Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Meets CoasterCrazy.com 2017 Vegas and EDC (18+) Trip

CoasterCrazy.com 2017 Vegas and EDC (18+) Trip

Planning a theme park visit? Post it here to organize a theme park meet with other members of the site. You can't go wrong with taking another enthusiast with you!

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Dan and I are sharing a room, you could probably get a single room. I'm not sure about cost for hotel but EDC was $355 when we bought tickets. If you're looking to start out in NM with us then you'd be looking at park costs too (probably ultimately $150ish)

Hotels and flights are going to be the biggest concerns. I'd look into it now if I were you to ensure cheapest flight and hopefully some hotels are on sale
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,282.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
Alternatively, if you don't mind a floor, a blanket or two, and two pillows, we have plenty of floor space for a budget option....
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Holy Double Post, Batman!

We also bought official EDC shuttle passes that pick us up from the stratosphere (our hotel), drop us off at EDC and return us after we leave the festival for all three days. Total is about 110 dollars, however it includes pre-screening to skip security and designated entrances to skip the entrance line, among other perks.
Head Moderator
Chatroom Admin

Turbo User avatar

And to anyone interested the artist lineup is announced tomorrow. Prices WILL soar almost immediately so if you want to go be aware of that.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
Couldn't put down anything towards the trip until the 5th anyway. Several season passes and rent pretty much put me at 1HP right now lol. I could (probably) stomach the price soar, my biggest concern is it getting sold out before I can get the pass, getting the time off from work (I'll sack a lot for this trip, but I love not being homeless just a lil more), and F---ping hotel costs. The one thing I don't have an answer for.

If everything else could fall in line I am totally cool with floor space if that would work with you. I'll probably only be in the room to leave my stuff and shower :lol: I've been to Vegas and stayed out on the strip from landing to take off. And I'd have no problem chipping in on the room and related costs. As well as gas, and food and stuff. Again though, I have to see what the prices will be when they hike, and get a general cost estimate for the trip. The most important thing for me is the rides and the New Mexico Rattler credit. Ever since The Villian I've loved CCI, but in no way enough to go to NM for that one coaster alone. And like I said, if that doesn't work with EDC, I'd still like to get that, and Adventuredome's El Loco credits, and ride Slotzilla's flying zipline at night. 88% sure if I go this would be the plan. I don't see myself staying the whole festival anyway. I'd be over it after two nights at most.

But I'd totally pay out the corneas for those two nights and be content.

When I get home I'll work with Seth to put together a few theoretical pricing structures for you to look over and once we get those sorted out I can send them your way.
Head Moderator
Chatroom Admin

Turbo User avatar

So artists get announced tonight at 6pm PST. If you are interested in going it might save you some money to buy your ticket and throw the $30 insurance on it just in case the prices do soar.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Turbo User avatar

Ok WOW this lineup is insane! Here is the lineup for EDC! For more information about which stage each artist is on please click HERE!

Tickets ARE still on sale but I can't speak for how long. They are still $355
Attachments
image (2).png

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Alright! The time is finally here! We will be meeting up at Cliff's tomorrow around 10:45 am, as they open at 11 am. Seth and I will be wearing Coastercrazy shirts, so we should be relatively easy to spot near the entrance. If there are any additional questions, please post them and I'll attempt to answer them as soon as possible.
Head Moderator
Chatroom Admin

Points on hand: 5,955.00 Points
I'll be meeting you guys at ADVDome and NYNY rip

Super uber sorry about that, my parents had some unexpected business to attend to. :(
Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

Totally fine, we understand....plus it makes it a bit easier for us
Head Moderator
Chatroom Admin

Previous

Return to Theme Park Meets