Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 NL2 Project Thread (Elementum) - Blase Rhine

NL2 Project Thread (Elementum) - Blase Rhine

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Hey everyone, its been some time since I have actively been on here and I was recently looking around and realized I never created a project thread for my countless Nl2 projects I have never released or shown anyone. So therefore, I finally decided to make this thread to show everyone things I am working on, have worked on, work on in the future, or plan to release. So welcome to my thread!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

With all that out of the way here is a project I have constantly been coming back to and would eventually like to turn into my next project. I call it... Dyna-Mine

Dyna Mine is a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster that is themed around an abandon mine where all the workers all of a sudden vanished. Dyna Mine is heavily based on the concept images with the same name as well as Dollywood's Mystery Mine. Note: supports are prefabs and trackwork is nowhere near done! This is a heavy WIP and I am posting it as interest if I should turn it into a full project? If so let me know and I LOVE hearing ideas from you all! Also, much of this ride including everything shown below will be COMPLETELY inside a show building themed to a mine shaft or mine tunnel.

Onto the pictures:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you all and follow this thread for more from me in the future!

-Blase Rhine
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Post April 4th, 2017, 8:49 pm
XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
Posting Krikes' concepts without any due credit? God Emperor Alexander will not be pleased with you!

Anywho, the shaping looks spot on for a Gerstlauer!
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

Post April 4th, 2017, 9:57 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Haha I wasnt sure where I got the picture but I take no credit for that drawing, that is completely on the creator of which.

On the project side of things, I have moved forward with the end of the first portion and now I am beginning the lift/drop section and boy oh boy are things really shaping up!

Post April 6th, 2017, 11:39 am
Blase Rhine User avatar

Well here is a progress update on DynaMine. I have a few ideas on where I want to go with this theming wise but we will see how far and complex it can get.

Here are some concepts (obviously not mine) of theming:

On the technical side of things, the trackwork has finally been finished after several revises. There are a total of 10 inversions throughout the ride as well as a launch and a lift (both will be themed). Onto the pictures!

Please let me know what you think! Also if you have any ideas please dont hesitate to comment them below. Thanks!

-Blase Rhine

Post April 6th, 2017, 6:37 pm

Points on hand: 1,527.00 Points
I really like the concept arts, I'm looking forward to see how you will 'convert' into the ride. The layout looks really interesting as well!

Post April 6th, 2017, 7:28 pm

Points on hand: 230.00 Points

Post April 6th, 2017, 8:17 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Leedle wrote:
Jesus Krikes, give credit where credit is due

No where did I say the concept art was mine and when/if people ask I will gladly say I found it online. It is just a guideline on what I will be using in my own project.

Post April 7th, 2017, 1:38 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
How come you decided on 2-tube track for the post-lift turnaround - seems a bit on the weak side and judging by similar setups such as the Smiler it would be 3-tube track after what is essentially a 4-tube track for the lift hill?

Layout looks like a lot of fun though - hopefully you don't get too hung up on created a ton of scenery cause I'd certainly like to have a ride on this!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post April 7th, 2017, 9:13 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Your Gerstlauer reminds me a ton of Gold Rush, probably because of the colors. Layout looks neat as well. I'm questioning the use of the no-spine track as well, especially since it isn't even using the diagonals. The Eurofighters with smaller trains tend to use a TON of supports when the track is like that and it wouldn't surprise me of Gerstlauer stopped that conserve steel.

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post April 7th, 2017, 12:38 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Thanks for the input guys!
mkingy wrote:
How come you decided on 2-tube track for the post-lift turnaround - seems a bit on the weak side and judging by similar setups such as the Smiler it would be 3-tube track after what is essentially a 4-tube track for the lift hill?

Layout looks like a lot of fun though - hopefully you don't get too hung up on created a ton of scenery cause I'd certainly like to have a ride on this!

Well for right now at least, I was planning on having the 2-tube track and put wooden planks underneath so it looks like mine tracks. I MAY not do this and switch it to 3 tube and 4-tube on the lift like smiler. We will see how this goes.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Your Gerstlauer reminds me a ton of Gold Rush, probably because of the colors. Layout looks neat as well. I'm questioning the use of the no-spine track as well, especially since it isn't even using the diagonals. The Eurofighters with smaller trains tend to use a TON of supports when the track is like that and it wouldn't surprise me of Gerstlauer stopped that conserve steel.

http://www.screammachine.net/OAKW/00510103.jpg

Thanks man! Inspiration definitely came from Gold Rush's colors like you said. The layout should look even better with scenery and what not going around it. for the question about the track, check above. ;)

Post April 23rd, 2017, 10:47 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Well after a good bit of work I now think its time I give you all an update! In the time spent between posts, I brought on a good friend of mine RCW or Bryce as you may know him on the chats. He is extremely talented and is an amazing 3d modeler and track designer!

So far we have came up with a story, overall theme, and unique scripting elements provided by the one and only Josh Valez.

Onto what everyone wants to see, the pictures!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

onto the details added so far...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

So as for the theme of the coaster... we are going towards a seven dwarfs mine train approach in that we want a sort of Alpine feel rather than your average western... The story will come later as we continue working on this coaster.

The main goal is to make this as realistic as possible in every aspect... As we progress this is planned to be in Bryce and I's portfolio in the future. Please let me know what you think, questions, concerns? ask below!

Thank you all!

-Blase Rhine

mkingy User avatar

Looks really aesthetic - I like what you've shown so far!
Coaster Count - 198

Post May 11th, 2017, 5:11 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Well... since after revealing the idea for DynaMine several people became interested in the "mine" theming therefore I am putting this project on hold for a few months to let the theming idea die back down....

On another note, I have picked up another project named Elementum. Elementum is going to (hopefully) be my most realistic project to date... It has a sci fi theme and story line (more on that later)... anyways, enjoy a sneak peek of the project! :D

Let me know what you think!

Post May 12th, 2017, 6:26 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
The Gerstlauer has a fantastic lift motor and realistic bits. I'm going to assume the new ride is Intamin?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post May 15th, 2017, 6:34 am

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
^^ Mines will always be trendy. Yours is pretty decent, don't let that stop you from finishing it.
What are these for?

Post May 17th, 2017, 8:47 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
How many inversions will we see? Just curious! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post June 10th, 2017, 7:25 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Incoming Message from ACE; Institute of Element Conservations:

"Greetings patrons of the year 2034. We have important news in which we have bought the company IEC; Institute of Element Conservations, in which their intention was to provide more effective ways of producing energy from the 4 main elements, Air, Fire, Water, and Earth. Since acquiring the Institute of Element Conservations under the ACE company, we will be progressing forward in their original idea 17 years prior. We are proud to introduce the newest creation in terms of harnessing renewable energy and able to convert it into clean electricity: The EA-113 vehicle. We are not quite ready for a press release just yet but when we are we will be sure to let you know.

-Stay tuned for more details and we appreciate your support in our endeavors,
ACE

Attached Image:

MESSAGE DELETE

End broadcast

Post July 10th, 2017, 9:44 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Elementum raw pov

Please read the description for more information regarding the project and video and stay tuned for a pretty big update soon!

Post October 23rd, 2017, 9:20 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Elementum Update : 10/23/2017

After a pretty long hiatus from working on Elementum, I finally found enough time to allow me to work on it once again, and I must say, this is truly an unbelievable project. So onto the update...

*Before reading this element by familiarizing yourself with the main theme of the coaster and area that you will be transported to within this experience.

Theme: Back in 2017 a company called ACE opened up the Institute for Element Conservations or IEC for short. Due to the increase of global warming and the destruction of much of the earths non renewable energy the IEC has been working on new ways to harness the 4 main elements (earth, water, fire, and air) and be able to extract as much energy from them as they can in order to convert it to electricity.... this was a failed attempt and resulted in a huge waste of energy that spilled out of the building and into the ground, thus the plants and wildlife around the institute flourished. Now the year is 2034 and another company called THE ELEMENTUM CONSERVATIVE has re opened the institute and built EA-113 a vehicle used to go out and harness the elements once again in turn providing clean energy for the area around it.

Courtyard/Plaza area

Entrance Sign

*Please note this is not the final draft and is subject to change

Queue Hallway

Elementum

Fly Through Building (Transition of Elements/ Air:Water)

The Bridge

Again, thanks to RCW for help with the textures and model

Well, thats all for now and I will have another update for you all when I feel like I have more to show.

Thoughts?

mkingy User avatar

I really like the feel of the entire project - the limited layout I can see looks good too (I haven't delved beyond your last post..).
Coaster Count - 198

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2