Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! SFMM 2019 - West Coast Racers: Premier Quadruple Launch

SFMM 2019 - West Coast Racers: Premier Quadruple Launch

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
smartguy86 wrote:
Well obviously what this park needs is another 4D coaster

Wonder if it'll be another RMC Moebius racer.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I see people ripping on their air launch model. Has anyone actually been on one of the newer ones? Also if ya'll want entertainment the SFGAm people seem to think they'll get a mirrored clone of thise despite the whole "not having the space for it and vastly different terrain" thing.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
THE only thing that throws me off about the launch S&S model is sfmm usually wants or goes for a record. What record could the break with this model? Would it be custom design? If so, then I???m excited.
The only record I could see with this model is the fastest launch record. Which would be exciting without having to change the layout. If custom, then could we be seeing something special?

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
These days, records can be anything. Especially for Six Flags. One shouldn't concern themselves with what the records could be. I think the more modern S&S launch coasters look very cool. If it's a custom dueling one, it could be great.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,843.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
I know there's been some speculation for it, but I'm really not feeling RMC here. If not Mack, my guess is actually one of the new generation Vekomas, as the teasers sound a lot more like a dual-launch LSM coaster with several inversions than an air launch coaster without any. I wouldn't mind being wrong and seeing the park get an S&S air launch, but most of the recent speculation on that seems to be a bit flimsy.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Is there really speculation for RMC?? gouldy was being gouldy. But nobody in their right mind would actually think SFMM is contracting RMC for a racer, or multi-launch, or dueler, or any of the above (unless they were YouTube or Facebook commenters)

I would love to see modern Vekoma enter the states though. That does seem a little bit more plausible than S&S. Full Throttle uses LSMs and they had extreme success with it.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I'm leaning more towards S&S rather than Vekoma who are far more entrenched and involved in the European market at the moment.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

GerstlCrazy wrote:
Is there really speculation for RMC?? gouldy was being gouldy. But nobody in their right mind would actually think SFMM is contracting RMC for a racer, or multi-launch, or dueler, or any of the above (unless they were YouTube or Facebook commenters)

It's really recent, but since SFMM is doing their announcement a day early some people are now seriously thinking they must be getting a world's first and RMC T-Rex has jumped to the top of the speculation list (despite evidence that the model isn't ready for production yet). I instead read this as either A. They are indeed getting a Mack Launch and want to announce before Carowinds (same way they did with Wonder Woman last year), or B. They are simply getting some sort of huge coaster and want to make the evening news in California. Either is entirely possible, and either likely means a very exciting ride.

Oh I didn't know it was happening a day early! That definitely suggests something worth paying attention to. I guess at this point I have a hard time speculating anything. But maybe I'll be making my 3rd trip to SFMM sooner than I planned. And maybe Green Lantern will be open so I can finally get the damn credit and model experience :lol:

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
GerstlCrazy wrote:
And maybe Green Lantern will be open so I can finally get the damn credit and model experience :lol:

Even if it's closed you aren't missing much. The ride is garbage, especially when compared to Insane.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I still can't figure out why they got that thing.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I haven't ridden either and I never understood why Green Lantern is so inferior to Insane. Care to shed some light for me Paradox? Does it spin less? Are the restraints different? Is it braked a lot more? People seem to hate that ride so much, but from the outside it looks very similar to both Insane and the S&S Freespins which people generally enjoy.

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
^ While I have no in person experience, I'm going to assume it has something to do with weight distribution. If one side is significantly heavier than the other its going to spin more right?( you are way more knowledgeable than I am, I'm just spitballing) Knowing how weird six flags policies can be sometimes(purposely stacking trains was a thing once if I remember) I assume they try to get the train as balanced as possible, which would make it spin less. Since the S&S models don't have back to back seating its not an issue for them.
What are these for?

I can't say how Insane is run, but on Green Lantern the employees will arrange riders in order to create a more balanced ride and minimize the chance of a car coming in at too much of an angle for the realignment system to work. Additionally, the ride has different shields from the other ZacSpins and a stronger brake on the rotation disk, so most rides result in just some rocking and maybe one full flip. From what I've been told, the reason for this is that if the car can't be automatically realigned at the end of the ride, the employees must call maintenance in order to manually lock the car as operators are not permitted out into the track area, so modifications were made after the first year of operation to minimize spinning. Unfortunately, these modifications had the side effect of rendering the ride terribly uncomfortable since the forces are applied at unusual angles and sometimes rapidly change direction. As a side note, it's possible the ride may never run again...supposedly there was a lawsuit due to an injury on the ride and the mandated modifications were not approved by Intamin and/or the state of California, so the park may just dismantle it rather than spending more money on the ride (no decision has been made yet as far as I'm aware).

Truthfully, I ride Green Lantern maybe once a year, and only when visiting with someone who needs the credit. By contrast, I did three rides on SFGAdv's Joker when I visited that park last month. The S&S versions are much, much better.

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points
Cryptic teaser:

http://picbear.online/media/18503998219 ... 1712356186

I think an annoucement is coming on August 29th. One day before the rest oft he chain announce their 2019 additions.

If you look at the original RMC trex layout concept, it duals, has a launch, has four inversions, and a survey a couple years ago was done for a RMC trex.(survey sent to sf annual members, was a video of a RMC trex).
One of her posters suggest counting up to four, maybe 4 inversions? RMC trex seems the most likely .
Only thing with any RMC rumor, we usually see their trucks beforehand no?

As far as green lanturn, if you rode it unbalanced, it???s great, they don???t run it like that anymore so it???s kinda nerfed.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Yeah no RMC has stated that the Trex will not be ready for a few more years.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

RMC said 2020 would be the year. But they said that a year ago. So a year sooner than they predicted seems feasible.

^Not with all the problems they've had with this year's single rail rides and their new train design. If anything, I wouldn't be surprised to see the T-Rex get pushed back a year. In any case, I heard that RMC has no custom projects in the US this year, which means other than Raptors we won't be seeing anything stateside from them in 2019.

Regarding SFMM's project, I heard something new from a fairly reliable source today that is different from much of the current speculation yet lines up with an earlier rumor I had dismissed as well as the current teasers. If it proves true, there's going to be quite a bit of head-scratching on the 29th, though it may result in the second best coaster at the park (after Twisted Colossus). All I'll say is that it's not Mack, not RMC, and not S&S. Anything else will have to wait until announcement day.

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Whatever it is, it better be a major investment due to the abnormal time gap between coaster installations.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Is there not a point where there are so many coasters in a park where you really don't need more? I feel like Cedar Point and Magic Mountain are approaching that. Maybe MM could fill in a straight airtime coaster gap but really it has a good version of what seems like every other style in existence lol. CP is even more well rounded, other than maybe a midsized GCI for the whole family to enjoy, given so many of its coasters are very intense and/or intimidating. I guess they'll keep adding if it keeps making them more money, but it's starting to approach overkill to me.

Also yes I know this is a coaster forum and I'm sure many people will be like shut up let them build lol.

^
Kinda. Not really. If it didn???t give a return on investment then they wouldn???t do it. Sure on some coasters I???d agree. Like scream is kinda pointless at sfmm. I like the ride, it???s not amazing but i think the turn after the brake run is cool going so low to the ground(although an ugly ground). The ride is not that popular and another park can easily use it more than sfmm. I???d even say if they moved it to the other end of the park in some better sceanry it be more popular. But both parks can still use certain rides that meet a certain demand. As long as that???s there then they???ll continue. Just don???t add rides that don???t make sense.
I???d say they send scream to another park and make riddler floorless. Then add a giga to fill in the gap.

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points
Looks like West Coast Racers is the name for Magic Mountains 2019 coaster. It also seems like this will be a dueling coaster:

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters ... next_year/

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

I'm down, if they can properly duel. I guess the "two is better than one" is a reference to both colossus and the fact that it'll itself duel. clever.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!