Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! American Dream Meadowlands New Jersey - Nickelodeon Universe

American Dream Meadowlands New Jersey - Nickelodeon Universe

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points

Points on hand: 1,304.00 Points
What coaster is everyone most hyped for at this park? For me I???d say the Takabisha clone, followed by the Intamin version of GaleForce. I???m interested what these rides??? names and themes will be, and if the halfpipe was just shoehorned in as a +1. Wouldn???t the GP think the halfpipe is just a mini version of the Intamin triple launcher?
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

News Writer

More images of the two Gerstlauer's and our first look at the completed Intamin Triple Launch:

Sources:

https://twitter.com/rideent?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/RideEntertainment/

Points on hand: 757.00 Points
Where can we see the triple launch? I'm very curious, especially because I live 7 miles away from this park, so I'm extremely hyped

News Writer

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
The interaction of both coasters are going to be interesting! Can't wait :)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
When do you people think it's going to be opened? I'm planning to go from Argentina to New Jersey in July, but I'm afraid it's not going to be done. What do you guys think? Some workers are saying it's not going to open before september/october...

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
^ Other than this mall and maybe Great Adventure, I recommend you go to literally any other state when visiting the US.
What are these for?

Points on hand: 662.00 Points
I see alot of people in the community over on social media talking alot of ish on this new intamin and I don't really know why. This isn't supposed to be intense as a sky rocket or galeforce model, but does every Intamin need to be? The park has a darn Takabisha clone. That's their flagship coaster for this park. The triple launch is for all ages and for those who want something less intense as the Takabisha clone, but more thrilling than the spinner. Looks like it will be a solid first launch coaster.

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I love Intamin coasters, but this one doesn't really have a lot of the good characteristics of Intamins. It's fairly ugly. It'll be fun and good for families as a medium thrill ride as you said.

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I mean it looks better than the S&S version on the other side of the state
What are these for?

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I actually think the aesthetics of the S&S are better, assuming we're talking about Gale Force and not Joker. The layout I'm sure is more exciting, but I'm guessing a lower quality ride experience than the Intamin will be.

News Writer

We have names for the 4 of the coasters. All of which were shared at ACE East Coaster 2019:

The Chance Family Coaster will be called Slime Streak.

The Intamin Triple-Launch will be called Sandy's Blasting Bronco.

Here's also a new drawing of the Intamin Triple Launch. What's interesting is that it will feature a turntable which will allow the train to navigate the layout forwards and backwards:

The Gerstlauer Spinner will be called The Shredder.

...and finally, the Gerstlauer Eurofighter (Takabisha clone) will be called TMNT Shellraiser.

Here are also two more pictures shown at ACE East Coaster:

Sources:

https://twitter.com/aceonlineorg

https://coasterforce.com/forums/threads ... st-1049852

Points on hand: 1,304.00 Points
Alot of people were complaining about the name Sandy???s Blasting Bronco over on CoasterFORCE... however, I think it???s a neat name that gives Sandy the squirrel some more to her name. TMNT Shellraiser and The Shredder???s names deserve to be switched to be honest, but are still decent I suppose.
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

News Writer

Video of Nickelodeon Universe section of East Coaster 2019:

News Writer

Instagram video of the American Dream site which includes the Nickelodeon Universe theme park:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwsP27dnq5R/

News Writer

Nickelodeon Universe park is coming along:

It's also been confirmed that this won't be opening until fall.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters ... can_dream/

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Jesus hell lol... so the two Gerstlauers were only like 1/5 of the park area :lol: This is definitely going to warrant a visit. Growing up near Nickelodeon Universe/Camp Snoopy, this place almost looks like every wish I have about that park come true. The Euro-fighter cuts extra height into the glass ceiling, by a lot from the looks of it. That will be a really awesome detail. The spinner is way longer, taller, and faster. Room for future growth was definitely considered. I hope they put in some kind of epic water coaster or water ride because that would be the cherry...
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
Obvious question is obvious but it looks like some of the walls weren't up yet during construction so I'm not making assumptions.

Is the Takabisha clone ultimately going to be fully enclosed and if so will it take the largest indoor looping coaster record from Mindbender? I'm guessing yes and yes.

ed: Okay, I checked, and "largest" is an imprecise term, my bad. Mindbender is still going to be the longest by about 1000', but I would imagine this one is "larger" is every other respect.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
The Takabisha clone will be fully inside the mall. A friend of mine who is being trained to work at the park got to ride it and said the prelaunch section will be open.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Interesting... will weather interfere with it running, especially in the winter, if there's an outdoor section? Or did I misunderstand what you meant by 'open'? Glad to hear they're far enough along that some live people have been on it.

I was wrong above. I always forget just how tall Mindbender is, especially considering Olympia Looping is only around 110' IIRC. Mindbender will still be taller than TMNTSr (what an acronym) by 4 ft., at least according to RCDB, so this isn't really larger in any respect other than maybe compared to Mindbender's relatively compact footprint. But an amazing one to cram in there nonetheless!

In a way I'm surprised they didn't try to add a few more feet to it for the record, but it's not a knock and it will be super cool to have a very slightly steeper Takabisha clone stateside. Bit of a shame there wasn't a way for it to have lapbars.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
By open I mean that the entire ride is not enclosed, but it is all contained within the mall. There is just no dark ride section like Takabisha and some of the other Eurofighters have. Weather has no effect on how this park will run so it should hopefully be open year-round. I'm trying to get a Christmas visit in if it opens on time.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Oh i gotcha that makes more sense. Cool, thanks. Yes, I am also hoping to do a Christmastime visit if it's open in time.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!