Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Kentucky Kingdom 2019 - Kentucky Flyer: GG Family Wooden

Kentucky Kingdom 2019 - Kentucky Flyer: GG Family Wooden

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 1,304.00 Points
Soko wrote:
Kw6sTheater wrote:
My bet is on a B&M dive coaster for too many reasons.

That kinda reminds me that sometime before the KK reopening plans were officially announced, there was this multi-page document that Ed Hart had made about future attractions where he mentioned wanting a Chang replacement, and it showed what looked like a compact dive machine layout next to the waterpark (about where that waterslide complex and Skycatcher are). Another thing I remembered about it was what looked like an out-and-back wooden coaster layout where Lightning Run is.

Two words: FIND IT.
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points
I wonder if they're gonna announce the actual thing tomorrow, since the other 2 teasers were announced on Fridays. I thought it was supposed to be announced yesterday but obviously not.

Points on hand: 4,433.00 Points
Soko wrote:
I wonder if they're gonna announce the actual thing tomorrow, since the other 2 teasers were announced on Fridays. I thought it was supposed to be announced yesterday but obviously not.

Kentucky Kingdom and delayed announcements are a thing :lol:
*Likes Taron, Untamed, Troy and Colorado Adventure a lot*

RCT3andNL2stuff wrote:
Soko wrote:

Kentucky Kingdom and delayed announcements are a thing :lol:

???We???re announcing our 2018 AND 2019 additions in Spring 2017??? then ???We announced our 2018 additions in November 2017??? and now I guess 2019 announcement will be today (IM PRAYING FOR IT, I DONT WANT ED TO PLAY MORE MIND GAMES N SH!T WITH US)
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

That's about the least likely thing I was expecting, and I'm kinda mixed on this. Even tho the announcement kinda felt anti-climactic (I was kinda expecting a steel looping Chang replacement given their anniversary) being a stepping stone between Roller Skater and the ejector air coasters still kinda fills a void in their line-up. I'm sure it'll be fun.
Also, yay Gravity Group, even tho there's a much larger one 1.5 hours away. Can't wait to see CoasterStudios parody this.

Points on hand: 848.00 Points

Unexpected, but considering The Gravity Group's track record with family woodies, not unwelcome.

Also, I guess they didn't know how to use NL2, so they went with Planet Coaster instead...that's okay, I can relate. :(
I, for one, welcome our new RMC overlords.

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
:shock:
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
That's actually a small nifty little coaster. I like it. :)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

So, um, after 18 months of hype (???hyper style coaster???) and delayed announcements (???Spring 2017???), and two teasers, we finally have the most disappointing announcement of the 2019 season. With Kings Island???s announcement, we didn't all know to expect something big because there was not much land clearing. But with this, there was an insane amount of expectations amounting that consisted of everything from a relocated Firehawk to a B&M Hyper , and they were all wrong. Coming to Kentucky Kingdom in 2019, is a kiddy Gravity Group woodie called Kentucky Flyer. Watch below as your eyes betray you and the hype gets wrecked. At least it???s by Gravity Group!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-jfxSC60uU

Out of 139 creds

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
^ Gravity group coasters are great big or small, why complain?
What are these for?

CKidd wrote:
^ Gravity group coasters are great big or small, why complain?

If the ride wasnt hyped up to death, this would be much more exciting. I am GLAD its a Gravity Group, thats the one good thing about this. But for a 30th anniversary this is really petty.

Out of 139 creds

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
Meh, outside of this thread, I didn't see any hype at all. Even still it's what parks do with social media, if you actually fall into believing it, then that's on you. Its all buzz words to get people talking about it on Facebook. The park has only been re-opened for a few years, and in that time, its gotten quite a bit of investment put into it, with a brand new ground up coaster to open the park, multiple new flatrides, a lot of rides being renovated, and an RMC conversion. Do you really think they going to build something huge anytime soon?
What are these for?

CKidd wrote:
Meh, outside of this thread, I didn't see any hype at all. Even still it's what parks do with social media, if you actually fall into believing it, then that's on you. Its all buzz words to get people talking about it on Facebook. The park has only been re-opened for a few years, and in that time, its gotten quite a bit of investment put into it, with a brand new ground up coaster to open the park, multiple new flatrides, a lot of rides being renovated, and an RMC conversion. Do you really think they going to build something huge anytime soon?

Yeah when Ed was indicating a hyper style coaster coming to the park in 2019

Out of 139 creds

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Whelp it is actually hyper style, just not hyper size.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
These rides look fun as hell. This addition was a great idea.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
This is the best coaster announcement for 2019
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

tiepilot35 wrote:
This is the best coaster announcement for 2019

I am dying of laughter, when such things as Maxx Force, Steel Curtain, Music Roller Coaster, Bobbejaanland 2019, Taiga, or Hakugei exist. Even Copperhead Strike looks better than this and i am probably the least excited out of most other people for that (Even as a carolinian.) This is probably top 10 new for 2019 in North America, but N.A. in general is not building a lot of coasters in 2019??? its like the big boy parks that didnt get a shiny new cred/big new ride in 2018 are stepping forward and getting one, and that wasnt alot.

Out of 139 creds

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Geez, salty much? :lol:

I think it looks like a fun little addition. Great to see GG building more of these smaller wooden coasters as they seem so much fun.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Those coasters are not being built for 2019, this coaster is being built for 2019
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Strangely enough, the one thing about my dream that I mentioned earlier in the thread got right was the approximate size of the ride.

Points on hand: 662.00 Points
I was hoping it was a knockoff B&M dive coaster... but with cool5 and XYZcoasters doing a collab

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
XYZCoasters would accidentally do a better job than this even if he was trying really hard not to.

tiepilot35 wrote:
Those coasters are not being built for 2019, this coaster is being built for 2019

I know that Maxx Force and the Kennywood ride are opening 2019, and I'd bet a ton the others mentioned are opening in 2019 as well. Use less inhalants.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

CoasterStudios made a documentary that was filmed while the park was still closed.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!