Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions A weird fun fact about Batman: The Ride Clones!

A weird fun fact about Batman: The Ride Clones!

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Points on hand: 757.00 Points
Hey everyone,

This is a pretty random fact but I thought it was pretty quirky- on the Batman: The Ride clones, the 2 Corkscrews at the end are actually listed as "Wing Over" elements. I guess Six Flags advertised the corkscrews this way to make them seem like more unique elements, kind of like a Storm Chaser of 1992 if you know what I mean ;) . Plus, they are listed the same way even on B:TR clones under different names and some even under different companies. Anyways, this is pretty random, but I just felt like sharing this on the forums because why not!

Here's the RCDB page for the Great America B:TR clone if you want to take a look for yourself:
https://rcdb.com/5.htm

Happy new year everyone!

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Interesting! Prior to this I though other inverts had wing overs and that there was possibly a slight differential in shaping, something a little more drawn out. Looking at how it's only in batman clones on RCDB and with six flag's marketing, your story makes sense. Thank you man! And yeah, happy new year to you as well!
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
That's interesting, however imo all of the ones that are listed as corkscrews that actually resemble corkscrews are shaped more like the batman clones. Like Afterburn's, but one's like Talons have slightly different shaping.
What are these for?

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Other "fun" fact about the Batman clones -- Texas has three of them, and two are in the same city. Still drives me crazy to this day.

1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
CKidd wrote:
That's interesting, however imo all of the ones that are listed as corkscrews that actually resemble corkscrews are shaped more like the batman clones. Like Afterburn's, but one's like Talons have slightly different shaping.

I like the smooshed one on Pyrenees that looks like an anvil fell on it.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
GerstlCrazy wrote:
Other "fun" fact about the Batman clones -- Texas has three of them, and two are in the same city. Still drives me crazy to this day.

Yeah, I don't get it either. At least Goliath is opposite and has 7 car trains, which is different. I think I only rode them once or twice when I was there for the creds, even though I think batman clones are excellent coasters.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
That's a super recent change, as the inversions used to be listed as corkscrews and still were as of a couple months ago. I wouldn't be surprised to see other B&Ms of similar vintage get their elements reclassified in the near future, as B&M's corkscrews tend to have different shaping than those found on rides by other manufacturers (especially on the inverted coasters).
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Return to General Theme Park Discussions