Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Universal Partners with Nintendo in 2015!

Universal Partners with Nintendo in 2015!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Just after yesterday's Kong announcement for Islands of Adventure, today Universal Parks & Resorts has walloped us with another big announcement: a new partnership with Nintendo.

The announcement reads like things are in the very early stages of development, and almost no firm details were revealed. However, we did learn that the "world of Nintendo" will be brought to life at the Universal theme parks, both in Japan and in the U.S. The partnership will result in "spectacular, dedicated experiences based on Nintendo's wildly popular games, characters and worlds." The press release specifically mentions that "major attractions" are a part of the plan.

Nintendo hasn't had much theme park presence to date, though many fans of the well known interactive entertainment company have been craving one. This new partnership will "represent a significant partnership for Nintendo as it expands the reach and popularity of its characters and intellectual property."

"Nintendo has created remarkable and imaginative worlds filled with captivating stories and beloved characters. Now, for the first time, those stories and characters will be brought to life in entirely new ways ??? only at Universal theme parks."

Nintendo's line of characters include Mario and his friends, Zelda, Pokemon, Donkey Kong and Metroid. How we will see the characters included in the parks is of a lot of debate currently, and I think we will have to wait some time until we see another announcement for the North America parks. However, Universal Studios Florida's children's area is badly in need of a makeover!
credit newsplusnotes
Attachments
Nintendo Characters2.jpg
Nintendo Characters2.jpg (39.79 KiB) Viewed 3114 times
Universal & Nintendo.jpg
Universal & Nintendo.jpg (13.44 KiB) Viewed 3114 times

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
If there is not a mario themed go kart track then they don't know what they're doing XD

In all seriousness this is a good partnership and I look forward to seeing it develop
What are these for?

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I wish to see Donkey Kong Country themed area! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I wish to see a mushroom psychedelic ride like the Winnie the Pooh one at Disneyland. :)
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Oscar wrote:
I wish to see a mushroom psychedelic ride like the Winnie the Pooh one at Disneyland. :)

That would be fun...... :lol:

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
There needs to be either Bowser's castle haunted Dark Ride with the original Mario Bros Castle theme song playing or a Luigi's Mansion Sallycorp shooter. A mushroom themed jump tower would be cute too. Ooo, how about Metroid themed laser tag

Post November 29th, 2016, 9:28 am

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points
We finally got a sign of life for this project! Nintendo land will be coming to Orlando, Hollywood and Japan! I wonder how they make space for it at Hollywood because that park is crammed.
Taron>Helix get mad

Post November 30th, 2016, 7:42 am

Fun-game-tastic, I think! Props to their decision! :D

Post December 3rd, 2016, 11:26 am

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Can't wait! Hopefully this will include a new coaster.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post December 11th, 2016, 5:17 am

Recently Universal got some new patents which could give us a hint on upcoming Nintendo rides.
First, this one is called 'Drift racers'. Most likely for a Mario kart simulator ride where the person in front can control the vehicle en the person in the back can shoot items.
Just like in the Gamecube game: Double Dash
The second one is called 'Boom coaster'. Fans think this may be for a Donkey Kong minecart rollercoaster, in these levels you had to jump from track to track.
And this is how jumping from track to track would be simulated.
Just like in the games!
Other patents were for the Water parks and for what looks to be an Iron man ride:
Remember, these are just patents and could all mean nothing in the end!
Taron>Helix get mad

Post December 11th, 2016, 7:45 am

This "classic" one comes to mind! :!:

Post December 11th, 2016, 8:17 am

^awesome, wish I played that back in the day
Taron>Helix get mad

Post December 11th, 2016, 12:43 pm

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Ok those first 2 are literally sex, but what the hell is going on with the last one.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post December 11th, 2016, 3:11 pm
flaky

Points on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
It would be awesome if in Drift Racers the carts spin out of control when they hit a banana peel

Post December 12th, 2016, 12:17 pm

We have a name and first concept art!
Taron>Helix get mad

Post December 12th, 2016, 12:26 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

welp I'm willing to go when it opens. Anyone else down?
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post December 13th, 2016, 8:01 am

Koopa's Castle (The attractive hideout!) may tower over the Hogwatts' tallest building! :lol:

Post December 17th, 2016, 10:05 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Quite awesome to see it's going to be built in Japan. Plenty of reasons for me to return!

lol240 wrote:
This "classic" one comes to mind! :!:

Hehe, that was my favorite level when playing that game. :lol:
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post December 20th, 2016, 7:34 am

^ I couldn't even get a "G" panel! Way too hard! :lol:

I am "MARIO IS THE WORLD STAR... NOW!" shouting! :D

Post January 14th, 2020, 6:45 am

Points on hand: 1,111.00 Points
Nintendo posted a new music video/trailer for Super Nintendo World in Japan, along with some new details:

Imagine an immersive and innovative universe of Nintendo brought to life.

Get ready to enjoy SUPER NINTENDO WORLD??? featuring the Nintendo experiences you know and love in a way you never thought possible.

The land???s interactive environments will seamlessly connect using state-of-the-art technology to create an innovative and immersive theme park experience for countless opportunities to discover the excitement of your favorite games.

SUPER NINTENDO WORLD??????s ultra-immersive Mario Kart puts you in the driver???s seat.

Explore the area on the back of a Yoshi on this family-friendly adventure.

Take it to the next level with a Power Up Band* where you can keep score and stay connected while discovering a multi-level game area filled with one-of-a-kind challenges!

As you explore, you???ll discover punchable ? Blocks and many other iconic elements from your favorite Nintendo games.

Explore, Discover and Play.

Stay tuned for more details!

*Power Up Band will be available for purchase

Minus the whole "available for purchase" detail, this sounds really ambitious and I'm really excited to see the final product of both the Power Band and the land as a whole. This project has really flown under the radar for me, and it really shouldn't have. I'm hyped!
Last edited by Dombot on January 15th, 2020, 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
// 1. Intimidator 305 // 2. Kumba // 3. Twisted Timbers // 4. Goliath (SFoG) // 5. Mako //

"I am a bright and colorful pinata and God is a 13 year old birthday boy whose parents have just announced their divorce"

Post January 14th, 2020, 8:26 am
Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points
If you want to see what the land currently looks like right now, here you go:

I'm also going this piece of concept art for what the finished land will look like:

...and finally, there's this video which goes into detail about the lands marque attraction, the Mario Kart experience (Warning: Potential Spoilers ahead):

That show be all you need to know about this land.

Sources:

https://twitter.com/9656sola/status/1210055036979466241

https://twitter.com/LCASTUDIOS_USJ/stat ... 2909318145

https://twitter.com/LCASTUDIOS_USJ/stat ... 6835955712

https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/00000 ... 05761.html

Post January 24th, 2020, 7:15 am

Points on hand: 1,111.00 Points
Super Nintendo World has been confirmed to be a part of the new Epic Universe park in Orlando.

https://www.wesh.com/article/super-nintendo-world-will-be-at-new-universal-park-epic-universe/30642731

ORLANDO, Fla. ???
Comcast executives confirmed Thursday that Super Nintendo World will be coming to Universal Orlando's new theme park, Epic Universe.

Though it won't open until 2023, there will be lots of construction activity next year at the future Epic Universe location. It's being built just north of the Orange County Convention Center and the initial concept art depicted four immersive themed lands.

Super Nintendo World had long been rumored to be a land coming to Epic Universe. The confirmation came during a Comcast Q4 earnings call Thursday.

When answering a question during the call, a Comcast executive said Super Nintendo Land will be part of the "fourth-gate" in Florida.

Universal is slated to open the first Super Nintendo Land this year in Japan.

During the call Thursday, Comcast executives talked about its potential to draw big crowds.

"I think the next big thing on the horizon is Nintendo. Nintendo, based on our research is one of the biggest potential drivers of attendance that you could have of any kind of I. P. It's up there with Harry Potter," an executive said.
// 1. Intimidator 305 // 2. Kumba // 3. Twisted Timbers // 4. Goliath (SFoG) // 5. Mako //

"I am a bright and colorful pinata and God is a 13 year old birthday boy whose parents have just announced their divorce"

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!