Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports The Joker Media Day TR - 5/31/17

The Joker Media Day TR - 5/31/17

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post May 31st, 2017, 2:37 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Today I had the pleasure of representing CoasterCrazy.com at SFNE for the media day of the new Joker 4D free fly coaster. The ride definitely looks good in the park and I really like the location they chose since the ride it replaced was nothing special. The colors are not as hideous in person and are darker than I thought which is nice. I've managed to flip around at most 4 times in one ride and also got some stalls as well. Overall it's a fun ride that really throws you around. I had more fun on it than I thought I would and this is a great addition to SFNE's lineup!

The ride's theming is pretty basic but it's good enough to set the scene. I really like the main switchback area as there are many TV's which will provide some entertainment on busy days. There is a single rider line and I'm glad it's actually marked as some rides in the park have single rider lines, but they aren't marked so no one really knows they exist. The restraints were very comfortable and so were the seats themselves. The only time I felt some pain was when I was held upside down on the first beyond 90 degree drop since I was pushed into my restraint pretty hard.

Also if you are going to be riding soon, the green side is definitely better than the purple. I heard many people saying they toned down the purple side to make it more tamer which makes sense but I wish both sides were the same as I don't know if you will be able to choose when the ride is open to the public. I really wish S&S would figure out their fin placements on these rides as both Batman and Arashi look much better than Joker. The rocking back and forth is fun but getting flips is so much better as you get whipped around. On the green side, there is always a flip coming off the lift hill which is very awesome as it's very fast.

In other news I did try Mind Eraser with the new trains. I opted out of the VR since I didn't really enjoy it on Superman last year and I think that VR on coasters isn't as fun as the actual ride. The new trains work wonders and the ride is so much more enjoyable. I never realized how forceful SLC's really are, but it's definitely a ride I'll be riding every time I visit instead of skipping over it. Now if they could only do something about Goliath's trains...

Superman was running great, but like I always say there's no point riding anywhere but the front. I got probably the best airtime on the ride this year probably because of the rain which made the ride run a bit faster. I actually got strong ejector on every hill instead of floater/weak ejector which was great, but we need the T-bars back!

Wicked Cyclone was awesome as usual. I noticed they finally replaced the ceiling fans in the station as the old ones, while cool-looking didn't actually work. Thanks to the rain it was running faster than usual and I ended up greying out after the first overbank and into the 200 degree stall. While Joker and Superman are both great, Wicked Cyclone is still the undeniable best coaster in the park.

I didn't ride Goliath as even the sight of it offends me now. What a failure those new trains were I hope they do something about them soon but it's been 4 years now and no progress has been made and at this point I'm afraid they've damaged the track as well. It really sucks since it was awesome opening year.

Here are some photos I took on my phone (Galaxy S7). There's not too many since the weather didn't really allow for any of them to come out very good. Sorry for no videos dispatches were too long to wait for. This ends my mediocre trip report. Maybe I'll actually write the trip report from my vacation last year but while I do have the time now, I do not have the effort. Thanks for reading if you made it this far without getting bored.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports