Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Kings Dominion 2018 - Twisted Timbers RMC Hurler

Kings Dominion 2018 - Twisted Timbers RMC Hurler

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Encounter the tree monster coming at the rollin' drop - effective IMO to scare the riders! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points

Points on hand: 848.00 Points

Looks sluggish, but that's to be expected, given that it's been cold lately and there aren't any riders to weigh the ride down. I'd give it some time to break in.
I, for one, welcome our new RMC overlords.

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Yeah that POV is like the lowest speed index feasible for the ride. This thing is going to become unreasonably crazy as it breaks in. Still, seeing the POV is awesome and it's a beautiful layout.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
It sped up a ton by the end of the night and was nonstop ejector and intensity. Overall great ride and amazing for the park!
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Even if the end is slow the whole ride could be the drop and then the 3 subsequent hills and most people would be happy lol.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Paradox User avatar

Those three hills have insane ejector and each one feels stronger than the last.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Paradox User avatar

Ride valleyed today

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 5,955.00 Points
wow
Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
ahahahahahahahahaha
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I wonder how it suddenly valleyed... just get over it! :lol:
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

So I went this past Friday and Sunday. This ride shocked me, like blew me away... Let me explain.

Friday we got in line while the ride as down. When we got on, it was around 45*, running 1 train and running on cold steel. It was a great ride. The airtime was strong but not too strong. Even at this state, I'd say it was better than KK's Storm Chaser.

Sunday we got in line when it was 70*, running 2 trains.... and my god. This ride I swear! Possibly stronger airtime than Lightning Rod. Absolutely stunning and perfect! Like BLEW ME AWAY perfect!! This ride is the surprise of the year - no joke. If you skip on this, this year, you're missing out.
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
This ride is either valleying or petrifying the hell out of riders :lol:
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 1,047.00 Points
It valleyed because they slowed the chain lift in order to try to make it quieter.

lol240 wrote:
I wonder how it suddenly valleyed... just get over it! :lol:

They slowed the chain lift.

Points on hand: 3,266.00 Points
coasterfrk85 wrote:
It valleyed because they slowed the chain lift in order to try to make it quieter.

BS. It valleyed because between the day before it valleyed and the day it valleyed, the temperature dropped almost 50 degrees. The chain lift has always been that speed.
Lightning Rod|Intimidator 305|Fury 325|Twisted Timbers|Storm Chaser|Wicked Cyclone|Skyrush|Maverick|El Toro|Voyage

How do you know what the speed was, this was during test runs. They slowed it down to try to get the lift quieter.

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
I visited Kings Dominion last Sunday, and while Twisted Timbers was initially listed on the closed rides sign (it had valleyed the day before, likely due to frigid temperatures), the ride opened in the early afternoon and ran intermittently for the rest of the day. I managed to get three rides on it and the coaster not only exceeded my expectations, it smashed them. It's an incredibly smooth ride packed full of airtime with better pacing than most RMCs and just the right level of intensity. While I do slightly prefer Twisted Colossus (particularly when dueling), Twisted Timbers is absolutely a top ten steel coaster (possibly even top five) and I honestly think it could wind up being better than Steel Vengeance. Regardless, the addition of Twisted Timbers gives Kings Dominion what I'd consider to be one of the most balanced coaster line-ups in the United States and should absolutely bump the park to top priority for a future visit.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Glad you enjoyed it. I still am a bit surprised they chose to actually use almost all of the old track on this one. Usually RMC truncates rides quite a bit.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 1,123.00 Points
I got to ride this 8 times on Tuesday the 19th. The high for the day was about 97F degrees if I remember correctly and TT was straight up hauling. My first two morning rides left me with the impression that it was very good, but no different than any other RMC. I grew to like it more and more as the day went on and it warmed up further. I think this is the most intense RMC with the strongest airtime I've ridden thus far. Doesn't make it my favorite necessarily, but for now the most balls-to-the-wall extreme (at least until Steel Vengeance later in the week, fingers crossed). The ejector hills are well known by now, so what surprised me most was the amount of air in the inverting drop (not even Medusa's has that) and the positive g's packed into the overbanked turn. I'd rank my RMCs at this point like this:

1. Medusa Steel Coaster
2. Wicked Cyclone
3. Outlaw Run
4. Twisted Timbers
5. Twisted Colossus
6. Iron Rattler
7. New Texas Giant
8. Joker

And it was great running into Paradox again too!

Paradox User avatar

Nice seeing you there as well!

I rode it once in the night right before closing and got stuck on the brake run cause we oversped so much. Apparently our cycle was 46.60 seconds which is close to the record of fastest ride. This ride is fantastic and I prefer it to Storm Chaser and Wicked Cyclone.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!