Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Green Lantern at SFMM to be removed

Green Lantern at SFMM to be removed

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post March 23rd, 2019, 3:46 pm
Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points

(3/23/19) Screamscape was able to get an official statement from Six Flags Magic Mountain???s Sue Carpenter regarding the fate of the park???s Green Lantern coaster:
The Green Lantern: First Flight roller coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain is scheduled to be removed at a later, undetermined date to make room for future development. The park has no plans to open the ride before it is removed.
Six Flags Magic Mountain, the ???Thrill Capital of the World,??? continues to have an unparalleled world-class roller coaster collection. The park is open daily and will debut the world???s first dual racing launch coaster, West Coast Racers, later this year.
So there you have it??? Green Lantern: First Flight is officially no more, and we will see the one and only Intamin ZacSpin coaster in the American continent removed. There are currently only three other such coasters, all located in Europe: Inferno at Terra Mitica, Insane at Grona Lund and Kirnu at Linnanmaki.

So it's official, Green Lantern at SFMM is no more. Not that it will be a massive loss for the park.

Source: http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_fla ... untain.htm

Post March 23rd, 2019, 5:12 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Good. I think I rode this once and never again. I remember braking upside-down, which was horrible, although I think it was a particularly brutal run. It's not so much the forces as it is the restraints.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post March 24th, 2019, 8:37 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Jcoasters wrote:
Good. I think I rode this once and never again. I remember braking upside-down, which was horrible, although I think it was a particularly brutal run. It's not so much the forces as it is the restraints.

I love these rides when they're unbalanced as F- :lol: The rides were at those moments so much more interesting as it actually does flips it wasn't calculated for. 8-)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post March 25th, 2019, 6:14 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

This ride was so notably awesome that it wasn't even worth the effort to put together a press release to announce its demise. :lol:

Post June 19th, 2019, 7:46 am
News Writer

So in a surprise turn of events, Green Lantern is not being removed. They are going to retrack the thing:

What they mean by that or whether that will actually improve the ride experience is another matter.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters ... ntain_now/

Post June 19th, 2019, 7:57 am

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points

Post June 19th, 2019, 12:56 pm

Points on hand: 4,433.00 Points
Will Green Lantern become the first "Next-Gen" ZacSpin? Or will they use the old track style to retrack it?
*Likes Taron, Untamed, Troy and Colorado Adventure a lot*

Post June 19th, 2019, 1:41 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Seems weird that the track is the issue, especially given how I haven't heard bad things about Insane.

Post June 21st, 2019, 1:23 am
News Writer

Don't worry. It is actually not reopening anytime soon:

6/21/19) So what is really going on with the Green Lantern coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain? While the message that it was being saved spread like a virus through the coaster community yesterday, but as things tend to do??? the message got twisted along the way.
While it is true that Six Flags Magic Mountain President, Neil Thurman did mention that the coaster was going to get ???retracked??? or refurbished in order for it to run again??? Neil did not at any time say that the Green Lantern would reopen at Six Flags Magic Mountain.
Looking to get confirmation of this, I was also able to get in touch with Sue Carpenter (Communications Manager) on Thursday afternoon who absolutely re-confirmed to Screamscape that Green Lantern was ???Never opening at Six Flags Magic Mountain again???.
So there you have it! Nothing has changed??? and if I had to guess Green Lantern will be coming down before you know it to find a new home.

Source: http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_fla ... untain.htm

Post August 23rd, 2019, 3:20 am
News Writer

The train for Green Lantern is being loaded onto a truck:

Rmour has it that this is going to La Ronde to replace the parks Vekoma corkscrew coaster Super Manege.

Source: https://twitter.com/GijsMaarse/status/1 ... 7172513792

Post August 23rd, 2019, 1:36 pm

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
Ride rotation program lives on (unfortunately, in this case).

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!