Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Movie World Australia - DC Rivals Mack Hypercoaster

Movie World Australia - DC Rivals Mack Hypercoaster

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Mack blatantly copies Intamin all the time.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Here's some great offride footage

The way the backwards seat works is that you pay $10 and they give you a half hour time interval to come back and ride.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I take back some of what I said, that back half of the ride looks pretty vicious.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I have to say... the large airtime hill between a non-inventing loop and a drop is now becoming my favorite! On a Mack's comfy model, you seem to be able to move your legs freely compared to when you are on an Intamin (Ejector) Machine with quite tight lapbars!

I find that one to be stellar! Happy operating! 8-)
Last edited by lol240 on September 20th, 2017, 12:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
The ride looks incredible, absolutely top notch.

The backwards pay thing is an obvious cash grab, and capacity isn't an excuse, they could just implement some sort of ticket system, or electronic time period check in, or something, ya know? I mean, the ride is like 24 million USD, which does seem kinda pricey, but I guess Mack's getting pretty up there considering Time Traveler is about 26 million, although granted there is heavy terrain. As far as the trains are concerned, it does seem like the tightness of the elements, especially the loop, is designed for a short train, so I think that's cool, although capacity wise they could of at least gotten another train and a dual station or something, I mean spending 24 mil on a coaster and getting 2 trains seems lousy. Yeah, maybe the backwards car is more expensive and a ticket system would cost them either paper tickets or machines and a separate entrance, although to me it seems like $8 USD per ride is just crap. If it was $1 AUD extra per ride or like 0.50 or maybe like $5 for unlimited rides pass, but still having to check in, and it lasted through the first summer or whatever, that wouldn't be such a big deal. Would still be BS though, like, how crowded is this park really? It's in Australia, and isn't Dreamworld right next door?
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Points on hand: 1,123.00 Points
POVs are out.

Forwards:

Backwards:

As much as I still loathe one of the dumbest names in the long, storied history of dumb theme park ride names, I think we might have another world-beating coaster on our hands from Mack. I really need to get on this and Helix.

True Addicts
True Addicts

Looks very airy and whippy

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
That first drop on the reverse POV gave me goosebumps just at my desk :lol: They're gonna make a killing on the upcharge. It's simple marketing. Guests will do it for bragging rights, experience, cash is easy at hand, upcharge might call for shorter queues during certain times, etc. I do predict that the upcharge won't last though, or it will become cheaper.

The first half is absolutely flawless, and the second half, although oddly uninspired and repetitive, seems aggressive and awesome too. A spectacular roller coaster.

I want them to do meaner stuff to the Joker face at the crest though. This park has one excellently themed Superman ride and then the rest of the rides are bunk themed as they come. Maybe the queue to Rivals will be cool.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
The queue of the ride consists of massive cutouts of superheroes and villains fighting. The park doesn't really do much theming but what they do works at least.

Here's the Joker face at night!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

True Addicts
True Addicts

That's cool as hell. Hopefully half the lights don't burn out each season lol.

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
That last hill looks really fun. Although I agree the upcharge is silly, the drop alone is worth it.
What are these for?

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Oh okay. I take it back. That Joker face is freaking awesome.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
DC Rivals charms me in a totally unexpected way! Dang Cool Rivals in this case! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points
Interesting news about DC Rivals:

DC RIVALS HYPERCOASTER UPDATE
With the rides maintenance period underway, three pierces of the track for the airtime hill have been removed. The supports remain held in place, while the required work is carried out on these area of track. While this maintenance occurs, the carpark entrance has been altered for safety reasons. The ride is scheduled to reopen on September 17.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/goldcoastthemeparks/

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
I think it's probably Non Destructive Testing to determine how the track is performing under the loads. This is a climate Mack isn't super used to working in with a ride that is much larger than the majority of their coasters. Hopefully it's planned and not reactive to a potential trackwork problem.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
Huh, I remember Helix getting similar treatment on its inverted top hat (or am I imagining things?)
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
I'm not surprised if it's just investigation reasons. As mentioned above, it's a different climate then the usual.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!