Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Cedar Fair 2018 Construction Time Lapses

Cedar Fair 2018 Construction Time Lapses

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post August 28th, 2017, 10:17 am

Points on hand: 848.00 Points

Hi all,

This past year, I filmed several time lapse videos documenting the construction of new attractions at Cedar Fair parks for 2017???namely Mystic Timbers at Kings Island, Cedar Point Shores at Cedar Point, County Fair at Carowinds, and North Star at Valleyfair. Well, I've started to do it again for the new attractions coming next year. I'll be filming and uploading them to YouTube on a weekly basis, and I thought it would be neat to share them here.

So far, I'm only filming two projects???Steel Vengeance (aka RMC Mean Streak) at Cedar Point and HangTime at Knott's Berry Farm???but I hope to start recording more as the other Cedar Fair parks approach their offseasons. All footage is being recorded from the live webcams on the parks' websites.

Here are the first two videos, from this past week:

Steel Vengeance #1:

HangTime #1:

I know these videos may seem really short, but there are a couple of things you should consider: 1) Cedar Point's webcams move around a lot, so they may not always be facing towards Steel Vengeance, and 2) Knott's Berry Farm does most of their construction work at night, after the park closes; sometimes (especially on weekend nights) they may not do any work at all.

So now, with all that being said, I hope you enjoy these videos, and I look more to sharing more of them here. :)
I, for one, welcome our new RMC overlords.

Post September 3rd, 2017, 7:19 pm

Here is another pair of videos.

Steel Vengeance #2:

HangTime #2:

It looks like they're starting to do more work during the daylight hours at Knott's.

Post September 4th, 2017, 1:51 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I wish CP would zoom the camera in on Steel Vengeance for once now that it's announced. Thanks for the videos, it was neat to see them actually work near the lift for a bit.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 5th, 2017, 5:07 pm

No problem! I wish CP could keep their cameras still, or just set one up solely for Steel Vengeance somewhere in the park.

Post September 5th, 2017, 8:38 pm
XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
Nice videos you got there
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

Post September 7th, 2017, 11:42 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Hurray! Steel Vengeance is taking shape without getting annoyed by bugs ( :lol: ) on the (official) park camera! Plus it's so good to see Knott's in the process of... landscaping!
Last edited by lol240 on September 19th, 2017, 2:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post September 10th, 2017, 6:19 pm

Updates!

Steel Vengeance #3:

HangTime #3:

California's Great America has also just set up a webcam for RailBlazer's construction, which can be viewed here. Expect some time lapse videos for that project.

Post September 17th, 2017, 6:28 pm

More updates!

Steel Vengeance #4:

HangTime #4:

I'm also thinking I'm going to be doing RailBlazer time lapse updates bi-weekly, due to that camera's slow framerate (the still images take 15 minutes to update, compared to just 5 for the CP and KBF cams). Expect the first RailBlazer time lapse video next week.

Post September 24th, 2017, 7:56 pm

Even more updates!

Steel Vengeance #5:

HangTime #5:

RailBlazer #1:

Another pair of updates.

Steel Vengeance #6:

HangTime #6:

Three new updates tonight.

Steel Vengeance #7:

HangTime #7:

RailBlazer #2:

Post October 8th, 2017, 10:27 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Thank you bro
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post October 15th, 2017, 5:43 pm

^ Sorry for the late reply, but no problem!

Good news: it's time for another update! Bad news: I only have one for this past week, and that's HangTime. I tried recording a video for Steel Vengeance this week, but Cedar Point hardly ever pointed their webcam towards it; I only got about five seconds' worth of footage, so I decided not to bother with an update this week. Frankly, with track work complete, I'm not sure if there will be much more for me to show of that coaster.

HangTime #8:

Post October 22nd, 2017, 8:06 pm

Finally, another three updates!

Steel Vengeance #8:

HangTime #9:

RailBlazer #3:

Post October 29th, 2017, 6:40 pm

Updates!

Steel Vengeance #9:

HangTime #10:

And now, a special update for HangTime, reviewing all of the progress that has been made over the past ten weeks:

HangTime Ten-Week Time Lapse #1:

Post November 6th, 2017, 12:02 am

Where do I begin with this week's updates? First, there's an update for RailBlazer this weekend, then a ten-week abridged time lapse for Steel Vengeance, and, possibly most excitingly: HangTime has started to go vertical!

Steel Vengeance #10:

HangTime #11:

RailBlazer #4:

Steel Vengeance Ten-Week Time Lapse #1:

In addition to all that, Carowinds has pointed one of their webcams towards Planet Snoopy to record that area's expansion and transformation into Camp Snoopy for 2018. I've already started to record progress on that; it should be interesting to see how different it looks once they're through with it. :)

Post November 6th, 2017, 1:38 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Thanks for the neat timelapses as usual. I wish CP would keep their camera still more often.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post November 12th, 2017, 7:54 pm

^ Thanks! I, too, wish CP would keep their cameras still???it would make these videos look so much better.

Now, for another batch of updates!

Steel Vengeance #11:

HangTime #12:

And, as promised, the first time lapse video for Camp Snoopy at Carowinds!

Unfortunately, the next set of updates will be delayed by a week since I'm traveling out of town from Friday, November 17 until Sunday, November 26 for Thanksgiving, but don't worry???I'll still be recording progress at CGA, Carowinds, CP, and KBF while I'm away, and publish them as soon as possible after I get back!

Post November 13th, 2017, 3:03 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post November 26th, 2017, 4:35 pm

After being away for Thanksgiving, I've returned with some brand-new updates, including a new, abridged ten-week time lapse of RailBlazer's construction!

Steel Vengeance #12:

HangTime #13:

RailBlazer #5:

Camp Snoopy #2:

RailBlazer Ten-Week Time Lapse #1:

More updates for this past week to come later tonight!

Post November 26th, 2017, 6:49 pm

Now, as promised, here are the videos for this past week. Not a whole lot in the way of construction due to Thanksgiving weekend, but that's okay???these people have worked hard to bring us these awesome new attractions for 2018, and deserve time to rest. :)

Steel Vengeance #13:

HangTime #14:

Camp Snoopy #3:

Post November 27th, 2017, 3:52 pm

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points
I appreciate all the updates!
Last edited by straightbanana on December 11th, 2017, 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taron>Helix get mad

Post December 3rd, 2017, 8:25 pm

^ Thank you! Here are some more!

Steel Vengeance #14:

HangTime #15:

RailBlazer #6:

Camp Snoopy #4:

Post December 10th, 2017, 9:00 pm

Two new updates...no Cedar Point update this due to the fact that they've been pointing their camera away from Steel Vengeance, but here are Carowinds and Knott's Berry Farm.

HangTime #16:

Camp Snoopy #5:

Unfortunately, these will be the last two updates you'll be seeing from me for about a month. I'm about to head home for my college's Winter Break, which will last until January 14. I'll still be able to record these time lapses while I'm gone; I just won't be able to upload them to YouTube until after I get back. :(
Last edited by EccentricGamerCL on December 12th, 2017, 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post December 11th, 2017, 5:09 am

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points
No worries, thank you for the updates ;)
Taron>Helix get mad

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!