Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 Quad Run: Jungle Rescue (Chessington Tire Launch Concept)

Quad Run: Jungle Rescue (Chessington Tire Launch Concept)

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Points on hand: 1,027.00 Points
After a couple of months, me and JakeC have finished another collab project.

As usual, I did the trackwork and graphics and he did all the modelling (so basically he's the reason it looks nice :P)

The idea behind the ride is that it would theoretically fit into an empty field near Dragon's Fury in Chessington World Of Adventures. We tried our best to build it in the same way Merlin would (assuming they had a reasonably large budget).

As with most Merlin rides, there isn't much of a backstory, but the general idea is you're going around on a quad bike tracking down instances of rare species. If it were real there'd be some kind of queue video explaining that.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii6fR8Zikbg&feature=youtu.be&a

Download (Steam): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=885620468

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Looks like a Gerstlauer's Family Coaster constructed in the woods, too! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

I love the looks of this!
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Looks nice. Shame the layout doesn't match the quality of the scenery.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Turbo User avatar

What about the layout doesn't look good? It has nice spread and for the nature of the ride it looks very well done.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
The layout is underscaled compared to the real things, transitions aren't as snappy as they should be, the last part is very slow and there's barely any forces on the hills.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Turbo User avatar

ok so what if it's smaller? look at Pony Express. Not only is this a family coaster but due to the positioning of riders and the build of trains it would be really uncomfortable to have "snappy" transitions or higher forces. The last part could have been a little faster yeah but it's taken fine and is really good and fun for a family coaster.

Did you think about these things before criticizing? It kinda just seemed like you were looking for things to complain about without much thought.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Points on hand: 5,955.00 Points
Seth, I feel like you have to remember that this is supposed to be an Intamin and not a Zamperla, and the Intamin motocoasters do have snappier transitions and generally are a lot faster.
Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

Turbo User avatar

ohai Juvelen! Everything can be done via park request. Don't be so quick to assume that everything is Jet Rescue lol

EDIT FOR FURTHER POINT PROVES

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Points on hand: 5,955.00 Points
Yes, but Juvalen is a lot faster..
Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I agree with Paradox for the second half of the ride, I thought the first half was good and had some nice moments, especially the S-curves rising out from under the bridge. But parts of the second half really dragged even for a family coaster. It should be noted that the scenery work is extremely good so really the I'm not saying layout is bad, because it's not, just the scenery is top notch.

Overall it's a really decent build and the scenery brings it to life. Just the latter part of the layout could have done with some refining/slight rework.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I'll also call that coaster like... a "garden" coaster (NOT a backyard one due to the foliage!) :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2