Board index Roller Coaster Games Planet Coaster Turbo's Planet Coaster World

Turbo's Planet Coaster World

Planet Coaster is the future of coaster park simulation games. It is created by Frontier Developments plc

Post December 1st, 2016, 11:57 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Sup. Sharing pictures of projects and other things.

We all have to start somewhere and I already feel like my skill level is straight up n00b in Planet Coaster. I really want to change that. To build up my skill level with the scenery editor and the various objects available I made some buildings. To build up my coaster building skills I made some random rides. Yay sandbox!

Let's see what I can do with this game...

First up we have some legacy items that I will be releasing in a pack on CC shortly, they are already on Steam Workshop.

For the record I do plan on making the first level from RCT1 in this game. I can't wait to see how it turns out and I am already preparing some nostalgia ridden things for the park. I just wish there was a scenario editor like in RCT3. I could really have some fun with that.

Next up is the wooden coaster we all remember. I made some tweaks and hill changes so it's a slightly different ride however it is still a fantastic layout. Meet Splinter!

I also had a lot of fun making the ride entrance buildings:

Let me know what you guys think and how to improve! Hopefully my current stuff isn't too bad.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post December 2nd, 2016, 5:48 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Nice job on the shop redux scenery - they look pretty cool and I'll definitely be interested in downloading them once you're happy with them.

I know that the RCT entrances/exits have been recreated a couple of times but I think it would be worth having the complete "set" in your workshop!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post December 2nd, 2016, 11:18 am
Turbo User avatar

Maybe but mine aren't entirely bad. I saw a bunch on the workshop and found that most people slapped some brick wall under a pointy roof and called it good. I attempted the full feel and look of them. The shops I'm fine with as my goal was to make them look good while also being minimal with scenery objects. Tonight I plan on attempting the ice cream stall as well as a few others. Which would you guys like to see done?
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post December 3rd, 2016, 5:56 pm
Turbo User avatar

New park project

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post December 3rd, 2016, 10:45 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Is that the RCT2 hotdog stall lol? I think it is....
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post December 3rd, 2016, 11:21 pm
Turbo User avatar

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post December 4th, 2016, 5:16 am
Turbo User avatar

Okay so I decided to kick my park up a notch from tiny little memorabilia to a big and detailed experience. The park has been renamed Arrowhead Resort after the accidental corner mountain in the back of the park lol

Now along with laying out a bunch of paths and other trails I also built a little cave in preparation for a new kiddie roller coaster and a few new areas.

At night the cave is lit up like it's on fire but I forgot to take a night pic of it. too lazy lol

Now for the big addition for today. I made a lodge specifically designated for the park to use. I plan to make a few bits of the surrounding area a tiny town before getting into the parts of the park with rides and other things. Meet Arrowhead Lodge!

As you can see bits of the building are themed with an Alpine look and certain parts that enter the building for restrooms and first aid. The main idea was just having ANY entrance into the building but also cutting down on detail cheaply so it didn't effect the performance of the park much. Worked out pretty well actually.

This might be my favorite part actually. NIGHT SHOTS!

And this was kinda fun. To make the building feel more alive I used the different in game lights to mimic TV glare, romantic candles for the top suites and lights being on in the other rooms. all I had to do was hide the light objects behind the railings and enjoy the blue/yellow/candle glow that really makes the entire building feel "alive!"

As usual please let me know how I'm doing, give me tips or tell me what I can do better! Thank you guys!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post December 4th, 2016, 8:55 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

Looks cute, I'd say I think it needs trees, but you're ware of that and would like to see things at this point lol.

Post December 4th, 2016, 3:57 pm
Turbo User avatar

haha trees are coming, I'm just trying to plan out the park and do as much terraforming as I can before actually committing to getting all of the surrounding scenery started. Here's a waterfall I made for the back of the park. I plan to have a log flume exit somewhere in there as well as have the mine train peek through as well. Also found a bug that crashes the game in the process lol yay!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post December 7th, 2016, 9:46 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Yay it'd be so much fun to create non-amusement park objects as well! Like some of us might be able to replicate the city around Tivoli Gardens.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post December 7th, 2016, 10:05 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post December 7th, 2016, 11:17 am
Turbo User avatar

Thank you :) I might livestream my next build for the main first town area then upload a timelapse of it when I'm done, would anyone be interested on either?

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post December 7th, 2016, 11:25 am

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,198.00 Points
Turbo wrote:
Thank you :) I might livestream my next build for the main first town area then upload a timelapse of it when I'm done, would anyone be interested on either?

yeah, I'll watch the timelapse!

Post December 10th, 2016, 3:28 pm
Turbo User avatar

Hey guys! First tutorial and intro to Arrowhead Resort! This tutorial deals with the very basics of building.

SIDE NOTE! If anyone knows how to properly tune a condenser mic please pm me, I seem to be having trouble getting it to work with my audio interface software.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post December 10th, 2016, 10:11 pm
Turbo User avatar

Just recorded a timelapse, it will be released tomorrow. Here are some pics of the result: Pine Lodge!

The car ride that it is the queue of is meant to traverse through the town and into the wilderness then back again. It finalizes by going under the lodge then turning around.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post December 11th, 2016, 8:44 pm
Turbo User avatar

shameless triple post. This will be the last one in this string I promise lol. This is my first timelapse and I have a few more that will be released as well. Let me know what you guys think I should be working on next!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post December 29th, 2016, 3:44 am

^ Did you add Christmas things to these buildings? :D

Post December 29th, 2016, 9:26 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

I'm still having trouble figuring out the scenery in this game. One day I'll make my massive SFMM/CP like hybrid lol.

Nice to see someone else struggling with how to line up the scenery and I know I'm not alone.

Post December 30th, 2016, 7:59 am

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
One day I'll make my massive SFMM/CP like hybrid lol.

That sounds so great! (Fingers crossed!) :D

Return to Planet Coaster