Board index Roller Coaster Games 3D Modeling Discussion 3ds Max Track importer plugin

3ds Max Track importer plugin

Discuss anything related to 3D modeling from 3ds Max to Object Creator. Have a question? Get it answered here!

Post February 21st, 2018, 5:12 pm

Points on hand: 6,842.00 Points
Any tips on how I can get the 3d track recolored once its been imported into the editor? I've been racking my brain for hours trying to figure it out but, I'm stumped :? :roll:
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Post March 4th, 2018, 10:15 am
PvM User avatar

Points on hand: 8,245.00 Points

^Sorry for the late reply, I forgot to answer ^^'. Anyway, you'll have to add materials to your track. Press m to open up the material editor, click the first material and make it a "standard material" and name it anything you like. Then drag and drop it onto your track. After exporting, the material should show up in the No limits editor so you can replace it.

Today I came across a new bug when I tried to import a coaster made with FVD. Basically the script crashed while parcing abbreviated numbers (3ds Max turned 0.000001 into 1e-06 and the unit conversion function didn't like this). I fixed the problem by letting the script set the system units to meters during the import process. This eliminates the need to convert the coordinates to system units and thus abbreviated numbers aren't a problem anymore. As a byproduct this also eliminates the need for 2 seperate files for dots or comma's as decimal seperators.

In short: There's now one script that should work for everyone and hopefully all the bugs have been solved :P. Go get it in the first post.

Post January 12th, 2020, 3:21 am
PvM User avatar

Points on hand: 8,245.00 Points

I just released an update for the 3ds Max track importer.

What's new?
- I added the ability to add connectors between ties
- 5 new track styles:

• Intamin Mega Coaster:
    Intamin Mega Coaster.png

• Premier:
    Premier plate.png

Premier beam.png

• RMC Raptor Track:
    RMC Raptor.png

• S&S:
    S&S Sitdown.png