Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Curse of DarKastle at BGW Permanently Closed!

Curse of DarKastle at BGW Permanently Closed!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post January 24th, 2018, 8:50 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points

We thought we'd say goodbye to Curse of DarKastle with this final ride (digitally of course). The ride building will transform into a special events venue starting this year. While the ride maintained a loyal following over the last 13 years, we will be able to now offer new & exciting opportunities for Howl-O-Scream, Christmas Town & other events. With that said, we want you to choose the name for the new event space. Which would you prefer: Gartensburg Castle, NewKastle or Oktoberfest Palaste? Comment below with your choice from these 3 (only 1 vote per person)... poll ends Jan. 26 at noon.

While it is sad to see this ride go and become just an event space, it does free up land where Drachen Fire once stood. Hopefully we see something big pop up soon.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

The word on the street is this is causing a major upset with season pass holders.

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Oh wow, I remember when this ride just opened. Kind of a shame to see the ride leave the park.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Well now they have no dark ride at all unless you consider Verbolten as filling that void.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Paradox User avatar

They have Europe in the Air which is being rethemed into Battle for Eire and becoming a VR ride thing.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Noooo :( That ride was awesome :(
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points
This sucks. It was a really good ride, and it was probably the best dark ride in the US outside of Florida and SoCal. I was actually really excited that I might be riding it this year, but I guess that's not happening.
1.Boulder Dash | 2.Legend(HW) | 3.Beast | 4.Ravine Flyer II | 5.Intimdator 305 | 6.Phoenix | 7.Twisted Timbers | 8.Wicked Cyclone | 9.Thunderhead | 10.Storm Chaser

Paradox User avatar

Like I said before, this does free up the land where Drachen Fire once stood as that had become event space as well.

It's obvious. Giga 2019.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

^The building is staying so it doesn't free much up except indoor space right?

This is a shame. SeaWorld Parks are quickly turning towards Cedar Fair quality instead of the Universal Studios quality they should be aiming for.

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!