Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 Questions on improving an invert I'm making

Questions on improving an invert I'm making

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post September 4th, 2017, 6:17 pm

Points on hand: 212.00 Points
I have a question about how I should shape the dive loop for a B&M invert.
20170904190050_1.jpg

This is what the dive loop looks like so far, I'm more wondering if I should change the rotation to clockwise, as this kind of looks janky at the moment... Also, The shaping for the overall curve is at it's best as the train is at the slowest speed I'm comfortable doing (~25mph at the peak of the arc) along with the crest of the dive loop being kind of drawn out as the g-forces get to high at the bottom of the element if it's any shorter. I can't get the curved drop any tighter or else the vertical g's go into the 5g range for like a 3 second period :shock: Any suggestions on how I could improve this?

Ok, I've done a little testing, and found another solution that's a little better
20170904195441_1.jpg

Post September 10th, 2017, 3:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
I think only you can tell if its good or not.
If you are not happy with your creation and want to improove it, watch some tutorials.
There are some great vids out there by the developers and the community.
"NoLimits 2 Tutorial" on youtube will do the trick.

Post September 10th, 2017, 3:38 pm

Points on hand: 5,955.00 Points
ROLL THE DIVE LOOP THE OTHER F*CKING WAY
Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

Post September 10th, 2017, 4:30 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
^ Calm down

But yes making your roll points in the opposite direction should fix your problem.
What are these for?

Post September 11th, 2017, 3:21 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Olmisery wrote:

Go ahead and kill creativity in what could be a frickin' awesome element...
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post September 11th, 2017, 5:53 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
If it works, stick with it. If it feels super awkward, spin it the other way.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post September 11th, 2017, 4:02 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Olmisery wrote:

:lol: This is actually kind of what I was thinking. BUT, if anyone remembers DCs's Aiolos terrain invert, he found a really tasteful and effective way to shape a counter-intuitively rolling dive loop. It's possible to be weird and realistic.

It looks to me like you need to play around with the shaping of the track itself, and the rolling should be fine. If you're pulling especially high g's in the curved drop, which I'm assuming you mean to be the stuff before the dive loop, you need to drag the low-ground pull up into a larger circle. If done correctly, you can pull it off without displacing the dive loop at all, and it shouldn't offset speed in the dive loop too much either. And while on the subject of the dive loop, it looks a little "fat." If you thinned out the space between the rise and drop of the dive loop, it would look a little more realistic and probably even out your forces more.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 3,557.00 Points
For an element like that, Nolimits 2 usually works with you in knowing where you want to go with it, especially if you've already drawn the element out. Sometimes you don't even have to put a roll node when you draw multiple points after the dive loop element. You're just putting them there for smoothing purposes now, because it will already be inverted. Those usually be very smooth after working on it too.

But when I do those type of elements, where you turn to go upside down is usually where the track is heading. Roll the node where the track is heading.

Edit: If you'd like to keep the track rolling that way, you might need to lengthen the distance between the top two nodes, depending on how long your train is. That would also mean lengthening every node from the top right node to the bottom right of the top two nodes. It's like a backwards C. Select that portion of nodes and move it right

Actually looks fun.

Sorry for not responding for so long, kinda had school get in the way of everything, however, I tweaked the shaping some more, also, a bonus POV.

https://imgur.com/lrCy49z

EDIT:
Olmisery wrote:
Hmmm... I guess I might as well *wastes 10 hours trying to fix awkwardness*
Attachments
20171018210110_1.jpg
20171018210131_1.jpg

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2