Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Pandora: The World of AVATAR coming to WDW Animal Kingdom!

Pandora: The World of AVATAR coming to WDW Animal Kingdom!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Builders working on Disney's soon-to-come Avatar-themed land have filed mysterious paperwork involving the project.

NEW DETAILS RELEASED ON 'THE LAND OF AVATAR'

The new Avatar-inspired "Pandora" land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom will have floating mountains, several rides and animatronics like we've never seen at a Disney park, according to Avatar director, James Cameron.

Insiders said workers filed a "notice of commencement" under the code name "morpho." They said it is Disney's way of keeping project details a secret.

Ground was broken a year ago for the new Avatar attraction in Animal Kingdom.

Disney released the project's first renderings in October, which include a 3-D ride through the land of Pandora.

"This is going to be an attraction kind of like Soarin at Epcot or like the Simpson's ride at Universal where you have multiple levels of ride units in front of big IMAX-style screen," said Rober Niles, with Theme Park Insider.

The new attraction is expected to open in 2017.

Credit to OrlandoEcho

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
I feel like theres to much avatar and they could do better franchises than avatar

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
deere839 wrote:
I feel like theres to much avatar and they could do better franchises than avatar

While I agree about Avatar sucking, and it really is a terrible movie. Disney would be much better off not having it in the park. But, I haven't seen anything at all relating to Avatar, recently.
Diamondback is Diamonbae.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Rickrollercoaster wrote:
deere839 wrote:

While I agree about Avatar sucking, and it really is a terrible movie. Disney would be much better off not having it in the park. But, I haven't seen anything at all relating to Avatar, recently.

Same.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I wonder if the entire land will be a clone of a different land but with blue people like the movies.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Update on this.

Screen shot 2015-02-27 at 7.57.49 PM.png

Another small Avatar Land reveal has taken place, once more on the Disney Parks Blog. The new Animal Kingdom development is under heavy vertical construction at this point, so I suppose it makes sense to give fans some more information on the project.

The above concept art is a bit of a puzzle when you first look at it, what helps is to take notice of the little blue people on the ground, which gives us some scale. So with that help we can gather that these are the huge floating mountains we've heard about, which will tower over the area (and apparently support themselves using some faux vines). As for what exactly the background structures are is unclear, though I think the focus of this piece of art is the flower and plants that will be found in Avatar Land.

Disney also released this video, which shows some of the amazing plants that Imagineers have created for Pandora... the bioluminescent flowers are beautiful. Not to mention the floor that glows as guests will walk over it! If one of the goals of the Avatar project is to keep guests in the park longer this will be a home run - everyone will pack the area once the sun goes down to see this stuff!
credit newsplusnotes

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
I really want to see some of those bird things flying around as drones.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

More information from, D23 on this...

AK Avatar Ride.jpg

Under construction for some time now, we finally have an official name for the new land at Animal Kingdom, Pandora: The World of AVATAR. Other details, such as the name of the area's e-ticket ride, called AVATAR Flight of Passage, were also revealed. Disney brought a giant model of the new area as well, showing off an incredibly details and dense land being created.

Also confirmed after being rumored for years, both Epcot and Disney California Adventure will premier Soarin' Around The World next year. The new films for the super-popular Soarin' rides will feature some of the most famous sights around the world.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
CoasterGuy2000 wrote:
I really want to see some of those bird things flying around as drones.

Yeah, I do, too! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
New behind the scenes video. Looks impressive.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

They, including the world-class movie director, are really awesome! :D

Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points

Looks pretty impressive! Animal Kingdom was one of my favorite Disney parks so I hope I can revisit soon.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,471.00 Points
Looks like they did an amazing job! I'm always impressed by how realistic the new animatronics move.

^^ Feel like in a fun botany! :D

Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

We have a POV for the new Flight of Passage attraction... in all honesty I really like it and think its perfect for WDW. I know some will disagree but just the views in the ride simulation and the queue of the attraction make it worth while.

Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
The full ride video looks seriously good. I'd love to go out to Florida and ride this. :)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

^ Please do for us! :D

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!