Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Have you ever seen an excessive queue line fill up?

Have you ever seen an excessive queue line fill up?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Points on hand: 757.00 Points
If you are a coaster enthusiast, most likely you have seen an extremely excessive queue line path (ex. Superman at SFGADv has a really long path to get to the station, as well as two sets of switchbacks) that just makes you go, "wow. I feel bad for anyone who would have to wait in this if it was full.

Have you ever seen one of these excessive queues get close to being full? I want to know, because I have seen so many of these and have wondered if they have ever been used to their full extent!

Points on hand: 3,578.00 Points
B:TR at GAm has seen its share of days where people have entered in Mardi Gras and worked their way through the overflow queue (especially when it opened at the line was all the way back in Orleans Place). With the addition of Joker, I'm not sure this portion is actually used anymore...but I know the first overflow is still around and is frequently used during FF.

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
The longest queue I've seen was the Harry Potter ride at IoA, and it was pretty full. Stood in line for about 3 to 4 hours. That being said it was the last day of a 10 day stay in Orlando and we had already spent time at all the other parks so it made it worth it.
What are these for?

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Waited 6 hours for B:TR's its opening year and wasn't tall enough. It wrapped 3/4 of the way around the park.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Waited 6 hours for B:TR's its opening year and wasn't tall enough. It wrapped 3/4 of the way around the park.

:(
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I can't remember a time where I've ever waited more than an hour for something and I don't think I would be willing to. Maybe for Steel Vengeance and things of a similar caliber, but I tend to be extremely impatient with lines. BUT I also waited a really long time for the extremely lengthy queue at Harry Potter Forbidden Journey at IoA on my first of many visits to Harry Potter world. That queue line is so mystifying though, as it's essentially a tour of the castle and other central scenes from the movies/books so I actually lost track of time and enjoyed it almost as much as the ride itself.

If you want to experience queue line madness in any form though, go to Adventureland on a Saturday. Vomit worthy.

(Don't go to Adventureland - currently petitioning to have Outlaw and Monster relocated to a different state)

1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
GerstlCrazy wrote:
If you want to experience queue line madness in any form though, go to Adventureland on a Saturday. Vomit worthy.

(Don't go to Adventureland - currently petitioning to have Outlaw and Monster relocated to a different state)

I mean its pretty much the only thing to do in Iowa besides watch corn grow.....
What are these for?

True Addicts
True Addicts

I think Iowa and Wisconsin used to have better liquor laws (grain alcohol wasn't capped at 151 proof, etc) but now not so much.

True Addicts
True Addicts

mkingy wrote:
Coasterkidmwm wrote:

I was an accessory to my father and older sister riding it lol.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
mkingy wrote:
Coasterkidmwm wrote:

I was an accessory to my father and older sister riding it lol.

You make it sound like a crime!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
CKidd wrote:
GerstlCrazy wrote:

I mean its pretty much the only thing to do in Iowa besides watch corn grow.....

So valid...
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points
Vertigo at Walibi Belgium had 4-5 hour queues daily in the short time it was open. Beginning part of the queue was over 5 meters wide and was still filled up to outside the entrance.
Taron>Helix get mad

Return to General Theme Park Discussions