Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Phantasialand - F.L.Y.: Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster

Phantasialand - F.L.Y.: Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 301.00 Points
Wow the Phantasialand strikes back again :lol:

Taron was a very impressive experience for me, so I am very excited what they will deliver here.

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
I'm quite excited to see Vekoma being named. Their flying coasters always felt more forceful then the majority of the B&M's. I really can't wait to see how this is going to turn out.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Points on hand: 4,794.00 Points
hyyyper wrote:
I believe they meant to say 'world's longest launched flying coaster', which I think do not exist yet, so they'll get that record with any track length.

They meant to say worlds longest flying coaster. If they meant something else they would have said something else.

Still, Flying Dinosaur is 1.124 m. That means F.L.Y. will be at least 1.124 m (making it the longest along with FD), but doesn't mean it will be any longer than that.

hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Wishmaster wrote:
hyyyper wrote:
I believe they meant to say 'world's longest launched flying coaster', which I think do not exist yet, so they'll get that record with any track length.

They meant to say worlds longest flying coaster. If they meant something else they would have said something else.

Still, Flying Dinosaur is 1.124 m. That means F.L.Y. will be at least 1.124 m (making it the longest along with FD), but doesn't mean it will be any longer than that.

:lol: You obviously don't know how marketing works.

I really hope they go for the longest invert, but it wouldn't be the first time that a park claims to have 'the worldst something-ist coaster (that features yellow-painted bolts)!' or some other gimmick/cheat in order to get some claim to put on their ads. I'm a bit sceptical, that's all. I mean, for all we know it's going to be that weird Vekoma prototype with a super long darkride section, which would then technically get them the record, but not be much of a coaster per se.

hyyyper wrote:
Wishmaster wrote:
hyyyper wrote:

:lol: You obviously don't know how marketing works.

I really hope they go for the longest invert, but it wouldn't be the first time that a park claims to have 'the worldst something-ist coaster (that features yellow-painted bolts)!' or some other gimmick/cheat in order to get some claim to put on their ads. I'm a bit sceptical, that's all. I mean, for all we know it's going to be that weird Vekoma prototype with a super long darkride section, which would then technically get them the record, but not be much of a coaster per se.

No, I don't know how marketing works. But at least I know it better then you it seems. PHL does not lie. lying is not good marketing. If they mean longest coaster that features yellow-painted bolts, they'll say longest coaster that features yellow-painted bolts. They did it on the last coaster by saying the worlds longest double-launch coaster. They said the longest flying coaster in the world, so that is what it will be. Like I said before, they did not say longer than any other flying coaster in the world, so it may be only 1.124m, but that still makes it impressive.

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
What is the longest coaster to feature yellow-painted bolts?
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

fingers crossed for actual worlds longest flyer.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
How many guests do you think will be able to ride? I mean... loading capacity! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

lol240 wrote:
How many guests do you think will be able to ride? I mean... loading capacity! :)

Best guess is that they may have ordered the new loading system Vekoma has been experimenting with, which means only Vekoma and possibly some potential clients have seen it in action and can make a guess at rider capacity. Phantasialand is very secretive about their projects and will most likely not give us more details until F.L.Y. opens and even then not everything we would like to know.

As for this loading system: Some fans will do anything to find out what it looks like so some things have been leaked. ;)

Again: These are all guesses. Phantasialand will not confirm anything and the may have gone with the conventional loading system.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
A support has been spotted!

Source
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points
Let the Spaghetti of track commence
Taron>Helix get mad

Paradox User avatar

Track's being placed! Looks like it will be the Vekoma prototype after all!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

^^ Hope that it'll happen! We just want an exciting track! :D

Paradox User avatar

Some pictures of the construction site:

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 115.00 Points
Paradox wrote:
Some pictures of the construction site:

Which construction site is that? It's hard to read on those pictures.

^ That indeed is going to be larger than we're thinking now! Promising! :D

PvM User avatar

Points on hand: 8,245.00 Points

^ From the fourth image posted, I can see that coaster will get inversions - yay! :D

WOW that went fast, I can't wait for this ride
Taron>Helix get mad

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Must've been some awesome people who took those photos! :shock:
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 301.00 Points
It looks like that I have to visit cologne next year again :D

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,018.00 Points

Paradox User avatar

It looks much more impressive in person and it's already convinced me to head back soon!
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

This appeared at the test site:

Track update:

Taron>Helix get mad

PvM User avatar

Points on hand: 8,245.00 Points

so the seats will be able to rotate it seems. I wonder if it's just for loading/unloading or will they rotate during the ride as well?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!