Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! SFGAm 2018 - Mardi Gras Hangover: Larson Loop

SFGAm 2018 - Mardi Gras Hangover: Larson Loop

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
New Record Breaking Coaster to Debut at Six Flags Great America
World???s Largest Loop Coaster Coming in 2018
Six Flags Great America, the Thrill Capital of the Midwest, has an announcement of epic proportions. Coming in 2018 is the world???s largest loop coaster. This world-record breaking attraction will take riders forward and backward on a gigantic loop before suspending them completely upside down for plenty of wicked hang-time.

???Six Flags continues to prove that innovation is in our DNA and we are thrilled to introduce yet another world-record breaking coaster to our impressive arsenal of thrill rides,??? said Park President Hank Salemi. ???Standing at 100 feet tall, this is an experience our guests cannot get anywhere else on the planet. With the multiple inversions and record hang-time, this new coaster packs a punch and is going to be one of our most intense attractions.???

This ride will have riders traveling in unique ???face-off??? seating. Thrill seekers will go through a whirlwind series of 360?? revolutions suspended upside down for the most insane, inverted hang-time of any coaster in the park before reeling down in the opposite direction.

Highlights include:

World???s largest coaster of its kind;
100 feet tall;
360 degree revolutions with multiple inversions;
32 seats in unique ???face-off??? design, with guests seated back-to-back and face-to-face;
Inverted hang-time with riders suspended upside down for extended times; and
The park???s 16th coaster.

This latest thrill will be located in the Mardi Gras area of the park. The new coaster will be named soon and is set to open in spring of 2018. For more information about next season at Six Flags Great America, visit https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/newfor2018.

Six Flags Great America is also announcing the start of 2018 Season Pass sales with its special Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the best deal of the year???savings over 70% off on a 2018 Pass!

August 31 through September 4, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Season Pass with every Pass purchased. Gold Season Passes include admission to Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor, and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission offers for friends.

2018 Season Passes provide unlimited visits for the rest of the 2017 season including park admission to Fright Fest?? plus all of 2018. Pass holders may also purchase a Premium Season Dining Pass, which includes a lunch, dinner, and snack during every park visit, plus they will receive a 2018 All Season Drink Bottle for unlimited drink refills. Premium Season Dining Passes may be used at any Six Flags theme park.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points
And people thought Crazanity was bad. This name is incredibly generic and if a taller Super Loop is built then this will be a misnomer. Actually it sort of is a misnomer because Full Throttle's loop is much bigger. They're just about satirizing themselves by now.

Post August 31st, 2017, 11:17 am
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
Soko wrote:
And people thought Crazanity was bad. This name is incredibly generic and if a taller Super Loop is built then this will be a misnomer. Actually it sort of is a misnomer because Full Throttle's loop is much bigger. They're just about satirizing themselves by now.

I believe the name was actually supposed to be something along the lines of "Hurricane Force" but because of what just happened in Texas they're probably waiting a little longer to release the name.

Post September 1st, 2017, 5:59 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Yeah I heard similar to what VF15 is saying. Kinda makes sense I guess.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post September 2nd, 2017, 4:25 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^^ Your opinion is great, VF15! I feel so bad for those who got caught in a historically giant hurricane and for Six Flags parks (still) facing such reality. Hope for the good solutions. (Edited.)
Last edited by lol240 on September 8th, 2017, 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post September 2nd, 2017, 12:24 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Largest loop coaster? Does that mean they try to advertise as a worlds largest loop on a flatride or as a worlds largest loop on a rollercoaster? :V
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post September 12th, 2017, 5:31 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
WORLD'S LARGEST INVERSION ON A POWERED COASTER!!!!!
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 13th, 2017, 8:51 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
WORLD'S LARGEST "HOTWHEEL" LOOP INVERSION ON A POWERED COASTER!!!!!

:lol: Fixed for you! It's gonna be one of the kid's best dreams! :lol:
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post February 13th, 2018, 7:51 am
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points

Post February 13th, 2018, 10:01 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

Very cheeky name lol

Post February 13th, 2018, 10:09 am

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,018.00 Points
Well, that translates into "Pancake Day Hangover" in English! :lol:

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points
That's a much better name than "World's Largest Loop coaster." Not even hurricane-related. I wonder if they were concerned about the name 'hangover' being family friendly.

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
It takes them literally 7 months to install a flat ride and they use the caption "talk about progress"????
What are these for?

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Six Flags Great America Launches New Holiday in the Park??
Park to Extend into Winter Season for New Tradition
GURNEE, IL. ??? April 11, 2018 ??? For the first time in the park???s 42-year history, Six Flags
Great America, the Thrill Capital of the Midwest, is extending its operating season and inviting
guests of all ages to be a part of the festivities at the new Six Flags Holiday in the Park??

This spectacular event ??? making its Six Flags Great America debut ??? features more than one
million LED lights, beautifully adorned Christmas trees, thrilling rides, enchanting shows,
delicious seasonal food and dazzling park d??cor. Holiday in the Park will premiere on Friday,
November 23 and run weekends through Sunday, December 23 and daily December 26 ???
December 31.
???Six Flags is creating a new season of thrills as the park is transformed into a winter wonderland
with a million dazzling lights and all the magical sights, sounds and tastes of the holidays,??? said
Park President, Hank Salemi. ???We are excited to extend our operating calendar and make
Gurnee the premier place to spend the holiday season.???
Additional highlights of Holiday in the Park include:

??? State-of-the-art light shows;
??? Spectacular nightly tree-lighting ceremony;
??? Outstanding coasters and attractions;
??? Magical holiday shows;
??? Fire pits for roasting marshmallows and making s???mores;
??? Millions of dazzling lights; and
??? Photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus.

Holiday In The Park?? will be the largest holiday celebration in the region and promises to
become a time-honored tradition that can only be experienced at Six Flags Great America.
Holiday in the Park is included with a 2018 Six Flags Great America Season Pass and
Membership. Members can now enjoy priority park entry and tremendous discounts of up to
50% on nearly all food and merchandise purchases all season long. Members also receive skipthe-line
passes, sneak previews, and extended ride times on some of their favorite rides and
attractions. For more information about the 2018 season at Six Flags Great America, visit
https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/newfor2018.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I have to say I love how well SFGAm integrates their flat rides into their park. I remember some of the more significant ones looking like they're supposed to be there, rather than afterthoughts placed on the side of a path. This one is no exception.

True Addicts
True Addicts

That's because it's occupying the spot of a top spin that was occupying the spot of an intamin spaceship flippy thing, which did the same thing as the Larsen Loop ironically lol

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Right, I remember riding that Top Spin. Only 4 inversions but they were in crazy rapid succession, had my world spinning vertically. I also remember GAdv's Frisbee in particular standing out as being in a really nice location.

Points on hand: 1,343.00 Points
Bank: 826.00 Points
They've done a lot of work on the Mardi Gras section at GAm the past couple years. Nice to see this area get a facelift. After Ragin Cajun was removed, that area was a ghost town.

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!