Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Kings Dominion 2018 - Twisted Timbers RMC Hurler

Kings Dominion 2018 - Twisted Timbers RMC Hurler

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post July 31st, 2017, 10:08 am

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Whatever, either way Schilke will add in banger forces, the GP will Love it, and enthusiasts will have a great time as well. Conversion is pretty much the next best thing to a new coaster.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post August 1st, 2017, 9:35 am
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post August 1st, 2017, 11:44 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Could this be wild like the Knott's GhostRider? I'm speculating so! :roll:
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post August 1st, 2017, 11:58 am

Points on hand: 3,149.00 Points

Mystic Timbers 2.0
Coaster count: 28 1. Fury 325 2. Twisted Cyclone 3. Goliath (sfog) 4. Intimidator 5. Afterburn

Post August 4th, 2017, 6:59 am
Paradox User avatar

Well based on the bracing going up after the lift I think we'll be seeing a barrel roll drop.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post August 4th, 2017, 9:38 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Gladly welcomed! The one on Storm Chaser is so fun, and very different from front seat to back seat. It's a really great way to pack a punch into a small layout / short drop and start the ride off with a bang.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post August 12th, 2017, 1:40 pm
Paradox User avatar

So this was leaked. The name seems to be Twisted Timbers.

Not a huge fan of the name or theme since it seems to be the same as Mystic Timbers but I am happy about the first drop.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points
First RMC to be longer than the ride that was rebuilt.

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Oooh. I kinda like the name. LOL 20 airtime moments... obnoxious. I guess they did add almost 30 feet of height though.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points
Those park chain bigwigs need to keep a tighter grip on confidential info if they don't want it getting leaked. I wonder if a disgruntled employee just took a pic of the screen and posted it, not caring what happens next since they see something better on the other side. I think I've seen at least one custom NL/NL2 creation that already had that same name.

GerstlCrazy wrote:
Oooh. I kinda like the name. LOL 20 airtime moments... obnoxious. I guess they did add almost 30 feet of height though.

RIP fatherhood. Trying to 1-up Six Flags who only adds about 10 ft to the original height but shorter layout than the original.

Post August 12th, 2017, 10:16 pm

Points on hand: 3,149.00 Points

purplechicken wrote:
Mystic Timbers 2.0

Well I guess I was right about that. :D
Coaster count: 28 1. Fury 325 2. Twisted Cyclone 3. Goliath (sfog) 4. Intimidator 5. Afterburn

Points on hand: 5,955.00 Points
I'm just surprised nobody's killing themselves over Winterfest
Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

This park is gonna be buff as shitfuck after this addition. Like jeeeez.

Points on hand: 1,681.00 Points
Well it's kind of cool they're making a little set of rides within the same storyline or whatever. I hope they can manage to put some decent themeing at minimum to something on par with the original Mystic Timbers. But for real, the White House has nothing on the amusement industry in terms of leaks now xD
I'm not brand new to NL2 so ignore how many posts I have atm, I post a lot other places :)

??????????????????? ?????? ?????? ?????? ????g???????? ???????????????????

It may be hard to beat the "Mystic Timbers" excitement! High hopes for Hurler, though. :roll:

Paradox User avatar

On the outskirts of Candy Apple Grove sits the remains of the once thriving Hanover Hill Orchard. No one can say exactly happened that day back in 1950. What destroyed half of the harvest in a matter of seconds? What shook the ground, turned over tractors, shattered glass and nearly peeled the siding off the warehouse, all without warning...all without a cloud in the sky? Strictly ???off limits??? for decades, this land of local legend is finally open to the public! You are invited to experience Twisted Timbers, an exclusive tour of the now famed Hanover Hill Orchard. Take a ride through previously forbidden grounds where you???ll experience the unexplainable and see evidence preserved from that fateful day. Hold on tight because this is a tour with the twist. This is Twisted Timbers.

A Wooden Coaster with a Twist of Steel
Steel and wood combine forces to bring you our newest rollercoaster ??? Twisted Timbers. This hybrid coaster is the first of its kind in the mid-Atlantic and uses the latest technology to combine wood supports and steel track to give riders an experience that is impossible on a traditional wooden coaster.

Ready to Take a Bite?
Twisted Timbers sits at the edge of Candy Apple Grove and gives riders a one-of-a-kind experience. Plummet down a 109-foot-tall barrel roll drop that sends you twisting across 3,351 feet of track with two more inversions and 20 airtime hills at speeds of 54 miles per hour. Hold on tight, because this is a ride with a twist??? this is Twisted Timbers.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Three consecutive straight airhills <3
Last edited by tiepilot35 on August 16th, 2017, 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I was kinda hoping for a low to the ground turn, but man all those bunny hills are going to be sweet.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

That's a great layout. Lots of designed lats and plenty of airtime. Fun times mega cool.

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
Huh, three straight airtime hills in a row is definitely NOT what I expected from RMC! Looks really really good, though I don't think it quite trumps Wicked Cyclone (similar size) in terms of layout. I think that, with all of the elements weaving perfectly into one another in a satisfyingly long layout, they perfected their compact style of ride on that one.
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
While I doubt this will be most enthusiasts' favorite RMC, it does look like a solid ride and finally answers the question of what RMC would do with an out-and-back layout. There isn't much here that we haven't seen before, but that doesn't mean it won't be a great ride.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Hurray! I guess that RMC they're trying to prove that the original "wooden" layouts charm them before starting to turn those into their ideal works. They did their task beautifully this time, too!

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Omg, is that not 1, not 2, but 3 consecutive normal airtime hills? Is this really RMC? Oh wait, they still can't do normal turns.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Why would you want normal turns... lol go ride Pepsi Max Big One if that's what you like :lol:

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
GerstlCrazy wrote:
Why would you want normal turns... lol go ride Pepsi Max Big One if that's what you like :lol:

Because there is no point in doing such turns other then be gimmicky and hope it'll improve the ride. I think they underestimate the power of a good normal turn.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!