Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Busch Gardens Tampa 2020 - Iron Gwazi: RMC Gwazi

Busch Gardens Tampa 2020 - Iron Gwazi: RMC Gwazi

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points

News Writer

Crazy details on RMC Gwazi that was in a recent First Drop magazine:

"The new Gwazi will make some major modifications to the duelling coasters. The first of which is to remove its duelling element. A new steel structure lift hill will give the coaster a 65m (212ft) 91degree first drop. Making it the tallest and steepest RMC hybrid coaster as well as the tallest coaster in florida. The original lift hills will remain and feature as "normal" hills on the new track"

Let's see if this turns out to be true.

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I hope its not true as I would love to see a true dueling RMC, but it makes sense. they only did one side of Twisted Sisters, and essentially took away the racing aspect of Colossus
What are these for?

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
CKidd wrote:
I hope its not true as I would love to see a true dueling RMC, but it makes sense. they only did one side of Twisted Sisters, and essentially took away the racing aspect of Colossus

Agreed it would be a better option for it be racing but probably not logical expense wise

Points on hand: 1,304.00 Points
deere839 wrote:
CKidd wrote:

Agreed it would be a better option for it be racing but probably not logical expense wise

Imagine the gimmicks... tallest, fastest, loopiest, steepest and longest dueling Mobius hybrid coaster.
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I really hope it duels, although 65m would be awesome. Colossus dosen't duel all the time as people are too stupid to board in under 1:30. It does happen though, and it's a blast, especially during ERT with competent people.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Personally I'd love to see the dueling aspect return. But I guess it's a theme that doesn't seem to thrill the GP anymore compared to 'tallest, steepest' stuff. :/
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Dirk_Ermen wrote:
Personally I'd love to see the dueling aspect return. But I guess it's a theme that doesn't seem to thrill the GP anymore compared to 'tallest, steepest' stuff. :/

It???s a sign of the times. Instead of parks interested in quality coasters that feel long, and wow a variety of people, many have simply opted to instead go for gimmicks galore. Not that they can???t be done right looks at how well-received Maxx Force announcement was to coasterfans but I just wish that parks would try to buy coasters without gimmicks and see how that goes.
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

News Writer

More pieces of Gwazi are coming off:

In the meantime, Tigris is coming along really nicely:

Source: http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/

News Writer

News Writer

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Such lovely aerial pictures kinda make me sad there wasn't any good footage of the layout, when everything still was standing. Most of the stuff you see are only pictures off the wooden mess from the ground.

News Writer

Last edited by Traintastic26 on February 17th, 2019, 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Don't you mean Tigris? :lol:

News Writer

Dirk_Ermen wrote:
Don't you mean Tigris? :lol:

Yes i did, just did quick correction.

In the meantime, here's the confirmation of Gwazi's announcement:

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters ... march_1st/

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
The Sky Rocket 2s built next to B&Ms look so ugly by comparison. At least this one isn't crowding Sheikra as badly as the other one is for Apollo's Chariot. They're okay rides but I do not enjoy the lateral transitions, especially on ascent. Feel the same about Wicked Twister, but that's better in the middle with the long train. All that being said, RMC Gwazi will be enough to make me visit again.

News Writer

More of Gwazi is coming down:

Also, over by Tigris, a repair job was recently undertaken on one of it's supports:

Big day tomorrow, since hopefully, RMC Gwazi will be fully announced.

Sources:

http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/new2020bgt2.html#1

http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/new2019bgt4.html

Today???s the day!! What are everyone???s guesses for RMC Gwazi? I???m betting on Uproar.

Out of 139 creds

News Writer

...and here it is. RMC Gwazi officially announced as North America's tallest hybrid coaster and the worlds fastest and steepest hybrid coaster:

#2020RISING

The buzz continues with more history in the making at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, as construction begins on a NEW hybrid roller coaster arriving in 2020. When it opens next year, the ride will become North America???s tallest hybrid, and the fastest, steepest hybrid coaster in the world.

Manufactured by Rocky Mountain Construction, the newest addition at Busch Gardens will be a wood and steel hybrid coaster design, featuring a maximum height of more than 200 feet tall. The ride will feature all-new thrill elements, as well as restored elements of Gwazi. Coaster enthusiasts can follow the progress of Tigris and the new 2020 attraction through the park???s social media channels and using #TakeOnTigris and #2020Rising.

Source: https://buschgardens.com/tampa/roller-coasters/2020/

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
The orange they picked on this looks really good. I'm going to reserve judgement (but really how could it not be bad) on the RMC until we actually know something lol. Should be a great year for Florida in general.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

News Writer

So this FAA filling confirms that RMC Gwazi will be higher than Steel Vengeance, at 210ft tall:

Source: https://www.thecoasterkings.com/faa-fil ... feet-tall/
Last edited by Traintastic26 on March 11th, 2019, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Higher than Sheikra as well (not by much, but still)

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
That means they're more than doubling the height of the original lift, which is insane.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!