Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Kentucky Kingdom 2019 - Kentucky Flyer: GG Family Wooden

Kentucky Kingdom 2019 - Kentucky Flyer: GG Family Wooden

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 6,689.00 Points
**ORIGINAL MESSAGE DELETED**
Last edited by matthew6969 on February 18th, 2019, 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head??
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Points on hand: 6,689.00 Points
King Louie's Winter Walk-through 2019 Report!
1.JPG

Hi guys! On February 16th, 2019 I was able to attend Kentucky Kingdom's off season event, King Louie's Winter Walk-through. For those who don't know the park started this tour in 2017 under the event name "Keys to the Kingdom" and i was fortunate to attend the first event. I was not able to attend the event last year as it was held the same day as Winter Chill Out at Cedar Point. However this year I made sure to attend no matter what.

Since the park reopened under Ed Harts management in 2014, the park has installed 2 brand new roller coasters, refurbished two existing coasters at the park and is adding their 6th coaster in 2019, The Kentucky Flyer. Kentucky Flyer is being constructed by Gravity Group and will be located on the waterpark side of the park, with the entrance being located near the parks craft beer garden and Skycatcher. It is also amazing to say that the park is celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2019

Here are some interesting notes about the presentation we received at the start of the event and during our walk-through:

• As noted the park is celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2019
  • Along with the 30th anniversary, merchandise of former rides will be available. The items shown during our presentation included t-shirts of Chang and Vampire
  • Rock N' Roller is being relocated to King Louie's Playground this season and will take the place of the parks former Somba Baloon Ride
  • Kingdom Fries will be returning this season
  • Thunder Run's 180 degree turn near Storm Chaser and Eye of the Storm is receiving a complete re-track.
  • Everything mechanical on the parks Raging River Rapids Ride came from Opryland.
  • Frightfully Funny Fire Engine will not be returning this season.
Enough babbling on here is pictures from the event as well as coverage over on Youtube

Attachments
2.JPG
Happy Family and Journey To Atlantis will return this year.
3.JPG
The former ride location for Rock N' Roller
4.jpg
The new location for Rock N' Roller, replacing the parks Somba Balloon Ride
5.JPG
6.JPG
Frightfully Funny Fire Engine will not be returning this season.
7.jpg
8.JPG
9.JPG
Thunder Run's 180 degree turn near Storm Chaser and Eye of the Storm is receiving a complete re-track??????.
10.JPG
The Waterpark skyline is changing this year and you dont see me complaining!
11.JPG
12.JPG
The station area is in the process of being constructed
13.JPG
14.JPG
A look at the start of the rides Quad down. The first of 4 airtime moments starts on the right as you travel downwards.
15.JPG
A look at the lift area of the ride as well as the final airtime hill into the brake run. The shaping on the last hill reminded a lot of us of Magnum's final bunnyhills.
16.jpg
17.JPG
The transfer switch is in place as well as one of the lift chain gears.
18.JPG
This pathway will be the rides entrance/exit
19.JPG
The ride's transfer barn. One train will be stored here at night while the other train is in the station.
20.JPG
Steel rails for the track are awaiting their placement.
21.JPG
22.JPG
I would like to send a special thank you to everyone at Kentucky Kingdom for allowing myself and others to attend the tour that was put together and for everything they did during the tour. If you havent been to Kentucky Kingdom before or thought of going back, please consider it. Kentucky Flyer is looking amazing and it is looking to be a great year for the park!
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head??
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Looks like it's going to be a really fun ride. :)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I am honestly surprised more parks haven't bought these little things.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Looks fun! That ending bunny hop looks to be a nice surprise! You think it's going to be shorter in time than the previous one, but nope! An additional few micro seconds of downward pitch variation and ejector, with a nice lateral transition towards the end to throw you even more off guard! :D
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Yeah this looks like it's pacing well already, hopefully it'll speed up a little bit more over time and they should have a real winner!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points
Rode that earlier and I liked it. The restraints were kinda weird but snug. Never before been so excited for a kiddie coaster. The part where you fall of the track followed by 'Hall of the Mountain King' was the cherry on top. Just kidding, but I like how the ride op spiel addresses the passengers as if they were boarding an actual plane.

mkingy wrote:
Yeah this looks like it's pacing well already, hopefully it'll speed up a little bit more over time

Yes, please! Even tho it's already fun as it is.

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Looks great so far! I've always liked these smaller kind of rides. :)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!