Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Canada's Wonderland 2019 - Yukon Striker: B&M Dive Coaster

Canada's Wonderland 2019 - Yukon Striker: B&M Dive Coaster

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

devilsrule911 wrote:
Canada's Wonderland is in desperate need of a good coaster. It's too bad that they settled for another slow B&M.

When you say "in desperate need of a good coaster", I must say that I never once thought "It's a shame there's not a good coaster at this park" when I was there.
Leviathan and Behemoth are both amazing coasters, and it's them you're making reference to when you say "another slow B&M", which is a bit odd to me, because Leviathan especially is one of my all time favourite rides.

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points
^Sorry yes, I found both to be rather uninteresting. Behemoth was stupidly rattly and repetitive, and I didn't really get much out of Leviathan. It was just a few airtime hills and the rest of the ride just sort of meandered. It was fine, but I just feel like a park like that needs a coaster that really sticks out as a top tier ride, and they just didn't do it for me. I actually preferred that TOGO stand-up they took down (no exaggeration).

As for dive coasters, I personally don't like them because they make no effort to throw you around. Every inversion twists slowly and leaves you with nothing coming out of it. They can make me black out all they want, but it won't make it any more dynamic. Personally, if I wanted to relax the way I do on dive coasters, I would sit on a bench in my front lawn. No their not terrible, but for my own sake I would like to see something more aggressive as a $25 Million US investment. You're right though crowds eat them up.
1.Boulder Dash | 2.Legend(HW) | 3.Beast | 4.Ravine Flyer II | 5.Intimdator 305 | 6.Phoenix | 7.Twisted Timbers | 8.Wicked Cyclone | 9.Thunderhead | 10.Storm Chaser

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points
devilsrule911 wrote:
As for dive coasters, I personally don't like them because they make no effort to throw you around. Every inversion twists slowly and leaves you with nothing coming out of it.

I guess that's a side effect of having insanely wide rows with stadium seating.

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points
It is definitely their reasoning, but Thunderbird has wide trains and I felt like they really pulled off some really fun moments. It just seems like it's their intention to have dive coasters be very slow paced.
1.Boulder Dash | 2.Legend(HW) | 3.Beast | 4.Ravine Flyer II | 5.Intimdator 305 | 6.Phoenix | 7.Twisted Timbers | 8.Wicked Cyclone | 9.Thunderhead | 10.Storm Chaser

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
devilsrule911 wrote:
^Sorry yes, I found both to be rather uninteresting. Behemoth was stupidly rattly and repetitive, and I didn't really get much out of Leviathan. It was just a few airtime hills and the rest of the ride just sort of meandered. It was fine, but I just feel like a park like that needs a coaster that really sticks out as a top tier ride, and they just didn't do it for me.

Too many airtime hills
Not enough airtime hills
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points
We have an announcement date:

This teaser has also been spotted at Cedar Point.

Possibly connecting to Canada's Wonderland's B&M Dive?

Sources:

http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/

https://twitter.com/CPRundown

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
The main selling point: World Record 137 Mid Course Brake Runs!

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points

News Writer

The park posted this video on their Youtube Channel:

During the video, there is a blurred out image of the coaster that's appears for a split second.

Points on hand: 1,863.00 Points

News Writer

Track at Clermont Steel Fabricators:

...and here's a construction update from last month, as well as the track that is currently onsite:

Source: http://wonderworldweb.over-blog.com/201 ... a-s-wonder

News Writer

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,033.00 Points
Traintastic26 wrote:
New teaser:

the descripton says "The search will be over 8/15. Stay tuned for our BIG announcement. #CW2019". I think the announcement is a week tomorrow! :D

News Writer

New teaser, with throwback to SkyRider:

Also, it's looks like vertical construction has begun:

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Layout has been leaked and the first half looks incredible! This looks like the best dive IMO!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
The first half is really big and cool. That finale helix is seriously funny though lol.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
The final helix is more of a photo op like the final spashes in other dives. Still prefer a real splash instead of the helix but I???d imagine it???s more for the people on the ground then the riders. It looks ok, idk. Front half is defiantly good. I like that loop.

mkingy User avatar

Hopefully the MCBR doesn't get trimmed and you at least get some decent floater airtime off the that hill, but yeah - first half looks pretty solid!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Now I have another excuse to go back, other than that I didn't get the credit on the kiddie coaster before because I didn't have a kid.

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
It's going to be funny seeing those short dive coaster trains going through a vertical loop like that. :P
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

mkingy User avatar

gouldy wrote:
Now I have another excuse to go back, other than that I didn't get the credit on the kiddie coaster before because I didn't have a kid.

You mean you have a more acceptable excuse to go back... :roll: :lol:
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,033.00 Points
Am I right in thinking that this will be the first B&M Dive Machine to feature a 360-degree vertical loop?

Master of Puppets User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 4,575.00 Points

skyscraper wrote:
Am I right in thinking that this will be the first B&M Dive Machine to feature a 360-degree vertical loop?

I believe so!

Points on hand: 4,490.00 Points
Bank: 469.00 Points
skyscraper wrote:

You are correct

Points on hand: 1,187.00 Points
This ride looks fun and of course the big selling point to GP is the massive drop with a holding brake. I love the dive into the underwater tunnel, that adds a cool extra element. It looks better than Valravn by a little bit IMO, but I hate the vest restaints on it. I think the restraints and the lack of a splashdown were what set Griffon above Valravn for me and I have a feeling the vest restraints may hold this ride back as well.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!