and will probably sell incredibly well. I've seen some very awesome creations and some recreations that are pretty spot on.
A man has needs and that needs is booze.

Post September 20th, 2016, 12:57 am

Mkingy is the winner here! His poem is still epic! :)

Post December 1st, 2016, 11:15 am

Points on hand: 667.00 Points
Unrealistic Coasters wrote:
Though Nolimits 2 is considered a simulator, I'm sure people would love to see people in the seats as opposed to having empty seats. Really, the only thing making Planet Coaster a game are the goals it sets for users. Goals like "keep guest happy and make money" are really the only things making it a "game." Take those things out, it's pretty much a cartoon version of NL2. I don't know if you can recreate roller coasters in Planet Coasters and have it be everywhere the real coaster is in a side by side video.

Planet coaster's editor is not near NL2's level. Planet coaster was created only for entertainment purposes and not for use by companies or marketers, and is also not identified as a simulator (And if you were to consider Planet coaster a program for coaster creation, it would lose... badly)

Post December 1st, 2016, 11:22 am

^ Thanks for sharing! It's great to hear pros and cons for Planet Coasters. :)

Post December 1st, 2016, 11:57 am
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Both are fantastic with their own qualities though I am enticed by PC right now.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post December 1st, 2016, 9:29 pm

Inn0version wrote:

Planet coaster's editor is not near NL2's level. Planet coaster was created only for entertainment purposes and not for use by companies or marketers, and is also not identified as a simulator (And if you were to consider Planet coaster a program for coaster creation, it would lose... badly)

I thought this was a great recreation of twisted colossus. And Planet coaster is a roller coaster sim. It's just a gaming simulator as opposed to a more in depth simulator in NL2. Just like "NBA 2K17" is a basketball simulator.

Post December 1st, 2016, 9:49 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
If you want to make a cool badass ride NL2 rapes Planet Coaster. Planet Coaster is a themepark business game, whereas NL2 is a SIMULATOR. Until real companies start using Planet Coaster to advertise a product....no.

Also keep in mind the support spacing is data taken from Gravity Group directly according to Ole.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post December 1st, 2016, 10:00 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
PC's coaster editor is also really bad in some aspects such as banking.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post December 2nd, 2016, 5:21 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I thought this was a great recreation of twisted colossus. And Planet coaster is a roller coaster sim. It's just a gaming simulator as opposed to a more in depth simulator in NL2. Just like "NBA 2K17" is a basketball simulator.

I agree with CK/Paradox on this - the accuracy levels on Planet Coaster are just not high enough - and this isn't limited to the track editor. Friction levels seem off, G-Forces aren't calculated accurately and there's a lack of technical features (such as stations without friction wheels) to really push the envelope as a simulator.

That's not to say you can 't create realistic & cool stuff in Planet Coaster - just that it is a game, and not a simulator. NBA/Madden are not simulator - they lack the depth to simulate the things they represent to a greater degree of accuracy.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post December 2nd, 2016, 5:43 am

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
meh... I wasn't "awed" enough by PC to bother downloading steam. I'm not a pc gamer at all, and too me Steam is an irritating fad that gets too much credit and clout. All it really does is add middle men to online games that should be sold directly from the developers.

While I get that many games need Steam for distribution, since I will never use/download/buy/play any of them, getting Steam and all that more annoying than I care to deal with. Tried it for Simcity and my pc hates it so scrapped it.

Also my pc is basically geriatric at this point, and neither RTW or PC have shown anything that would excite me enough to deal with setting them up and coming out of pocket.

Post December 2nd, 2016, 10:00 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
LuckyK wrote:
meh... I wasn't "awed" enough by PC to bother downloading steam. I'm not a pc gamer at all, and too me Steam is an irritating fad that gets too much credit and clout. All it really does is add middle men to online games that should be sold directly from the developers.

Life is better when you don't need to install Half-Life 2 from 6 CDROMs (or the even older products that had 30 floppy discs), or discover you can't install Grand Theft Auto because you don't have a DVDROM drive in your PC. Steam eliminates that.

LuckyK wrote:
While I get that many games need Steam for distribution, since I will never use/download/buy/play any of them, getting Steam and all that more annoying than I care to deal with. Tried it for Simcity and my pc hates it so scrapped it.

Also my pc is basically geriatric at this point, and neither RTW or PC have shown anything that would excite me enough to deal with setting them up and coming out of pocket.

Simcity and RCTW are basically competing for which can be more of a total shitpile at this point.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post December 2nd, 2016, 10:49 am

mkingy wrote:

I agree with CK/Paradox on this - the accuracy levels on Planet Coaster are just not high enough - and this isn't limited to the track editor. Friction levels seem off, G-Forces aren't calculated accurately and there's a lack of technical features (such as stations without friction wheels) to really push the envelope as a simulator.

That's not to say you can 't create realistic & cool stuff in Planet Coaster - just that it is a game, and not a simulator. NBA/Madden are not simulator - they lack the depth to simulate the things they represent to a greater degree of accuracy.

On the back of the Planet Coaster's cover, it says "Planet Coaster is the future of coaster park simulation games." As I've said, it's just a gaming simulator. I've covered the differences. If they've taken everything that makes planet coaster what it is out except coaster creation, they would indeed focus more on the editor. No limits 2 is more in depth with its realism. Its focus are only roller coasters, which means there's lest to make realistic, which means they can make it as realistic as possible.

I really will leave this alone now since you believe Madden or NBA 2K aren't sports simulators. They simulate all the rules and regulations. Everything from how the players move to how the ball (or puck) responses is simulated with great accuracy. The gaming simulators even map real life players' movements, like a player's shot form or real player's tendencies. This tells me that you guys really only understand one meaning of the word simulator.

Post December 2nd, 2016, 11:21 am
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Simcity and RCTW are basically competing for which can be more of a total shitpile at this point.

I... ummmm... yeah...
:soz:

Steam makes things easy for most people and accessible. I still have my CD's for Sim City 4 as an example. that's plural. for one game. Steam is fantastic for a lot of things and has been around for more than 12 years now and is only stronger for what they do for developers (collaborating for sales, opening steam greenlight, etc.) and for the community (strong forum, ease of use, etc.). Honestly I have yet to find another client like it to be even remotely close to as good and I desperately want one for movies lol.

As far as which is better both have their own qualities. I'm going to thoroughly enjoy my time with both and even share my builds and look for suggestions in my topics. Here is the one I made for Planet Coaster
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post December 2nd, 2016, 7:00 pm
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
Hard for me to choose which one is better since I use these games for different purposes. Planet Coaster I use to design and manage parks and build semi-realistic coasters with relative ease. NL2 I mainly use to ride and explore other people's creations since I can't design a coaster in that simulator to save my life. I guess I'll go with NL2 since I use it a bit more than PC.

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2