Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 No Limits Idea Generator

No Limits Idea Generator

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post May 11th, 2018, 9:56 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
https://no-limits-idea-generator.herokuapp.com/

EDIT: Added RMCs as an option. They're a steel coaster

I've found the hardest part about No Limits is the ability to come up with an idea. I made an idea generator that randomly generates ideas for you based on your preferences.

How it works:
It filters possibilities based on whether or not you want launchy rides, steel rides, etc. The program adds restrictions common to the ride type to force creativity, and recommends realistic elements as well. The suggested heights are calculated by taking the tallest and shortest of each type and designating ranges slightly bigger, smaller, or in between based on your preferences and randomly pulling a number out of the range.

Directions:
Click radio buttons on a form, then it throws an idea at you. If you want another idea using the same data, click the blue "Give me another idea!" button, if you want to edit the form, click the green "Change Preferences" button.

It's not perfect, it might crash (that's doubtful), it sometimes gives crazy results, and sometimes it contradicts itself so don't expect perfection. Please remember that it's hard to be creative with some rides like impluses, so recommendations can be sparse...

I'm open to suggestions, but I will not allow this to turn into a nitpicky pandora's box. This includes all default track types already found in the game (no RMCs, get over it) except mine trains because you kinda need to already have an idea what you want if you build one of those. There is a good chance I missed a track type, so let me know if I did.

Have fun!
Matt
Last edited by Coasterkidmwm on May 21st, 2018, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post May 13th, 2018, 3:02 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post May 13th, 2018, 7:53 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

Thanks! As a reminder I am open to suggestions and wouldn't mind tacking on features if they're not too crazy.

Post May 15th, 2018, 12:33 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
This is neat! I posit that this could even be used as the rules for some small contests. It's got a unique randomness to it that would challenge everyone.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post May 15th, 2018, 6:29 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Just pushed a quick update 5/15/18. Realized I forgot SLCs and Macks. Macks are coming soon. There is a changelog at the very bottom of the homepage if anyone really cares.

Also still open to ideas for element suggestions, miscellaneous restrictions, etc if ya'll think of something.

Post May 15th, 2018, 7:04 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points

Post May 15th, 2018, 7:57 pm

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
element suggestions, miscellaneous restrictions

-Hyper wacky worm
-Horizontal polercoaster
-Figure 8 loop
-B&M jetcoaster
-B&M blitz coaster
-launched non-RMC wooden coaster
-RMC with no overbanks or inversions
-What would "the rest of Full Throttle" look like?

Post May 15th, 2018, 8:45 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

I had an internal struggle concerning the Figure 8 loop since they're not survivable unless you use 3 cars trains or something tiny and maybe incline each end a bit in opposite ends. I guess I'll throw it in.

Regarding the RMCs and whatever else, I'm trying to make this use in-game styles so that it's not pandora's box and infinite work, so no RMC's etc. Stuff like the corkscrew coaster can be double-dipped into Vekoma pretty easily, but other things are way too much of a stretch. Sorry to "no" the suggestions I've gotten for the most part.

Cool5 - I understand jetcoasters can get away with the corkscrew trains/track well. Each style has "plausible elements" and "typical elements". What the heck am I supposed to say for jet coasters besides "rampy hills" and "flat turns"? I don't want another dud like the impulse coasters in there where it's impossible to invent variety.

Post May 16th, 2018, 6:23 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
You could always just make the jetcoaster thing a misc addition anyway (like you have the Chinese Knockoff choice).

Have you added a misc to state the the coaster must be transportable?
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post May 16th, 2018, 12:12 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points

Post May 16th, 2018, 12:38 pm

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points
Try to avoid the following:

terrain (see Boss)
2-seat PTCs
cyclone layout (see Great White)

Miscellaneous Restriction: have terrain that forces the first drop to not be the largest drop

I'm not supposed to have terrain but I'm also supposed to have terrain that forces the first drop to not be the longest?

I did it more times and got "build what you were told to build, but instead it's a Chinese-knockoff" as a misc. restriction. I think cool5 would love that.

Post May 16th, 2018, 4:05 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Sometimes it contradicts itself. All it's doing is pulling random ideas/elements out of arrays based on your preferences. Because it's random, sometimes that happens. The terrain one with Boss being mentioned is a whoopsie I forgot to delete though lol I'll nuke that later.

Post May 19th, 2018, 9:09 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

Fixed the above terrain issue, added a couple more restrictions, and added Mack coasters into the idea generator.

Post May 21st, 2018, 10:43 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

Added RMCs as an option. They're a steel coaster, and it even throws an existing woodie at you to try and modify.

Post May 21st, 2018, 4:27 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Super extremely tiny comment, since I think this is very neat and deserves perfection, there's a minor typo in question 2: "I'm find with either" *fine
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post May 21st, 2018, 4:57 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

tiepilot35 wrote:
Super extremely tiny comment, since I think this is very neat and deserves perfection, there's a minor typo in question 2: "I'm find with either" *fine

Oh thanks I'll get that fixed tomorrow. My eyes have been glazing over errors.

Post May 24th, 2018, 11:12 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

I added selection by manufacturer and "freeform steel" which is a frankenstein amalgamation of everything.

Post September 8th, 2018, 2:44 pm

Points on hand: 3,820.00 Points

Post December 26th, 2022, 3:35 pm

Points on hand: 123.00 Points
Looks like the link doesnt work anymore. Have a fix?

Post April 17th, 2023, 2:36 pm

Points on hand: 56.00 Points
I tried the link but there I unable to use it. It just has text in the middle saying, "There's nothing here, yet." Has the software been discontinued or something? Or am I just not doing anything correctly.

Post December 27th, 2023, 2:46 am

Points on hand: 108.00 Points
This is a really cool idea generator! The ability to get random ride ideas based on preferences seems handy. I like the balance of providing constraints to encourage creativity but still allowing for some variety in the results. Nice work putting this together - I'm sure it will help spark some new coaster concepts. Thanks for sharing!

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2