Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Thorpe park suggestions

Thorpe park suggestions

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post August 11th, 2017, 10:37 am

Points on hand: 1,527.00 Points
Hey guys,
Next week I'll be visiting London with my family. One of those days, my bf and I will be visiting Thorpe Park. We have the option to pick 1 fasttrack out of the following rides:
-SAW The Ride
-Nemesis Inferno
-Stealth
-Colosos
-THE SWARM

what option would you suggest, and what could we expect from the queues next week? If there are any other recommendations for Thorpe Park, or London, I'd love to hear it!

Post August 11th, 2017, 10:59 am

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,198.00 Points
In London, i recommend the Tower Bridge Experience, where you can go up into the towers and along the walkways, and you might even get to see the bridge lift!

Post August 11th, 2017, 5:18 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I suggest visiting the London Science Museum if Astro Canyon Coaster is still up. (Hopefully!) :)
Last edited by lol240 on August 19th, 2017, 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post August 12th, 2017, 2:11 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Summer holidays so if you go on a hot weekend expect it to be busy. Damp days will be better, and weekdays help too.

-SAW The Ride - unbearable queue cattle pen - usually quite popular. Decent shout for fastpass
-Nemesis Inferno - more bearable queue line - can be quick moving queue if fastpass sales are low - i always think the fast pass guys get a good deal on this.
-Stealth - from memory this opens slightly later - about 10am so best try and hit this 2nd/3rd to avoid queue. Probably most worth the fast pass for a reride.
-Collosus - decent queue line experience, however can generate an obscene queue due to bad ops.
-THE SWARM - doesn't usually generate much queue line in my experience, however, best ride at the park.

Things to do in London?

Borough Market is a great place to get street food although its a bit expensive, they have cake stands aswell though so could get something sweet for a more reasonable price.

London Zoo is a very good zoo - you can get 2for1 if you buy a national rail train ticket (literally buy a single 1 stop down the line for the day you visit if your not travelling by train already!) https://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/zsl-london-zoo

Various museums - the last one i did was the design museum which was fun - the free exhibition isnt fully open mon-wed though https://designmuseum.org/exhibitions/de ... aker-user#

Parks - Regents is near the zoo, Hyde isthe biggest and has a lake i think you can rent pedalos on and greenwich park had the meridian line (official line for the GMT timezone)

Feel free to pm me if you have any other questions or post here. I'm from Birmingham but i work a lot in London and my wife is from there so i have a fair bit of experience.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Return to General Theme Park Discussions