Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Can't America have non lifeguard water slides?

Can't America have non lifeguard water slides?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
lol240 wrote:
Well, then what is that case like in the UK? ;)

In Europe they probably would directly laugh at you in court, for trying to sue a pool for something you've done all by yourself. Then your case would lose, causing you to pay up an even larger sum of money because lawyer costs, lawsuit costs, etc.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,043.00 Points
cool5 wrote:
In Europe all of the slides seem to not have any lifeguards at all, just traffic lights to tell when the top person can go and a sensor that triggers when the person exiting the slide. Massanutten Waterpark has a system like this but they still need lifeguards. Why can't America have slides that are open almost all of the time even when there not enough or no lifeguards at all. Crazy American closes a water slide unexpectedly because there is a shortage of lifeguards to monitor the slide. I was denied the opportunity to use the waterslide last evening because the slide closed at 6:30PM even thought on Claude Moore's website it said the slide was open until 8:00PM. One of the lifeguards that I talked to, said that a few lifeguards went home early so they had to close the tube water slide.

all the swimming pools/leisure centre's i've been to in the UK have lifeguards at the top of their slides.
Last edited by skyscraper on April 6th, 2016, 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Depends on water park policies. :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
I was going to go to Claude Moore rec center to do the water slide but they said it was closed yet again. The website says it is open on Wednesdays. I have not been on that slide in almost 10 years.

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
Today I went to the Claude Moore rec center and the bubble bed was working!!

That was so so amazing!! The bubbles made my nipples jiggle a little bit when i was laying on the bubble bed. The slide was open and the rock wall.
Attachments
bubble beds.jpg

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion