Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Energylandia 2018 - Hyperion Intamin Hyper

Energylandia 2018 - Hyperion Intamin Hyper

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
The layout for the hyper has been changed. This is the best layout they've had yet in my opinion.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
I love the dive into the splash feature! :D But I wish they could have kept the S-hill after the first small overbank. D:

Actually, now that I think of it, (this is just me but) I wish they could have kept the very first layout, the one they used in the competition with Vekoma. I feel like that layout seemed a lot more dynamic than the current one. :(
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
More ejector moments.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Intamin!
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Okay yes. I got worried for a hot second that they got rid of that epic S-bend sequence. But they just moved the S-bends later in the layout, tossed a damn sine hill into it, added a low-ass Stengel into the finale, and threw that bitch into the water in a fancier finale fashion. Give it up. This is one of the best layouts I have ever seen.

1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Awesome layout with sick a$$ trains. The wing seats are going to BALLS if it performs and has shaping exactly like the promo video.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Points on hand: 1,123.00 Points
Good. This one looks a lot better. I didn't say anything about the last one because I still trust Intamin and everyone else seemed to be jizzing over it, so I figured I had to be the crazy one not to like it. Glad the park and manufacturer also saw room for improvement. Only part I'm not sold on is that floater hill. It's very un Intamin-like in the animation, so hopefully it feels faster in reality.

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
I still preferred the longer and more twistier Vekoma layout. But I do like the wider trains on these. Could give more a whip at some twists.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Paradox User avatar

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,043.00 Points
Paradox wrote:
The layout for the hyper has been changed. This is the best layout they've had yet in my opinion.

Anyone know if the music in the video will be the ride's soundtrack? I absolutely LOVE it!

Points on hand: 662.00 Points
Intamin showing B&M how to make a proper mega coaster

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
It'll still be a great ride, but I strongly dislike the third iteration of the layout. I think the ending 20 seconds or so will be more exciting this way, but it's at way too much expense for the rest of the ride that was changed.

I don't understand the tiny off axis hill (or whatever they call it) after the dive loop type element. Between the low Stengel and the S hill, then the interaction with the out run and supports, that section was amazing in the 2nd iteration. Going from the floater hill to the overbank now kills what I thought was going to be the sleeper hit of the ride, those flat S turns through the structure with the hop as an exclamation point. Now they're slower and more drawn out at the end of the ride, with much less interaction with structure. Then the low hill into the low Stengel just look sloppy to me. Seems their only goal there was to get themselves more space for a better ending, rather than making each section the best it can be.

For me, the current iteration is like a solid NL design. The second iteration was a pro design.

Oh well. Still gotta love a new 260' Intamin mega whenever something like this happens.

While I agree the low to the ground sections before/after the floater hill in revision 2 were other worldly, it seems almost too fast a rotation. I mean, I'm no engineer, and whether these have wing seats or standard 4 across is an influence, but I feel like those outside seats would of been a little too much, hopefully I'm wrong, especially given the nature of old school B&M's. I kinda feel like the old panoramic wave turn would of had more air, that's probably my biggest gripe with the layout, but whatever. I'm torn on the floater hill; it seems to provide a nice pacing, contrast, and beautiful long airtime. It would be nice to have one more big ejector hill in addition, but I feel like the right choice is the two hill scenario with contrast, also so that material costs could be saved and applied to a longer low ground section. The new s turns looks similar to karnan's based on memory, could be wrong, but they should be good. Again, I think maybe the old ones were a bit too intense. Anyway, the new bump before the floater hill looks brutally great, and everything else looks amazing, drop seems incredible. First airtime hill looks just stunning, seems like the g value is lowered slightly (or the pitch degree decreased) from the top point until the transition to positive so that the front doesn't lag out and the back gets whipped until the very end haha.

In total, I think it will be one of the best hypers. Especially that twist and dive, man, looks to be filled with ejector and hangtime, absolutely legendary.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
If they were using the seats used on Taron I don't think the high rotations would've been a huge issue - they offer a surprising amount of lateral support despite being very open. Either way looks like a good ride.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Paradox User avatar

Station design:

Foundations are set:

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,043.00 Points
Paradox wrote:

Is there a key to those numbers anywhere?

Post October 29th, 2017, 10:31 am
Paradox User avatar

Unfortunately that was the only photo I could find.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post October 29th, 2017, 10:34 am

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
I don't like the newer layout nearly as much. They turned it into a B&M hyper. I much prefer the intense layout of before.
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

Post October 29th, 2017, 10:52 am
Paradox User avatar

Trains!

More station concept art:

Also new in 2018 are:

Gardens

Stunt Show

Waterpark (first phase most likely)

The water coaster has also been delayed to 2018. I assume this is because of issues with the elevator lift cause Intamin.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Oh so it will be using Skyrush trains after all; that's interesting. Like the black color!
mkingy wrote:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must

Fluorometholone

Paradox User avatar

Look closely those are not Skyrush trains. It has the wing seating arrangement, but there will be floors under all the seats and they will use the Taron style restraints.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Oh sorry my bad. Hahahaha
mkingy wrote:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must

Fluorometholone

Points on hand: 1,123.00 Points
I went back and looked at all three Intamin layouts and I have to revise my last statement. The first layout (that went up against Vekoma) was the best and looked the most intense. The second layout (after Intamin was chosen) looks the weakest. The third layout is somewhere in between.

Paradox wrote:
Look closely those are not Skyrush trains. It has the wing seating arrangement, but there will be floors under all the seats and they will use the Taron style restraints.

So, the perfect coaster train!

Paradox User avatar

Personally I feel the first layout looked pretty weak especially with the quadruple s turns that wouldn't do much. I must say the first one had my favorite rendition of the panoramic wave turn though.

Overall I feel that this layout is a good mix of airtime and intensity and is just what the park needs.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
The station and everything looks frigging amazing.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

I don't know, but I think the station 10, 20 years from now might look a little bit.... "tacky"? is that the correct word? Like, "HYPER_NOVI"... there's more than one hyper coaster, especially in Europe. What happens when Europe gets a giga coaster, or an even taller hyper? Although, at 80m... might as well just go to giga next haha.

Also, I assume those graphs and screens on the front seat will display some sort of stats or something. I could be wrong, and if so that's kinda cool, but I don't really want to be looking at a screen while on a roller coaster. That's one of the point of roller coasters, they're real, not virtual haha. Same reason I don't look at my phone while trail running or something haha. "Don't look at it!" - harder said than done with colorful screens angled towards your face. Hypothetical scenario here, but if it tells you the live speed and forces, I'm riding on a slow day with an empty train, and it's only pulling like, -0.9 in the front, I might get disappointed, especially if It's an Intamin! Maybe, without the chart, -0.9 would feel stronger, ya know, your mind starts to over-think it haha, "dang, that's not true ejector, why am I on this ride?" - haha joking. Hopefully, if the charts are there, we see -1.2 or more! Haha, I'm not implying that Intamin would design this ride to pull -0.9 max in the front though, haha. :D
Last edited by Jcoasters on October 31st, 2017, 6:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!