Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Six flags Fiesta Texas Future

Six flags Fiesta Texas Future

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post March 14th, 2017, 11:30 pm

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
Six Flags Fiesta Texas, which opened on March 14, 1992, will unveil several new events and attractions this season. But some of the more significant changes are yet to come.
Fiesta Texas President Jeffrey Siebert ??? who became familiar with plans for the San Antonio theme park long before it arose from the remains of a closed quarry 25 years ago ??? confirmed that the parent company, Six Flags Entertainment Corp., has much more in store for its Alamo City property.
???What we have planned for this year and the next few years is unprecedented for the park,??? Siebert told me during an exclusive interview. ???The past 25 years have been great, but there is no doubt that we are absolutely going to wow our guests with what we have planned for the future.???
As is typically the case in the theme park industry, Fiesta Texas officials won???t show their hand. But Siebert made it clear that Six Flags intends to use its San Antonio park to premiere new rides and technology over the next few years.
This season, Fiesta Texas visitors will see a new Mardi Gras Festival, complete with a daily parade and Cajun cuisine. Later this summer, the park will unveil Thunder Rapids, the country???s first rocket-blast water coaster. Fiesta Texas will also introduce a new night-time show called ???Celebrate,??? which will integrate new technological visuals and a more extreme fireworks display.
???In 2018, 2019, 2020 and beyond, with the rides and attractions ... you will see a pattern that we are introducing more world???s firsts and America???s firsts. You will see more technology being debuted at Fiesta Texas,??? Siebert said.
Fiesta Texas was constructed on the floor of an old limestone quarry near Interstate 10 and Loop 1604. When the park opened in 1992, it was billed as a musical show park. In 1996, the park gained the Six Flags brand and is now home to more than 50 attractions, including 10 coasters.
Siebert got an early look at plans for the San Antonio theme park when it was still in the design stage.
???Jack Rouse, which is based in Cincinnati, was one of the design firms that was working on the Fiesta Texas project. I was their first intern ever, and one of my first responsibilities was to run copies of blueprints and organize them,??? he said. "One of my projects was Fiesta Texas.???
Siebert recalls looking through those early plans and remembering how unique it was that architects had managed to incorporate the quarry backdrop into some of the rides. Now, Fiesta Texas is in the thick of an expanding development that includes retail, residential and entertainment components. It???s a destination that includes strong visitation from Mexico.
Siebert said Mexico is one of Fiesta Texas??? more important target markets, and may be a more top-of-mind concern for San Antonio businesses in light of the current political climate.
???Mexico always offers unique challenges that we try to address,??? Siebert said. ???Every market every year offers unique opportunities and challenges. So we literally look at every market to see what is the best way to get our messaging out there.???
One message Siebert especially wants to deliver is that Six Flags is far from done with its investment plans for San Antonio???s Fiesta Texas.
???I can assure you what we have in the pipeline will not disappoint,??? he said. ???The level of thrills that Six Flags is known for will continue at a faster pace than ever before.???

Source:http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2017/03/14/unprecedented-additions-planned-for-six-flags-sa.html

Post March 15th, 2017, 4:07 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
"Later this summer, the park will unveil Thunder Rapids, the country???s first rocket-blast water coaster."

Sounds like my idea of a launched water coaster from 10+ years ago is finally becoming reality. :lol:
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!