Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Toverland 2018 - F??nix B&M Wing Coaster

Toverland 2018 - F??nix B&M Wing Coaster

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points

Points on hand: 4,433.00 Points
So the ride had to open today at 10 am, but it's almost 1 pm here now and the ride is still closed due to technical difficulties. The park extended it's opening hours today in case Fenix opens. More information will be given by the park at 3pm GMT+1
UPDATE: Fenix opened around 2 pm
*Likes Taron, Untamed, Troy and Colorado Adventure a lot*

herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,471.00 Points
RCT3andNL2stuff wrote:
Toverland... WHY
They made a beautiful area, a beautiful queue, a beautiful station.
This is just an anti-climax of the experience imo

They don't have that much money and then they got to make decisions. It can be pretty costly to decorate the outside of the building and because of that they probably choose to not decorate this part instead of making budget cuts on other parts of the area. They also did this with their rapid river station building. The side that the public almost never sees wasn't decorated for years. However, you could see that side of the building when exiting the station in the rapid. Now that they expand their park, it's more important that the full building is decorated because more sides are visible from the paths. So now they are adding some rocks onto the station of the rapids. So they will probably change this when they have enough money or when this issue becomes more important like at the rapids.

Yesterday, I've ridden the coaster multiple times. It's pretty intense, I believe more intense than the other two wingcoasters I've done (Swarm and Flug der demonen). Maybe it's because it was such warm weather yesterday and I didn't drink enough water but I grayed out on the helix on multiple rides. It feels a bit short but is still very good. I might think that now my favourite two coasters of the Netherlands are both in Toverland (with troy still just a bit better than Fenix). I've ridden it about 10 times and it didn't get boring. :)

The boatride with darkride part also was amazing. Like I said, Toverland has to make decisions on how to spent their money and creating a very small darkride and adding a boatride so that it's a full ride was a great idea. Normally darkrides are very expensive but this way they could still have a darkride without spending to much money.

Although the darkride part is very short, the quality of it might be on par with what Efteling is capable to do. I just ridden this two times but I've got the feeling that I like the atmosphere of this darkride a bit better than Symbolica (the newest darkride of Efteling). It definitely leaves you wanting more.

The entrance area is also a great addition. They really needed a new entrance and the way it's placed feels like it's always been there. The connections from the entrance plaza to the other parts are done pretty well.

Points on hand: 4,433.00 Points
herman116 wrote:
RCT3andNL2stuff wrote:
Toverland... WHY
They made a beautiful area, a beautiful queue, a beautiful station.
This is just an anti-climax of the experience imo

They don't have that much money and then they got to make decisions. It can be pretty costly to decorate the outside of the building and because of that they probably choose to not decorate this part instead of making budget cuts on other parts of the area. They also did this with their rapid river station building. The side that the public almost never sees wasn't decorated for years. However, you could see that side of the building when exiting the station in the rapid. Now that they expand their park, it's more important that the full building is decorated because more sides are visible from the paths. So now they are adding some rocks onto the station of the rapids. So they will probably change this when they have enough money or when this issue becomes more important like at the rapids.

Yesterday, I've ridden the coaster multiple times. It's pretty intense, I believe more intense than the other two wingcoasters I've done (Swarm and Flug der demonen). Maybe it's because it was such warm weather yesterday and I didn't drink enough water but I grayed out on the helix on multiple rides. It feels a bit short but is still very good. I might think that now my favourite two coasters of the Netherlands are both in Toverland (with troy still just a bit better than Fenix). I've ridden it about 10 times and it didn't get boring. :)

The boatride with darkride part also was amazing. Like I said, Toverland has to make decisions on how to spent their money and creating a very small darkride and adding a boatride so that it's a full ride was a great idea. Normally darkrides are very expensive but this way they could still have a darkride without spending to much money.

Although the darkride part is very short, the quality of it might be on par with what Efteling is capable to do. I just ridden this two times but I've got the feeling that I like the atmosphere of this darkride a bit better than Symbolica (the newest darkride of Efteling). It definitely leaves you wanting more.

The entrance area is also a great addition. They really needed a new entrance and the way it's placed feels like it's always been there. The connections from the entrance plaza to the other parts are done pretty well.

Yeah they will probably fix it when there's money or when the ride is closed in the winter. I've heard from some friends who went there yesterday that the non-themed side was very visible when walking in Avalon. Also Fenix will probably still get a darkride part, but that isn't done yet. (They saw cables laying around by the transfer track, so these might be for more show elements?)

Yes the ride is forcefull, I've heard from more people that they greyed out (a few even Blacked out) in the helix and that it's really intense. Sounds like a great addition to the park, they really needed this. (It's worth mentioning that some people who have ridden all the wings in Europe found this one to be the best.) Same goes for Merlin's Quest, they needed a darkride and now they have one (sort of). I should really visit this park again soon, I really want to see the new entrance area in real life and ride the new rides after hearing great stories about them!
*Likes Taron, Untamed, Troy and Colorado Adventure a lot*

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I'm looking forward to getting onto this in August! Looks like a really solid addition!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Just back from my short but very quiet visit. I expected a lot more groups today, but we turned out to be the only set of 6 busses. :lol: Queues were almost non-existent resulting in a few rides for me during the limited time we've had. Too bad still some technical difficulties were pestering the ride today. So we've experienced the occasional lift-stop followed by an announcement of a ride breakdown.

I really love it how the park actually feels like a fully grown park now. The entrance area is beautiful and F??nix on the skyline just looks like it's been in the park for years. :lol:

Entrance is lovely!

The entrance plaza with 3 passageways, one to Avalon, one to the Magical Valley and the Troy area. :)

No lockers in the station area, but people just put their bags to the side. There is some space to leave them out of the walking way.

Loved their front row queue system. If you queue for the front row downstairs you're given one of these feathers, you have to hand in these again upstairs at the gate. This results in the lack of possibility to skip the queue via the "other rows"-lane. Lovely!

Super quiet today. Even front row was empty on occasions.

My seal of approval! #1127, check! Very fun ride! Still yet to decide what my favorite seat would be though...
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Great pics Dirk, I've heard this is a tad more intense than the other European wing coasters - did you think this too?
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 2,347.00 Points
I've done Raptor and Flug, but this one is much better! It is faster and more intense. The right side is the best place for a intense helix. Awesome wing, only thing is that it is fast so the layout feels too short.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Thanks for the TR Dirk. Glad you had fun in the short time.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!