Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Adventureland 2019 - Phoenix: Maurer Spinning Coaster

Adventureland 2019 - Phoenix: Maurer Spinning Coaster

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points

A spinning coaster called "The Phoenix" will open in June, featuring a four-seat car that spins 360 degrees as it goes up and down hills. Construction will start in late February.

"It's a whole new degree of craziness," said Molly Vincent, spokesperson for Adventureland.

The $6 million roller coaster will replace the Inverter, a ride that was discontinued in 2017 off the main boulevard. The Super Screamer was there until 1999.

Maurer Rides, a company from Germany, is manufacturing the roller coaster, which will reach speeds of 40 mph and over 50 feet in height, Vincent said.

The Phoenix is the first spinning roller coaster at Adventureland and is a "family roller coaster," Vincent said.

In comparison, Adventureland's last roller coaster, "The Monster," reaches heights of 133 feet.

"It's more twisty and diving," Vincent said.

The park will open for the weekends in April 2019.

So this was a bit of a surprise. Although judging by the stats, this will prbably be a bog standard SC2000 model from Maurer.

Source: https://eu.desmoinesregister.com/story/ ... 276263002/

Points on hand: 1,304.00 Points
YOOOOOO and its not a relocation of this (like I thought) https://rcdb.com/3762.htm!!

Glad Adventureland joins the ???hey let???s pull a decent ride out of our back pockets for our small park??? club, up there with good ol??? Frontier City and Sesame Place and the others
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
This came out of nowhere! It's not a huge ride, but I've been on the fence about whether or not to add Adventureland to my Missouri trip next summer and this may have bumped the park squarely to the yes side (even if its a stock model). I just hope Adventureland gets one that spins decently...the older Maurer spinners are all pretty good but the newer ones (Undertow and Laff Trakk) hardly spin.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I'd like to do a trip out to cedar point, new jersey, etc. soon from Nor Cal. Adventureland was something that I thought about. I determined, for my route: yes! The main factor? That stall loop man! I can't think of any other park in North America that has that element! I mean, I've ridden Full Throttle, which, while a one trick pony, has some of the best hangtime ever, which makes up for everything else and turns it into a legendary ride! I think this would be different though. Also, that first top hat bank thing looks cool and unique as well to North America. I can think of the Mack 8 BigDipper's and Gerstlauer's in Europe. Although, the air on that first element looks pretty weak on Monster.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Points on hand: 1,304.00 Points
mkingy wrote:
I like Maurer spinners to be honest :)

I was about to do Laff Trakk at Hersheypark, but my Pennsylvanian cousins kept persuading me to not ride it hence I made Wildcat my 130th coaster.
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points

Points on hand: 4,433.00 Points
I was hoping for orange or red track but this doesnt look too bad either
*Likes Taron, Untamed, Troy and Colorado Adventure a lot*

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!