Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Mine Blower - GG Wooden for Fun Spot America 2017 POV!

Mine Blower - GG Wooden for Fun Spot America 2017 POV!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Here's a daytime test!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Paradox User avatar

We now have a POV thanks to the Gravity Group!

Here's some offride shots as well:

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Wow this is worth riding! I think s-curves are making the ride more special! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Looks quite short, but it does go quite fast through the course. This could be interesting if it speeds up some more. :)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
It's definitely a short ride, but wow. I think it looks incredible. And the lines at these parks likely never get too long so you can just whip back in line for multiple rides. It looks twenty times better than I expected it would be, and when the track wears in a little bit with a full train, it's going to be certified psychotic.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Paradox User avatar

Here's a POV in daylight:

Here's a POV showing the wheel assembly if you're interested in seeing that:

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points
This thing is not going to age well. That trackwork does not...look good. Lots of shuffling already.

Paradox User avatar

All Timberliners have some shuffling. Wooden Warrior still feels like new after 5 or so years. The trains don't destroy the track as much as PTC's do.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 1,304.00 Points
First review of mine blower on these forums! Yay! Firstly, this park is a very small park that you can easily hit up when coming out of Walt Disney World (they advertise it as being CLOSE to Disney World, whereas they advertise the Orlando park as being close to Universal; the Orlando one is so close that I just said, ???Hey, there???s Fun Spot!??? When we were getting our parking ticket. The park has 3 creds (A fun spinning wild muse, an amazingly underrated coaster, and an E&F Miler kiddy.) I went in expecting this to be a top 20 coaster, but it crept up into my new top 5 at the time (Now, it???s still in my top 15.) At most, a week and a day after it opened, Mine Blower was only at a 2-4 train wait. This coaster is insanely compact, and the last bit before the brakes is literally hills under the lift structure that make you feel like you???re going to hit your head.

Turning out of the station we see the transfer track and storage shed, then ascend up 82 feet into the air. We make a snappy turn down and then hit the first drop. This drop isn???t that great honestly, it gives a small pop of floater but nothing much. Then the zero g roll provides some AMAZING airtime/hangtime (Yes, it provides both at once!) You are thrown into an intense turn and are instanty ejected out of your seat at the top of the double down; the second hill of this element doesn???t give as strong airtime. Then you do an S curve into an overbank. This is actually visible from the kids coaster, as to the very right of the kids coaster is this crazy wall of wood called Mine Blower. The overbank immerses you in the wall of wood, making you do a straightening airtime hill (Voyage also has this, after you go through the wide turn and right before the first double overbanked turns.) Then you hit the 115 degree overbanked turn, which blasts you into the second half of this coaster. You dive right under the lift, going through a few insane airtime pops right inside the structure. From what I???ve heard of Steel Vengeance???s second half and how it is inside the superstructure of wood, that sounds similar to what this coaster does. You do a quick, zippy turn that throws you to the other side of your seat, and go back into daylight, popping up and back down into the brakes. Mine Blower seems to have a really short track length, but it feels longer than it actually is. This is one of the best coasters in Florida, up there with Mako and Kumbae (Kumba got me into coasters!) Plus the park is very clean, is a great inexpensive counter to the overblown prices of the Floridian theme parks (Disney & Universal) and has things for the entire family. I???d give this coaster a good 9.5/10, as it did feel a tad rough and the restraints are comfy but don???t allow for ballistic airtime.
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!