Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports SeaWorld San Diego 10/12/2017

SeaWorld San Diego 10/12/2017

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post October 13th, 2017, 11:24 am

Points on hand: 1,336.00 Points
Hello CoasterCrazy, I've been gone forever but here I am. I just got back from a fun day in Southern California, and decided to share my trip with you. First and foremost, Electric Eel has not gone vertical yet, but they are working on its foundations Image

I would have taken better pics of the site from JTA, however, I don't pull out my phone on rides, though I can confirm its not vertical. Despite the main paths around pets stadium being closed for the ride's construction, the park was in great condition, with the exception of the JTA tank leaking

JTA had its theming elements removed from its elevator and pre-lift (no more flooding effects, sun projection, or video in the elevator, it was boarded over). Manta received a temporary rethemed to "Manta Madness" Image And it was fun to ride. There are three different launch videos it picks at random, all seem to have the same projections, but the audio is changed, one is just a demonic voice counting down, one is what sounds like a dubstep remix of "spooky scary skeletons" and then the other is just straight up dubstep, however, it's still a relatively good theme for a small ride.
Manta itself though seemed faster than normal, and much more forceful, as if its launch was increased. I counted a good 4 moments of ejector and 1 minor floater (though that may have just been the heartline).

We did view the new ocean explorer area, but it seems like an overall waste of space/money, even considered juvenile by my little brother, who took his first ride on his first "big kid coaster" Journey to Atlantis.

Overall, the park was very very very clean, and well maintained, the staff were all friendly, we were even given free cups of feed to feed to the flamingos under Manta. Even with all attractions operating in minimal capacity configuration, there was virtually no queue for any ride, and crowds were minimal since it was a Thursday.

Post October 14th, 2017, 2:55 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Manta looks like a fun little ride - especially the second half.

You seemed to have a good time! (No queues always help with that haha)
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports