Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Bizarro at Great Adventure's double hill?

Bizarro at Great Adventure's double hill?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post September 4th, 2018, 5:46 pm

Points on hand: 757.00 Points
Hey, so every once in a while I hear people say something about Bizarro at Six Flags Great Adventure and how it used to have a double hill that they removed for an MCBR. I went to look it up and i found nothing. Was this actually a thing? I'm sorta interested.

Post September 4th, 2018, 5:48 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
No. Any time any person says anything about a roller coaster you should presume it's wrong.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post September 4th, 2018, 10:53 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

This was never a thing for Medusa, nor has it been for its renovated state Bizarro. The MCBR was placed there for capacity and safety reasons to regulate speed in an area that would produce heavy laterals otherwise and to allow for a 3rd train to run without stacking on holding brakes in ideal conditions. Below is a picture of it opening year, in which you can see the MCBR catwalks on the far left, and below that is the earliest video I can find of it.

Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post September 5th, 2018, 7:34 am

Points on hand: 4,433.00 Points
They probably confused it with Colossus or something
*Likes Taron, Untamed, Troy and Colorado Adventure a lot*

Post September 5th, 2018, 3:13 pm

Points on hand: 757.00 Points
Ok thanks guys i am not sure why i have heard this but now i know thanks

Return to General Theme Park Discussions