Board index Roller Coaster Games Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3 Intamin, please do this!!! (or another company)

Intamin, please do this!!! (or another company)

Discuss anything related to the Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 and 3.

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Hi! I'm hoping someone from a coaster company will read this.

sequence.jpg

This second top hat is designed for maximum hangtime, but what if the second top hat rolls back? Solution? LSM's and a small transfer in the valley. If a roll back occurs, the train will be gradually stopped with each pass through the valley. From there, it can be switched on the transfer, and given a slight boost back to another transfer on the main launch line, where it can be transported back to the launch pad for a re-calculated go!

top hats.jpg

I'm also thinking that this top hat would move 5 meters or so up and down like a trombone, based on computer calculations, to maximize hangtime. This could be done with a portion of slightly narrower gauge track that fits in to the hollow portion lower in the top hat, and is attached to the support structure that moves it. It would be done during the vertical section where zero G is experienced, thus ensuring the smoothest transition. I think most modern steel coasters have springs that hold the wheels tight on the track, and if it's fixed, again, it would be during the zero g section where it is most smooth.

Anyway, the main idea I'm hoping a company will implement is the transfer track for second element stall. It's probably not going to happen due to budget purposes, and probably not at 450 something feet haha. I think it would be awesome to see a 200 foot version though. I don't know if it would work with a catch car, maybe just LSMs, but I think so since the catch car track is just like a groove and the cable and catch car can be stored at the end of the launch until ready to meet up with the train.

In case you're curious, the main drop is 530 feet and it's actually pretty fast over the first top hat. Like, it's still a top hat, but fast enough so that the second top hat would be the main calculation point. I don't know, maybe that's too unrealistic with weather conditions etc, the first top hat would have to be the only calculation point. or maybe have both with the trombone slide? lol. That would be cool too, trombone slide top hat just by itself haha.

Here's the rest of the park I'm working on in case the reader is curious:

???Instigator - 200 ft drop, 80 mph RMC. I love how, exluding brake runs/lift etc, like 3/5 of it is in some sort of tunnel or support structure.
???Un-named B&M Wing - 206 ft drop, 81 mph, sick ass airtime hill where the right side is over the cliff.
???The Green One - 305 ft drop, 99 mph Intamin Giga. Bad ass ejector hill, floater hill, into giant 200 ft plus sorta Maxx force top hat with change direction teaser on the way down.
???We Can Fight - 535 ft with 530 ft drop top hat at 137 mph, into 455 foot inverted top hat, than a bad ass ejector hill, ejector hop, sick low ground grey out turn, two more ejector hops, and a turn into the brakes. It's actually a multi launch coaster, but only the first launch would be a rolling launch.

instigator 1.jpg

Rock 'n' Roll Revival 2018-12-29 10-59-27.png

Rock 'n' Roll Revival 2018-12-29 10-59-00.png

Rock 'n' Roll Revival 2018-12-29 10-58-44.png

Rock 'n' Roll Revival 2018-12-29 10-07-26.png

Thanks for reading, and have a great day!
- James
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Points on hand: 4,794.00 Points
I don't see this happening.

Taron at Phantasialand, an Intamin SLM coaster, already has it's block brake at the lowest part of the ride. To get it running after an E-stop the ride launches backwards to build up momentum and then forwards to get it back up to speed. Doing the same to your coaster would be a lot cheaper than adding more track.

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Thanks for the input! So the block on Taron is during the second launch? And yeah, I just figured the height would be difficult and a lengthy process as far as half pipe coastering it. Now that I think about it again, maybe not, especially on a 200 foot tall version. I know it's not super realistic, but it would be cool to see on a 200 foot size version, say like, iSpeed or something. But I agree, it's unrealistic budget wise, might as well just add in hang time other ways or do stalls or something. I'm personally a huge fan of hang time, so I would just like to see a second top hat or element with extreme hang time like Full Throttle. Full Throttle is amazing! The top hat is a bit disappointing, but it's better than everyone says.

Edit: Makes me think, what would Copperhead Strike do if the train didn't make it past the cutback stall? I'm guessing it stops in the valley during the start of the launch, where it can be re-launched successfully.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Points on hand: 4,794.00 Points
Yes, the block on Taron is the second launch.

I don't see why it would be more difficult. I imagine they would launch it just like an impulse coaster. They need multiple launches before they get up to speed.

As for the cost. I don't know what Intamin track costs, but I know Vekoma track is about ???1000 per metre ($1000 per 3 feet). I imagine Intamin track would be about the same. The second launch in your design is already there so that costs nothing extra.

I don't know about copperhead strike, but that is a Mack and they also already use the impulse coaster type launch on some of their rides.

Return to Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3