Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Mythal - GCI Woodie [WIP]

Mythal - GCI Woodie [WIP]

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post September 19th, 2016, 7:49 pm

Points on hand: 1,598.00 Points
Hey guys! For my very first attempt at a coaster in NoLimits 2, I'm going to be working on a GCI Woodie. Curretly have the lift hill and have some shaping done with the first drop. The transition to NL2 from one has been a bit rocky since I had to learn how the system works, but I seem to have a general idea of how it works. Right now I'm looking for any tips and advice you can give so I can learn how to make better rides. I'm hand building the track and supports. As for scenery and scripting I will forgo that until I've learned how to properly shape the track into the elements I want.

Doing a double down and banked turn before the lift hill. Going to do terrain editing after I finish track shaping. Station looks a bit high because of this.

Pre-Lift.jpg

Here's a shot of the first drop and lift hill. Probably going to make it cross over or underneath the lift hill and give it a partial out and back layout but mostly twister elements with moments of airtime.

Lift Hill And Drop.jpg

Please share you're thoughts! You're insight will be much appreciated! :)
A man has needs and that needs is booze.

Post September 20th, 2016, 1:07 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Banking looks a bit high on that prelift turnaround - remember laterals are super important on a woodie!

Drop looks reasonable though - it should probably be a bit steeper if you were going for a Troy @ Toverland style drop.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post September 20th, 2016, 3:38 pm

I'm doing the shaping first and banking later, it'll have some decent lats. :) Also the double down out of the station has a slight S curve going on.

Post September 21st, 2016, 8:52 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Make the crest of the lift bigger. GCI isn't exactly known for ejector in the backseat. If you're going to twiddle with banking later the rest looks fine.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 21st, 2016, 4:04 pm

Here's an update! Got a good amount of work done. Finished the drop and added a few elements. I added a double down after the drop that goes over the lift hill and then goes into a high bank turn into an airtime hill.

I rounded the crest of the lift hill.

First Hill and Drop Updated.jpg

Here's the double down. Clearance looks good but I'll have to test it to see if it clears.

Double Down.jpg

The banked turn. The banking is taking system is taking some getting used to.

Banked Turn.jpg

Here's the airtime hill. I know GCI doesn't do these often but I felt it would be sort of appropriate for the layout I'm going for.

Airtime Hill.jpg

I also added a transfer track and final brake run.

Transfer and Final Brakes.jpg

Post September 24th, 2016, 8:00 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
As for the elements, you can be creative, too! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post September 24th, 2016, 9:19 am

Im trying to be creative lol. Im brand new to NL 2 so its mostly figuring out how the track building system works.

Post October 1st, 2016, 5:02 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
How's your trackwork going these days? :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post December 22nd, 2016, 5:28 pm

After practicing my No Limits skills I decided to make a whole park out of this. First addition is a WIP Mack Multi-Launch that I'm sort of winging it at the moment. My track work is still iffy and it can be frustrating at times but I feel like I'm improving enough to start releasing projects.

Mack Multi 1.jpg

mack Multi 2.jpg

Not sure on the pictures, I couldn't get good ones.

Return to Hard Hat Area