Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Project Infinity [RLRides Mack Mega Coaster]

Project Infinity [RLRides Mack Mega Coaster]

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post October 17th, 2018, 4:25 am

Points on hand: 4,918.00 Points
I've been away a while and my old computer is in the skip and I'm trying to work around my work computer and my dying laptop. But it's good to be designing again.

I've been travelling a lot and been jotting layouts down for a multi launch after being blown away by Helix and Aaron (and Icon .. kinda). I wanted to create a multi-launch coaster that was compact but manages to contain the speed and air-time of a hyper, inversions of a modern multi looper all well sitting beautifully in the skyline. All the elements intertwine with each other from the first and second half with each element framing another (well thats the idea anyway)

It's taken a long time to get the balance of elements right, the pacing and collision issues sorted but I think I finally have something that is resembling a finished layout! So here's a picture of the FVD++ (I'm new to this) file. I do have a terrain to add and some tweaking to do, but it's riding well.

The project name comes from the fact from various angles the shape of a lemniscate, the symbol for infinity. And a lot of the ideas so far are branching from this. I'll reveal more later on.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Managed to get this beast into the sim and get it running like a dream, really happy with the layout now. Time to get onto the fun stuff.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Lol that tophat exit looks insane.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Lol that tophat exit looks insane.

Haha it rides pretty well, but yeah off ride makes it look abit crazy.

I'm all still abit rusty at the moment, but looking forward to getting to the more exciting parts of this.

Here's just a look from the tophat form the station

And editor view of the layout

gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Been wholly too long since we saw a bob_3_ coaster. Seeing this has almost.... almost inspired me to have a go at NL2 again :lol:

Looks stunning, especially in that last picture.

my long time collaborator has jumped on for another RLRides + Crazycoaster Design project! Whoop! Was stuck in a rut abit in getting this ride to a finished level, but Andre has helped focus all the ideas I've had and started creating the environment for it to sit in. I'm still working on the branding and stuff but FINALLY it's starting to come together. I swear this is the hardest project I've done so far in terms of brain power, maybe I'm just getting old.

Here's a preview For you of the station building and pathways. It has no textures at the moment but Andre's already done such a fantastic job. Watch this space for a final name and videos.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
As painful as it is for me to see it every time IRL, good job on keeping with a realistic Mack "waft" instead of a launch. What you showed looks pretty cool so far!
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
As painful as it is for me to see it every time IRL, good job on keeping with a realistic Mack "waft" instead of a launch. What you showed looks pretty cool so far!

Ahh I know, Icon's build up and launch pains me every time. But it wouldn't be a MACK unless I did it. The second launch has more punch though, I took some artistic license there.

Things are slowly falling into place thanks to Andre <3. Hopefully I will release this in the summer. But for now.

More supporting, and a new viewing path that passes under the ride

Here's an update on some of the area, theres a sondtrack now and it's coming close to being complete =)

Area pathway under the launches.

Some of the indoor queueline

Outdoor queue extension

Final brakes above the ride entrance plaza.

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
Lookin' sweet. That lighting for the queue would make an excellent launch tunnel (insert eye emoji).

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Quality as per usual, really coming together quickly too!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 3,826.90 Points

https://www.offtherailstravel.net/nolimits2/2019/4/29/evolution-of-infinity

I just wrote up a quick article on the design process of the layout of infinity. I hope it gives bit of an insight into the my thinking.

Return to Hard Hat Area