Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! SFOG 2018 - Twisted Cyclone: RMC Georgia Cyclone

SFOG 2018 - Twisted Cyclone: RMC Georgia Cyclone

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
^ That's bent quite a bit more than their other wave turns so I don't think anybody has. Could be wrong though
What are these for?

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
I'd imagine it's going to pull some interesting Gs given the transition into the wave coupled with the track design.
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
straightbanana wrote:
I never experienced that element, is it any good?

It's overrated.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Looks cooler than the "jolty" image shown in the promo! I should praise this layout! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Lol even the final zero-g roll doesn't rotate in the same direction as it did in the animation :lol: I know it's minimally important but the real product ends up being almost a completely different ride
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

I'm good to start shouting like "What a twist!" (Oh that "fakey layout" promo!) :lol:
Last edited by lol240 on May 5th, 2018, 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Points on hand: 3,149.00 Points

I've seen that the one hill after the zero-g roll has been turned into two.
Coaster count: 28 1. Fury 325 2. Twisted Cyclone 3. Goliath (sfog) 4. Intimidator 5. Afterburn

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Yeah the little additions should make this feel more complete.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Coaster count: 28 1. Fury 325 2. Twisted Cyclone 3. Goliath (sfog) 4. Intimidator 5. Afterburn

^ Let's talk about that 3rd hill... 90 degrees plus an ejector! Holy... :lol:

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points
Here's the video of Twisted Cyclone testing:

Starts at 1:30

Looks nice. It also sounds really quiet.

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Looks great!
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
I'm surprised it doesn't have so much weird typical RMC wobble as all the other ones. Curious how this one rides.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
The bits they added really helped the layout too
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

I think it looks wonderful. Great addition for the park, and I'd really like to visit it now.

RMC's weird lateral track movements before moments of intense rotation have always intrigued me... As seen on Medusa, into the 90 degree bank before the 2nd inversion, Storm Chaser before the first overbank, and this coaster into the zero-g roll. I can never tell if it's functional or just for the sake of weirdness.

I rode it yesterday! First public train too! It was absolutely fantastic! Ejector everywhere, including the wave turn. It's amazing how much of a difference the seat you sit in makes. The left is a lot more intense (it whips around more) than the right, and the back is absolutely brutal. It left my dad with bruises, or "war wounds" as he called them. It has definitely taken the crown from Goliath. The low speed and short layout could not matter less on this ride. It feels like it lasts a lot longer than it does. Twisted Cyclone was, without a doubt, a fantastic addition to this park.

Points on hand: 1,304.00 Points
After riding this coaster twice over the last two days, I can say that this is a very good ride. My third and debatably favorite RMC, ahead of New Texas Giant (Still deciding whether I like this or that more) and very controversially, Lightning Rod. This coaster wastes no time with long, forceless and airtimeless elements like most of the second half of New Texas Giant; however the ride does feel like the rightful third lap was cut off leaving the riders to feel like the ride is incomplete. Definitely in my top twenty. Now onto the actual ride experience.

First you do a flat turn out of the station, dipping down past some unexpected theming elements and going through some wonky hops. This part just wiggles you around, with no airtime. Then you hit the lift, which feels slow but only takes around twenty or so seconds to ascend. Then you hit the first drop, which gives a great pop of ejector- however you don???t feel the turn about halfway through, which was surprising. You fly up into the reverse cobra roll, which actually feels incredibly smooth and gives two great moments of unexpected hangtime. You dive back down and rise again into the sideways wave turn- this isn???t as good as Lightning Rod???s, but still an awesome moment with some ejector. When diving down you hit a sideways headchopper, something really neat and unique about this ride. You fly up into an airtime hill, then slam into an overbanked turn. This next moment on the ride is the best, giving both an INSANE moment of ejector airtime and a ballistic headchopper. Apparently this was designed to mimick the crazy airtime on the fourth hill of Georgia Cyclone, and it definitely feels like it. Sliding into a zero g roll, you get some more hangtime, followed with the amazing finale of this ride. The finale contains three insane moments of airtime, starting with an airtime hill. Then you are thrown up into a small airtime hop, dive into the structure with an overbank, and hit an amazing but jerky twisted airtime hill. Then you are jerked up into the brakes and your thirty second storm is over.

Now I think that Goliath is a bit better, because it feels complete and has strong airtime on every single hill, but this is a close #2 in the park for me. I didn???t mind the old Georgia Cyclone when riding it back in 2015, and even remembered having some airtime on it but a really noticeable rattle aswell. Overall this ride exceeded my expectations, as it was constantly called the worst RMC, but it has powerful airtime momets along with hangtime. However Twisted Cyclone does not offer a lot of G force; the only moments when I felt it was on the final overbank inside the structure and right before the zero G roll. It???s a great coaster that had a long line consistently, and that???s why I was only able to snag two rides on it.
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!