Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Kennywood 2018 - Steel Curtain: S&S Hyper

Kennywood 2018 - Steel Curtain: S&S Hyper

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post June 29th, 2018, 3:33 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I think they'll let it stew for awhile to be honest.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,018.00 Points

True Addicts
True Addicts

It's an RMC Raptor with a capacity of 50 guests per hour.

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points
The final number is...:

https://www.facebook.com/KennywoodPark/ ... 817204865/

It also looks like there is going to be some kind of announcement on Independence Day.

EDIT: Here's a video of all the numbers as they were unscratched:

News Writer

True Addicts
True Addicts

While this is nice, I think it's just enthusiast bait. It's got wood, launches, suspended, trex, footers, and a bunch of random words lol.

Post July 4th, 2018, 12:47 pm

Points on hand: 5,955.00 Points
I found the word records...
Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

Post July 5th, 2018, 12:26 am
afro85 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 81.00 Points
Bank: 26,937.70 Points
It also has "tallest inversion" and "airtime" .. interesting, if that's the case!

Does it actually have "airtime"
Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Seems like the words correspond to the numbers they scratched off. For example, 197 goes with "tallest inversion," 3 goes with "launches," etc. Maybe? I only glanced at the search for a second. I'd start by disregarding anything that doesn't seem to go with a statistic, like "wood" for example.

Points on hand: 1,187.00 Points
So far I see Height, Tallest Inversion, Trains, Passengers, Suspended, Launches, Length, T-Rex, Wood, Steel, Records, Footers, Lift, LIMs and Million Dollars... It's just a bunch of mumbo jumbo, some of it probably corresponds, some of it is just fake.

Points on hand: 662.00 Points
So far...
Speed, lsm, lim, launches, inversions, tallest inversion, wood, steel, records, suspended, length, airtime, tangle, trains, footers, million dollars, passengers, moon, fifa lol,

Post July 17th, 2018, 11:38 am
News Writer

The contest ended yesterday. An announcement is due this Thursday in a press conference.

Post July 18th, 2018, 12:42 pm

So what are your guesses? I'm gonna say RMC TRex. When they say "designer" it makes me think Schilke rather than bringing in someone foreign. TRex being in the word search seems like too much of a coincidence...as I read someone mention, probably not the best idea to use a brand name like that if you're going with another product. Then we all know of the original layout, which looked to be 100% legit. Clearly they were already working with RMC...and if there was indeed an issue of the ground not working for a wooden structure (could be possible, though I'm not sure why that would be the case) then why switch manufacturers at that point if the one you're with has an attractive steel option?

Could be completely off-base lol but I think it's plausible based on those things, even though Intamin was the original post-RMC woodie rumor.

Post July 19th, 2018, 10:38 am
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points

Here We Go to Steelers Country!

Kennywood Park and the Pittsburgh Steelers have teamed up to for a historic collaboration. Coming to Kennywood in 2019, Steelers Country is a one-of-a-kind themed land that celebrates the hard-hitting heroics of the players, but with a unique twist. The park experience turns its attention to the fans, putting them at the center of the action! Exclusive merchandise, skill games, and food locations - including a unique tailgating experience - create the feeling of being at the stadium. The new Steelers Country will be anchored by the record-breaking roller coaster, The Steel Curtain. With Steelers Country, Kennywood and the Steelers are honoring the greatness of the past and looking toward the future of the park, the team, the fans, and the city of Pittsburgh.

Throughout Steelers Country, fans will join in on familiar game moments: bursting through the area???s entry tunnel, seeing how they measure up in practice drills, perfecting their touchdown dances, and checking scores and highlights on a giant video screen.

Introducing The Steel Curtain
The Undisputed Champion of Roller Coasters

The Steel Curtain
Kennywood and the Pittsburgh Steelers are proud to introduce The Steel Curtain! At a maximum height of 220 feet, the colossal steel structure of the coaster will serve as a landmark addition to the park and a high-energy entry point welcoming guests to Steelers Country.

During the two-minute adrenaline rush, riders will speed through 4,000 feet of track at 75 miles per hour while navigating 9 inversions ??? including the world???s tallest at 197 feet above the ground!

Designed by S&S Sansei Technologies, The Steel Curtain will set three new records: a Pennsylvania state record (tallest roller coaster), a North American record (most inversions), and a world record (tallest inversion).

Coaster Stats
Records Set: 3
Height: 220 feet - tallest roller coaster in PA
Speed: 75 mph
Inversions: 9 - most in North America
Tallest Inversion: 197 feet - tallest in the world
Lift Angle: 50 degrees
Length: 4,000 feet
Duration: 2 minutes
Passengers: 24

Website
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points
That looks so incredible, if it's smooth ;)
Taron>Helix get mad

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,018.00 Points

Points on hand: 4,490.00 Points
Bank: 469.00 Points
ill be very excited to see how this comes together, i think they made a great choice as long as this thing is smooth and we dont see flat steel being used as spacers between the track and supports.

bad ride

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points

Points on hand: 1,187.00 Points
As an Eagles fan, I hate the theme but that ride looks freaking amazing. From it???s massive size, to the inversions and length, this looks like a very complete ride start to finish. Not what I would???ve predicted, but it???s much better than I???d have expected. Kennywood has a touchdown with this ride and this looks to be the right world class coaster to compliment Phantoms Revenge

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
So does the first drop count as one or two inversions? Because I would count it as 2 to make it 10 total instead of 9. I mean I can see how it would be 1, but it also rotates quite a bit past 180 before going rotating back into the dive. To me that's a separate inversion
What are these for?

Points on hand: 662.00 Points
Apparently (don't hold me accountable) but I have been seeing people trying to say that the ride is a Schilke design. I doubt the credibility of this, but it looks like something out of the NL1 exchange. I am hoping only for two things.. good restraints and that they worked out the track alignment issue. Other than that looks great and its a 9 inverter in PA only a few hours away from me :D

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!