Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 Full Manual Mode using scripting

Full Manual Mode using scripting

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post February 1st, 2018, 9:42 am

Points on hand: 65.00 Points
I want to start my coaster in the station in full manual mode using a script. Then I want to hit some keys to do this

3 - Close Gates
2 - Close Harness
1 - Disengage Floor
Enter - Dispatch

Then I want it to reset when it gets back to the station so the user can hit the keys again in the correct sequence to dispatch the car. My coaster is set to closed circuit and it is the only train on the track.

Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks for your time.

Post February 2nd, 2018, 6:31 pm

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
cant you already do those things? just change the key settings to 1,2,3?
Plantoris

Post February 4th, 2018, 3:37 am
herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,471.00 Points
If you open your settings, you can allready see the key bindings for this actions.

Normally they are:
Open Harness: Numpad 8
Close Harness: Numpad 2
Open Gates: Numpad 9
Close Gates: Numpad 3
Disengage Floor: Numpad 1
Raise Platform: Numpad 7
Unlock Flyer Car: Numpad 4
Lock Flyer Car: Numpad 6
Dispatch: Numpad Enter

It would be impossible to do these things with a script in full manual mode. Full manual mode really means full manual mode. It really is impossible to automatically preform actions with the track or the train.

It may be possible to do in manual block mode, but then you'll have to script the whole coaster. But the easiest thing to do is probably change the keybindings. ;)

Post February 6th, 2018, 10:44 pm

Points on hand: 65.00 Points
OK. I am now using the Telemetry server and this is working great. Trying to detect when the coaster is back at the station after dispatching. Using the gss message to detect if I can dispatch. If not then train is still running. If yes, train has arrived and I can open harnnesses and gates with correct messages (sgo and sho). This works great expect it does not always return false for can dispatch message when using gss after dispatching from station. Not sure why but it works every time on the first try and then 2nd and 3rd times it stops working. Using the Java code with a while statement to check if can dispatch.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong and why the gss does not always work? Thanks for your help.

Post February 10th, 2018, 3:39 am
herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,471.00 Points
I don't have any experience with the Telemetry server but it sounds like the state that is been given is the same as you should be able to see in the real simulator.

I took a quick look in the simulator and it looks like the coaster is only ready for dispatch when the next block is free. This could explain why it works the first time: Initially there is no train on the lift (or next block). If there's a train on the lift you will get the ready for dispatch state as soon as the other train leaves the lift.

It will probably work if you check if the harnnesses can be opened and assume the train is in the station if they could be openend.

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2